• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an open minded gamer and I don't mind playing a female character every now and then. I thought I might do it for Pokemon so I could use my wife's name and show it off to her as a present, but then I looked at the sprite.

I'm sorry but if she's missing 90% of her pants, then where is she going to put the items? I chose the guy so I could have more inventory space.

Gravijah

Anslon said:
I am an open minded gamer and I don't mind playing a female character every now and then. I thought I might do it for Pokemon so I could use my wife's name and show it off to her as a present, but then I looked at the sprite.

I'm sorry but if she's missing 90% of her pants, then where is she going to put the items? I chose the guy so I could have more inventory space.

Women have more natural inventory space. Haven't you ever played Resident Evil?!

Anslon said:

She has a bag lol. The guy does too.
I remember in ruby I picked May because I thought I would get more money when I won battles lol. I was stupid then.

Suairyu

Banned
Anslon said:
Looking back at the main character designs, it is unfortunate the GameFreak has not been immune to videogame/anime female character design syndrome. Massive pet peeve of mine and I am luckily able to overlook it by being the male trainer and enjoying Bianca's very nice design.

Suairyu

Banned
Just about to head waaaay back to Route 3 now and begin my team reset. I'm actually really excited as I never had the chance to do something like this in Red. Breeding is going to refreshen the experience halfway through which is something quite spectacular indeed.

Before I lock down this team, I just want to confirm one thing:
Surf is a HM I should have no qualms about taking up a move slot, right? 95 Power and hits Pokémon in dive.

mudkyp

Inferno313 said:
Hmm, I don't have an Archen and that would be nice. But whatever you can get. I have the Celebi though. If you want, I can give you the Snivy and take a raincheck on the Archen.

Do you want it as an Egg or hatched? I can hatch it real quick if you'd prefer the EXP bonus.

Okay just got the Archen egg (had to ride all the way back from Cold Storage to the breeding place) and I'm ready to trade.

FC is 0819 3102 7707

mudkyp said:
Okay just got the Archen egg (had to ride all the way back from Cold Storage to the breeding place) and I'm ready to trade.

FC is 0819 3102 7707

Can you hold on for like 15-20 minutes? Sorry. I'll PM you when I'm back.

BTW I have like 7 Oshawott's and 3 of them know sword dance and ice beam, I have about 6 tepig's, and only 2 snivy's. If anyone wants any of them just PM me.

Gravijah

Damn, I picked yet another slow Pokemon to add to my team. ;(

Does it bother anyone else that the new Pokedex entry doesn't pop up when you evolve something?

Suairyu

Banned
O SON OF A BITCH WHAT

It's been 15 years on from Red and the fly animation is still a generic bird and not the Pokémon in question?

This is actually making me slightly more disappointed than it should, but for some reason I was really excited about having seen this changed.

Gravijah said:
Damn, I picked yet another slow Pokemon to add to my team. ;(
Penance for giving up on Purrloin/Liepard. But...
Does it bother anyone else that the new Pokedex entry doesn't pop up when you evolve something?
... this. So much this.

Suairyu said:
O SON OF A BITCH WHAT

It's been 15 years on from Red and the fly animation is still a generic bird and not the Pokémon in question?

theres like 649 pokemon now of which im guessing about 100+ can fly so it'd be tough to make a fly animation for all of them and seriously some would look stupid as hell.

I love the new Gates. Before, they were sort of just like the transition/loading tunnels in Metroid Prime, but now they're these completely unique things that you might actually want to spend some time in. Skyarrow Bridge was a wonderful way to show just how flexible the camera can be, and Castelia City was downright ridiculous in how good-looking it was. I'm surprised they managed to fit all of this on a single DS cart. I also got the Petilil for the sake of being able to put crap to sleep, and spent about an hour and a half killing Victinis to get my whole team to level 25. Currently, it's this:
Servine (Smugleaf)
Simipour (Simisoak)
Petilil (Lillil--it's that traded one)
Throh (Bert)

Arty's easily the most faaaaabuulooooouuuusssss~ gym leader there ever was. His outfit was one thing, but his dialogue really drives the point home. That, and all the bug puns. Granted, I took him out in like three moves or so, but it was still an entertaining fight. Oh, and I have to say, I love the foreshadowing involving
Iris's Yache Berry--you really aren't going to be dealing with that many Ice types, so why would she even have that...?

Going to head to Route 4's main route fairly soon (I took that side path to see if I could get a Zen Darmanitan before fighting Arty). Darumaka has the most adorable cry ever. I may get a Sigilyph, provided it can learn Fly.

joelseph

joelseph said:
I got some time for lunch today so I took my DS out with C-Gear turned on and got 3 tags. My question is what do I need to do with these tags? I sent them messages and thanked them but couldn't figure out anything productive to do? Am I missing something?

Anyone with Tag experience?

Achtius

Nayishiki said:
Ok my FC is 2322 5415 4411. Do you want a male or female one?

I guess we can trade first, Inferno doesn't appear to be ready yet. No preference for male/female, i only have male oshawott, is that okay with you?

Suairyu

Banned
Can someone trade me any male Pokemon from the flying egg group, please? Want to boost that breeding rate right up.

Bonus (but not essential) points if it knows Roost or Ancient Power.

DoomXploder7 said:
theres like 649 pokemon now of which im guessing about 100+ can fly so it'd be tough to make a fly animation for all of them and serious some would look stupid as hell.
Exactly this. Many pokemon that learn fly are much smaller than the trainer, or just completely outlandish when thought of as a method of transportation. For example, delibird learns fly. Even worse, Doduo learns fly, it has no wings.

Nayishiki

Achtius said:
I guess we can trade first, Inferno doesn't appear to be ready yet. No preference for male/female, i only have male oshawott, is that okay with you?

Yeah it's okay. I'll take any pokemon for it.

Suairyu

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
theres like 649 pokemon now of which im guessing about 100+ can fly so it'd be tough to make a fly animation for all of them and seriously some would look stupid as hell.
But the Red method was just to have the regular overworld sprite appear and fly away. Wouldn't that have worked here?

edit - obligatory, I guess.

kIyk7.jpg

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks for the responses regarding my question of playing this vs. Soul Silver. I guess I'll just put down my copy of SS, and pick up Black tonight. (Black since I'd rather fight cool enemies than capture...I think that's the vital diff right?).

Also, why was Silver/Gold always considered the 'best' version? What made those special and unique compared to say Diamond/Pearl, or other generations? Pokemon favoritism? Better designed boss fights?

Achtius

Nayishiki said:
Yeah it's okay. I'll take any pokemon for it.

All I need to do is add you on pal pad, go talk to the middle one in pokemon center, talk to computer and select trade right?

Gravijah

Brandon F said:
Thanks for the responses regarding my question of playing this vs. Soul Silver. I guess I'll just put down my copy of SS, and pick up Black tonight. (Black since I'd rather fight cool enemies than capture...I think that's the vital diff right?).

Also, why was Silver/Gold always considered the 'best' version? What made those special and unique compared to say Diamond/Pearl, or other generations? Pokemon favoritism? Better designed boss fights?

Honestly, HGSS and Platinum are just about equal. A tipping point for a lot of people is the nostalgia related to HGSS.

JazzmanZ

I've been playing this game for a while now and just beated the 8th gym.

I'm told by somebody about a storm on Route 7 and go there, the first wild pokemon I meet in the grass ended up being a shiny Zebstrika, my first shiny ever (Red gyarados doesn't count!) :D

Also my team so far is

Serperior
Conkledurr
Musharna
Archeops
Lampent
& Semistoad

Suairyu

Banned
Brandon F said:
I imagine finishing Johto, beating the Elite Four then realising you are heading back to Kanto was a magical moment for many. Then going on to defeat the character you played as in Red and Blue, now the champion? Sounds like everything a sequel needs to be.

It probably also added the most mechanics in any one go.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Suairyu said:
I imagine finishing Johto, beating the Elite Four then realising you are heading back to Kanto was a magical moment for many. Then going on to defeat the character you played as in Red and Blue, now the champion? Sounds like everything a sequel needs to be.

Oh, actually that does sound like really great fanservice. never knew about that stuff, especially Kanto and the endboss. I imagine at the time of release, G/S must have blown fans away.

Suairyu said:

this ,the after e4 for silver/gold was amazing along with the day/night system leaves a good taste in many people's mouths and nowadays combine that with nostagia and yeah...

Gravijah

MatthewB92 said:
Did they take out pokerus being cured? All my pokemon still have it even thought they weren't in the boxes before 12.

PKRS is never cured, it just stops being spread. Dunno if that's changed.

Brandon F said:
Oh, actually that does sound like really great fanservice. never knew about that stuff, especially Kanto and the endboss. I imagine at the time of release, G/S must have blown fans away.

Most definitely.

Achtius

Nayishiki said:
Yeah that's all you need to do.

*Totally confuse how this works*

I just saw you in game, talk to you (but it say 'talking') so I canceled, talk to computer and select trade, then you left.

Fake Edit: and now you're back, and now you're gone.

Should I talk to you or the computer?

Edit2: I got communication error after it say you want to join me and failed to response o_O

Suairyu

Banned
"You need at least two Pokémon in your inventory to access the GTS"

But... why? I trade from my PC boxes! Let me in, just don't let me trade away my single party member.

Suairyu

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
I hate this too.
Pokémon is very Japanese and that's a big part of its charm but I swear it would help a lot if they hired one seasoned Western developer just to come in and fix all the menus and interfaces.

Nayishiki

Achtius said:
*Totally confuse how this works*

I just saw you in game, talk to you (but it say 'talking') so I canceled, talk to computer and select trade, then you left.

Fake Edit: and now you're back, and now you're gone.

Should I talk to you or the computer?

Edit2: I got communication error after it say you want to join me o_O

I also get a error. I'll try to log off an go back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom