• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Harpuia said:
Can you scale levels on a wifi battle like in HG/SS?

I think it only scales to 50 if you are over level 50. The instruction manual says that with infrared battles, all pokemon are set to 50 though...so i'm not sure if there is an option in wi-fi or not. Havent had any online battles yet.

Does anyone else share my love for Sandile?

sandile-detail.png

I've got a Sandile named "Crikey" (got it off my bro Shaowebb) and I love him dearly. I love him more than my starter Tepig (which I also love, don't get me wrong).

I'm just now at the desert. I captured another Sandile to breed with. I have no clue what I'll cross her with.

Emitan

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

sandile-detail.png

I've got a Sandile named "Crikey" (got it off my bro Shaowebb) and I love him dearly. I love him more than my starter Tepig (which I also love, don't get me wrong).

I'm just now at the desert. I captured another Sandile to breed with. I have no clue what I'll cross her with.
Mine just got Crunch and he's now awesome.

Teknoman

Sandile is cool, but im gonna have to wait to train it. I hope I have enough room for the ones I wanted to train/already trained from D/P/Plat generation and from my Soul Silver.

Seriously, Sandile's design is right up there with Pikachu for me.

So far, I think the new pokemon designs are a tad weak overall (keep in mind I just got beat the third gym) but there are definite great ones like Blitzle and Sandile.

TheExodu5

Banned
Billychu said:
Why isn't he Electric/Dark? He learns nothing but electric and dark moves.

I just like the Pokemon. I know nothing of his moves.

edit: oh, I read that as "Why, isn't he Electric/Dark?". woops.

I've only been playing since Platinum. Is there a Fire/Grass pokemon out there? This would combine two of my favorite types.

And yes, this desired type combination IS inspired in part by Super Mario Brothers.

Anyone care to trade me either the fire or grass starter? It seems like the only deals GTS finds me involve trading away legendaries...

Please PM me for friend code.

Even a ditto would do. I could bread my water starter and list it for the other ones.

Emitan

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I've only been playing since Platinum. Is there a Fire/Grass pokemon out there? This would combine two of my favorite types.

And yes, this desired type combination IS inspired in part by Super Mario Brothers.
I don't think there is one. I'm not as familiar with 4th gen as the rest, so you would know better than me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think the company itself really likes Scraggy too...when Ash caught it in the show a few weeks ago, they released tons of merchandise and even distributed it over Japanese WiFi despite it being a relatively easy Pokemon to get.

But I'm not complaining as it's one Pokemon I'd like to see more of. :D

Yeah, and there's no Fire/Grass...I always thought an olive mixed with an Olympic torch (because olive oil is flammable and everything) would be pretty cool.

D-Pad

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

sandile-detail.png

Mine's named Klaptrap, but I keep calling him Moxie by mistake.

zumphry

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:

Love mine, but switched it out to train my Roggenrola (though I dunno why since I doubt I'll ever trade to get her third form :/)

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:
Are Team Plasma supposed to be bad or something? Their intentions seem good...

This is the only "Team" in the Pokemon games that isn't blatantly bad. In the previous games they just tried to steal Pokemon from others and were structured like organized crime.

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:
Haha. I like this game.

Sorry if I missed it, but is this your first Pokemon game?

TheExodu5 said:
Can you? Are there actually 'moral' choices in the game?

No. Maybe in a few games they'll experiment with factions. Remember, this game has to be accessible to 6 year old kids. They can't make serious moral decision making part of the game.

survivor

Banned
Finally beat the 4th gym. Didn't realize there was a Rock Tomb TM in the sand place. It made my Drilbur sweep the gym leader's team so fast.

TheExodu5

Banned
Zzoram said:
Sorry if I missed it, but is this your first Pokemon game?

I played Blue on an emulator when I was a youngen' (and watched the TV show of course). I played a little bit of Pearl and SoulSilver, but never got passed the 1st gym...don't know why. I'm a little more into it this time. Maybe it's the lack of decent JRPGs in the past few years.

D-Pad

TheExodu5 said:
Can you? Are there actually 'moral' choices in the game?

P.S. what's your avatar from? Seems familiar...

Soma Cruz from Castlevania. Don't worry, I want to join Plasma too.

Zzoram

TheExodu5 said:
I played Blue on an emulator when I was a youngen' (and watched the TV show of course). I played a little bit of Pearl and SoulSilver, but never got passed the 1st gym...don't know why. I'm a little more into it this time. Maybe it's the lack of decent JRPGs in the past few years.

I'm pretty sure all of the main Pokemon games are better than Final Fantasy XIII. At least in my opinion.

Catching Pokemon is an excellent loot system, it scratches the same itch, and there is a rather robust PvP element for people into that.

D-Pad

TheExodu5 said:
Ahh yeah...guess I had flashbacks to my Dawn of Sorrow cover. Another DS game I never finished.

If I knew it weren't possible I'd tell you to drop whatever you're playing and finish DoS. I beat it three times and started doing speedruns before I went back to Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime.

Great now I'm itching to play it again, but my Pokemon need me. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Zzoram said:
If it lets you keep playing, no. You just lose money instead of winning money.
Not on the first rival battle. Nothing happens except for the fact that you don't gain EXP.

And yeah, if you get a female, it's always preferable to the male, 100% of the time.

By the way, huge Team Plasma spoilers:

They are most definitely bad. They're "boo hoo don't capture Pokemon" bullshit is a ploy to get everyone else to release their Pokemon so they have no way to fight back as Plasma smashes them into a fine pulp with the Legendary Dragons.

TheExodu5

Banned
So should I be trying to catch male/female of every pokemon? Or does it not matter in most cases? I don't know how often I'll be breeding...

Or would it just be preferable to catch female 'most' of the time? I only want a male if I need to copy its moves, right?

MGrant

TheExodu5 said:
So should I be trying to catch male/female of every pokemon? Or does it not matter in most cases? I don't know how often I'll be breeding...

You can breed anything barring most Legendaries with a Ditto and then go from there, so it's not critically important to have both genders.

Izayoi

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
If you run into the female and you know you already only have a male I'd say go for it.

It's not a huge deal, but it might save you some trouble later on if you do decide to breed.

Finally started it tonight. Went in mostly blind (of course it's Pokemon, so how much is there to know). Surprised that someone's parent actually cares they're going on a dangerous quest with super powered animals.

Anyway, I chose Oshawott. Always choose water for some reason. Hope I made the right choice.

Salsa

vhfive said:
scraggy is definitely my new favorite.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ni5kj4.gif[ /IMG][/QUOTE]

Yup. Best pokemon this gen.

Already, managed to not-play all day and put some hours into work, now im free to go to bed and play for hours before sleeping, hooray!

Izayoi

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
Finally started it tonight. Went in mostly blind (of course it's Pokemon, so how much is there to know). Surprised that someone's parent actually cares they're going on a dangerous quest with super powered animals.

Anyway, I chose Oshawott. Always choose water for some reason. Hope I made the right choice.
You most definitely made the right choice, no worries there.

Red

cosmicblizzard said:

The parental concern leads to something surprisingly poignant later on. I'm pleasantly surprised with the way B/W handles moral issues. D/P had a few heartfelt moments, particularly involving the legendaries at the lake partway through, but B/W connects on more than a surface good vs. evil level. It's pretty mature for a Pokemon game, and I really appreciate that.

cosmicblizzard said:
Surprised that someone's parent actually cares they're going on a dangerous quest with super powered animals.

it's also kinda hypocritical since he probably went on an adventure as a child.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm imagining a kid going on an adventure and getting brutally mauled by a Pokemon or freezing to death outside on the first night of his adventure.

Izayoi

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
I'm imagining a kid going on an adventure and getting brutally mauled by a Pokemon or freezing to death outside on the first night of his adventure.
Why do you think the population of the Pokemon world is so small?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom