• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

HenryGale said:
So I cant use my actual pokemon even locally. So lame. I hate he auto 50 levels, it should be an option.

Did you try the infrared battle? The manual says all pokemon will be set to 50 during one of those. Dunno if that means the same as online (capped at 50).

If not, just set a level range with the person you are fighting.

Shiggie

vhfive said:
scraggy is definitely my new favorite.

2ni5kj4.gif
Mine just evolved. :D

D-Pad

Regulus Tera said:
I've never actually traded. I don't even know where to find my number. :( Help here?

Go to the Pokemon center and talk to the receptionist at the top to get the Pal Pad, which you can then access from your Key Items. You'll receive your friend code after you connect to the Nintendo WFC for the first time.

btkadams

charlie_l said:
Buying this game tomorrow!

It will be my first Pokemon game since Gold/Silver. So about 10 years? I didn't know anything about Black/White until I clicked this thread, but the great OP, plus the general reception from members in this thread has convinced me to buy it! Since I haven't played a Pokemon game in 10 years anyway it should feel like a pretty fresh experience.

Leaning towards getting Black at the moment.
did you really like gold/silver? this game will probably blow your mind with nostalgia and goodness.

TheExodu5

Banned
11167_v.png

Oh god Zubats!

Are there any specific Pokemon I should stop from evolving for them to learn moves they wouldn't after evolving? If so, is the list big? It might get a little annoying having to look up the Serebii page for any Pokemon I catch.

edit: holy shit your Zubats are randomly generated (or do you just have a ton of rotating avatar?)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
D-Pad said:
Go to the Pokemon center and talk to the receptionist at the top to get the Pal Pad, which you can then access from your Key Items. You'll receive your friend code after you connect to the Nintendo WFC for the first time.

Regulus's Friend Code (This is important people):

1549 4564 3574

One Nonoriri coming your way! I have White btw.

I caught my first shiny ever tonight. It's a shiny Tympole. I don't know if I should evolve it or keep it as a Tympole. It's final evolution looks kind of cool.

TheExodu5 said:
Are there any specific Pokemon I should stop from evolving for them to learn moves they wouldn't after evolving? If so, is the list big? It might get a little annoying having to look up the Serebii page for any Pokemon I catch.

if i evolves by stone you should probably check otherwise they usually still learn the move but just later on in level.

D-Pad

Regulus Tera said:
Regulus's Friend Code (This is important people):

1549 4564 3574

One Nonoriri coming your way! I have White btw.

Be sure to add it here as well (bottom of OT). Anything in particular you're looking for?

Adding now :)

Emitan

TheExodu5 said:
I've been looking up every Pokemon I find and so far it seems that you should just evolve when it lets you the first time. None of my Pokemon skip moves.

Just got 4th badge with 12 hours clocked. Team:
534.gif

561.gif

554.gif

552.gif

502.gif

507.gif

Billychu said:
I've been looking up every Pokemon I find and so far it seems that you should just evolve when it lets you the first time. None of my Pokemon skip moves.

If you like Lillipup's Pickup Ability, you shouldn't let it evolve. I think the Pan monkeys don't learn anything else after they evolve either. I'm only on the 3rd gym but that's all I figured out so far

D-Pad

Thanks Regulus! :D

While I'm near my router, would someone like to help me evolve Shelmet? You'll get a nice Escavalier in return...

btkadams

i just beat gym leader 6. i absolutely owned her. i think they messed up the levels for that gym because all of my pokemon were at least the level of her highest level pokemon, and her pokemon type was vulnerable to more types than some previous gyms. maybe in pokemon grey (if it exists) they will raise her levels like how they raised some gym leaders levels for platinum. i'm not grinding either. i'm just battling all the trainers i see. i hope this isn't a sign of the rest of the game being easy too.

D-Pad

TheExodu5 said:
http://signavatar.com/11167_v.png[img]

Oh god Zubats!

edit: holy shit your Zubats are randomly generated (or do you just have a ton of rotating avatar?)[/QUOTE]

Missed this, but what Zubats? I told you before that was Soma.

yeb

Would anyone be willing to help me evolve my Gurdurr and Boldore? I've tried a couple times before, but had connection problems with people.

1463 5574 1979

Emitan

Besides looking like a total baller, what's so great about Scraggy? I've already got a Fighting type on my team, as well as a Ground/Dark so both of his types are filled.

btkadams said:
i just beat gym leader 6. i absolutely owned her. i think they messed up the levels for that gym because all of my pokemon were at least the level of her highest level pokemon, and her pokemon type was vulnerable to more types than some previous gyms. maybe in pokemon grey (if it exists) they will raise her levels like how they raised some gym leaders levels for platinum. i'm not grinding either. i'm just battling all the trainers i see. i hope this isn't a sign of the rest of the game being easy too.

yea she was way easy i actually limited my team to 3 for the gym so that it would be a somewhat fair/challenging fight.

Kintaco

Do you guys name the Pokemons you catch? I haven't really named any other than my Tepig, as the names are hard enough to remember as it is.

D-Pad

razgriz417 said:
Oops, my bad thought you had both and needed someone to evolve em both for ya. lol I haven't even seen either yet

Sorry, my bad. I should have been more clear. Give me a second and I'll go catch a karrablast for you so we can do this thing.

TheExodu5 said:
Soma is being attacked by Zubats!
Those aren't Zubats those are the bats from Castlevania. See you've been playing too much Pokemon and now everything's looking like a Pokemon to you.

Teknoman

Kintaco said:
Do you guys name the Pokemons you catch? I haven't really named any other than my Tepig, as the names are hard enough to remember as it is.

I usually dont, but for some reason, i've been nicknaming more than usual. Not because the names suck either...just cant explain it.

Kintaco said:

i've named everything so far unless they were for trading or if i couldnt think of a good name

Emitan

Kintaco said:
I haven't nicknamed any of them. I have enough issues remembering names as is.

Ryn

Kintaco said:

I normally don't rename my Pokemon, but for this I've named 3 that I keep in my party (nothing super creative):

Snivy [Superior] -> Smugface
Darumaka [Darmanitan] -> Firebirdy
Victini -> Lil Bitch
for being a little bitch to catch! It was late at night and I was frumpy that it was taking ages to catch...a pixel worth of health AND asleep, and it STILL escaped my plethora of pokeballs! Holy shit.

..I totally just had to look up what all of their real names actually were because I couldn't remember.

Emitan

D-Pad said:
Wouldn't that be more of a reason to give them nicknames?
If I nickname them, I won't know their names until Gen VI. My memory is horrible. In case you haven't noticed in the thread, whenever someone asks a question I always give a vague answer because I don't remember the names of any of the towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom