• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

TheExodu5 said:
There's breeding in Pokemon now?

Breedings. EVs. IVs. Shinies.

I'm so confused.

Yeah, you can breed them now to make more.

Offspring is the species of the mother, and can inherit moves from the father.

Ditto is the exception, and can basically be used to clone any Pokemon you only have males of, or genderless ones.

Using this you can get moves onto Pokemon they couldn't otherwise learn, or make more with moves they wouldn't learn until much later.

D-Pad

robotzombie said:
Pansage is really starting to disappoint me (lvl 19). Is he gonna stay this terrible?

In my experience with Panpour: yes until you evolve him. Actually, in my totally and complete unbiased opinion, I think Panpour is the best of the three because Scald is awesome.

Does anyone know how to check how happy a pokemon is? I'm trying to evolve a swadloon into a leavanny at lvl 21. I know leaving a pokemon in party helps increase happiness, are there any other faster ways or anyway of checking?

Delio

D-Pad said:
In my experience with Panpour: yes until you evolve him. Actually, in my totally and complete unbiased opinion, I think Panpour is the best of the three because Scald is awesome.

Funny based on competitive tiers Panpour is better than the other two lol.

Achtius

razgriz417 said:
Does anyone know how to check how happy a pokemon is? I'm trying to evolve a swadloon into a leavanny at lvl 21. I know leaving a pokemon in party helps increase happiness, are there any other faster ways or anyway of checking?

give it soothe bell.

Zzoram said:
Isn't ditto awful? I think even though it clones the Pokemon it faces, it keeps it's own stats.

With the introduction of the Dream World in Gen V you couldn't be more wrong. It will end up being the best revenge killer in the game

t9tik8.gif

That is one mesmerizing avatar!

Roto13

TheExodu5 said:
Where's the best place to read on all these crazy mechanics? Or should I not worry about them at all?
Ignore EVs and IVs. They're for people who give way too much of a shit. And autistic children.

All you need to know about shinies is that they're rare. If you see one, you should try to catch it. The only difference between a shiny Pokemon and a regular Pokemon is the appearance.

Phionoxx

does anyone happen to have a deino egg, or a low leveled deino?

Don't have much to offer, just started the game. Only have 1 badge. But I would really like to have him on the team from this early point if possible.

FC is 2365 5030 0616

Thanks

Roto13 said:
Ignore EVs and IVs. They're for people who give way too much of a shit. And autistic children.

All you need to know about shinies is that they're rare. If you see one, you should try to catch it. The only difference between a shiny Pokemon and a regular Pokemon is the appearance.

IV's yes, EV's no.

Suairyu

Banned
Well, it took me a long time - five levels after it learnt its best move, in fact - but I finally allowed my Blitzle to grow up.

zABDU.gif

Goodbye, incredible cuteness.

eiC3C.gif

Hello, undeniable baddassery.

:' )

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:
Oshawott is such a shitty name...

edit: why is the walk speed so slow? ;_;

You can run with running shoes, or bike and move even faster.

Walk speed lets you move with greater accuracy. Running, sometimes it's easy to keep missing a door or cave entrance/exit because you're moving too fast.

TheExodu5

Banned
Suairyu said:
Well, it took me a long time - five levels after it learnt its best move, in fact - but I finally allowed my Blitzle to grow up.

zABDU.gif

Goodbye, incredible cuteness.

eiC3C.gif

Hello, undeniable baddassery.

:' )

Where are you guys getting all these images?

Roto13

Soooo, I have two Kerrablasts. One of you has two Shelmets. We are going to do some fancy trading so we each end up with an Escavalier and an Accelgor. The question is, which one of you is going to do it?

razgriz417 said:
I really disliked the name they gave Oshawott until I stumbled upon those drawings. Was so tempted to name mine Revolver, however, its a girl...
I wanted to name my Shalashaska but it was one letter too long.

Emitan

I wish Moxie didn't activate during random battles or when a trainer is out of Pokemon. What's the point of an attack boost if the battle is over?

TheExodu5

Banned
I accidentally hit the power on my DS while forgetting to save...lol.

Oshawott's a male this time...I forgot about the whole breeding thing. Maybe I would have been better with a female.

TheExodu5 said:

Oshawott's a male this time...I forgot about the whole breeding thing. Maybe I would have been better with a female.

Wow female on your first go? It took me 12 resets to get one...

Salsa

TheExodu5 said:

I did this a couple of times since i got an XL :(

Dont know why i pushed the power button thinking it was the start. Brain fart, even considering it's in the left side of the screen.

TheExodu5

Banned
SalsaShark said:
I did this a couple of times since i got an XL :(

Dont know why i pushed the power button thinking it was the start. Brain fart, even considering it's in the left side of the screen.

I turned around to grab it off my bed and squeezed the power button while doing so. XL as well. =\

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:

Female is definitely the way to go.

Firestorm

TheExodu5 said:

1/8 chance of female for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom