• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
So when breeding for natures, do I want natures that plug gaps in the stats or accentuate the strengths that are already there?

Wichu

You want to boost the strong points. No point making a frail Pokémon slightly more defensive; it's not going to survive strong hits anyway - it's better to focus on its offenses so it can do more damage. Vice-versa for defensive Pokémon.

Suairyu said:
So when breeding for natures, do I want natures that plug gaps in the stats or accentuate the strengths that are already there?
For competitive play? It really depends on what you want the pokemon to do. Is it an attacker? Boost the attack stat it's going to be focusing on, or boost it's speed so it can attack first more often. I think the main area I'd personally use natures to fill gaps is either speed, or your defenses. If I'm making a wall, consider any defense boosting moves it may have and boost the stat that doesn't get raised through EVs/Natures. Also consider the typing and what type of attack your most likely to see from it's unresisted or super effective attacks.

Suairyu said:
So say a Pokémon had weak speed and strong attack, I'd choose a nature that weakened speed further and increased strength?

nah it depends what kind of attack(unless its gonna be a mixed attacker) you should never really inhibit speed unless the pokemon is gonna use attacks that power doubles if it goes second. something that accentuates speed or the attack/defense its good in and inhibits the attack/defense its bad in is usually best.

shahkur

I apologize if this has already been answered, but when do I get to use the Liberty pass to catch Vinciti? So far I have 5 badges.

Roto13

shahkur said:
I apologize if this has already been answered, but when do I get to use the Liberty pass to catch Vinciti? So far I have 5 badges.
You get it from the Mystery Gift option on the main menu.

shahkur said:
When do I get to use the Liberty pass to catch Vinciti? So far I have 5 badges.
Did you do the mystery gift thing yet? If not do that then go to the pokemon center and talk to the guy next to the door.

larvi

shahkur said:

There's a booklet that came with the game instructions that explains it in detail.

Suairyu

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
No. If a pokemon has good Attack always go for +Attack -SpAttack. So Adamant.
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
All the Plus and minuses there.
And in cases where a Pokémon has both good attack and sp. attack? Emboar, for example, has high sp. attack, very high attack and has a move pool split between the two. What logic leads to strong attack always equals lesson the special attack?

Suairyu said:
And in cases where a Pokémon has both good attack and sp. attack? Emboar, for example, has high sp. attack, very high attack and has a move pool split between the two. What logic leads to strong attack always equals lesson the special attack?

you decide whether to utilize one of his attacks(physical sweeper/special sweeper) or both (mixed attacker) ,if you decide to utilize both you then look at one of his defenses and inhibit the weakest and most likely use a nature that accentuates speed.

joelseph

I got some time for lunch today so I took my DS out with C-Gear turned on and got 3 tags. My question is what do I need to do with these tags? I sent them messages and thanked them but couldn't figure out anything productive to do? Am I missing something?

Suairyu

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
you decide whether to utilize one of his attacks(physical sweeper/special sweeper) or both (mixed attacker) ,if you decide to utilize both you then look at one of his defenses and inhibit the weakest and most likely use a nature that accentuates speed.
Wait, what happened to not accentuating a poor stat? His speed is middling.

Gravijah

DragonKnight said:
Is anyone far enough in the game to trade me a scraggy, meinfoo, and a karrablast? I like to start out with all my favorites

I can trade you Scraggy and Karrablast.

Edit: I literally just encountered a Mienfoo, too.

The thing is, some of these Pokemon are high level.

Suairyu said:
Speed is everything. Only a handful of pokemon need next to no speed. Yes he can be a mix but he should be an attacker with as much speed he can get because he can easily be taking out.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
Is the Elite Four a one time thing or can I beat them multiple time with different teams?

Multiple times, but the second time and after they will be higher level.

If it's like the last few games, that is.

Kurtofan said:
Sigh I'm at the point where I need to grind for the Elite Four...
I'm thinking Level 50 for my party might be good enough?
My average level was 42, with my highest at 44, when I beat the E4 the first time. No worries...as long as you know what you're doing, and carry lots of Revives/Hyper Potions.

I'm going to be making some Snivvy Eggs (Not worrying about Natures though) if anyone wants them for Pokedex completion, I'll glady trade them. The other starters would be nice.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I guess I'll stick to the team I have now since I can't be bothered to grind another 'mon up to level 50 just to be in my first Hall of Fame. Thanks.

Suairyu said:

speed is a very important stat it should almost never be inhibited, if you want a mixed emboar I presume it wouldn't be wise to use a nature that accentuated either of its attack therefore the only natures left to give it is one that accentuates speed and limits one of its defense stats. really it all depends on how you want to use a pokemon you should figure that put before you think about natures.

Achtius

Kurtofan said:
Sigh I'm at the point where I need to grind for the Elite Four...
I'm thinking Level 50 for my party might be good enough?
My team AFTER elite 4: lvl 46 dewott, lvl 41 zestrika, lvl 46 victini, lvl 44 druddigon, lvl 43 conkeldurr, lvl 46 rufflet

So my highest was probably 42-44 when I started?

Gravijah said:
I can trade you Scraggy and Karrablast.

Edit: I literally just encountered a Mienfoo, too.

The thing is, some of these Pokemon are high level.

I take it that no one has a ditto yet to start breeding?

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, so here is my new (theoretical) team and what I think should be their best natures to breed for. I'm missing a sixth, obviously, so advice on what that should be would be appreciated.

Serperior (Grass) Lonely nature (+Attack, -Defense) (way too many of his attacks are physical, the attack stat needs a boost)
Samurott (Water) Naive nature (+Speed, -Sp Defense)
Emboar (Fire, Fighting) Hasty (+Speed, -Defense)
Zebstrika (Electric) Mild nature (+Sp Attack, -Defense)
Sigilyph (Psychic, Flying) Modest nature (+Sp Attack, -Attack)

But I am at (not beaten) the sixth gym right now. Would it be a good idea simply to keep that sixth slot open for whatever is needed for each upcoming gym? I was thinking of later filling the spot with Hydreigon (Dragon) due to his insane 600 base stat, but I don't get him until Victory Road.

And obtaining natures, I know you can likely pass a mother's nature with an everstone, but what if the mother doesn't have the desired nature? Just squirt out eggs until one of them matches? Is there any other way to influence it?

mudkyp said:
I'm trading a lvl 10 Zoura for a Snivy if anyone is interested. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I already have a Zorua, but I'll trade you a Snivvy. What else would you be interested in trading, if anything.

Suairyu said:
Okay, so here is my new (theoretical) team and what I think should be their best natures to breed for. I'm missing a sixth, obviously, so advice on what that should be would be appreciated.

I'd suggest getting a axew from mistralton cave once you get surf if you're looking for a dragon for the
8th gym

and the everstone thing is the only way i know of of aiding towards getting a specific nature otherwise you have to just hope for the best.

Suairyu

Banned
mudkyp said:
I'm trading a lvl 10 Zoura for a Snivy if anyone is interested. Any help is greatly appreciated.
As I have no Celebi, I'd love a Zorua. I have multiple lvl 1 Snivies. Is there something in particular (nature) you are looking for?

edit - Just checked, I have a Serious, a Gentle and a Quiet. They're all male, but if you give me a bit of time I could get a female for you.
DoomXploder7 said:
I'd suggest getting a axew from mistralton cave once you get surf if you're looking for a dragon for the
8th gym

and the everstone thing is the only way i know of of aiding towards getting a specific nature otherwise you have to just hope for the best.
Thanks a lot! You've been very patient and helpful. PokéGAF is an awesome community.

mudkyp

Inferno313 said:
I already have a Zorua, but I'll trade you a Snivvy. What else would you be interested in trading, if anything.

I could try and breed an Archen but that might take a while, but I also have an extra event Celebi I could part with.

mudkyp said:
I could try and breed an Archen but that might take a while, but I also have an extra event Celebi I could part with.

Hmm, I don't have an Archen and that would be nice. But whatever you can get. I have the Celebi though. If you want, I can give you the Snivy and take a raincheck on the Archen.

Do you want it as an Egg or hatched? I can hatch it real quick if you'd prefer the EXP bonus.

Merovin

Is anyone still having Wi-Fi problems?
Me and a mate are trying to battle now, he can see me in the Wi-Fi room, but I can't see him. It's getting really annoying.

mudkyp

Inferno313 said:
Hmm, I don't have an Archen and that would be nice. But whatever you can get. I have the Celebi though. If you want, I can give you the Snivy and take a raincheck on the Archen.

Do you want it as an Egg or hatched? I can hatch it real quick if you'd prefer the EXP bonus.

Give me say 10 minutes and I should have an Archen egg. I don't care about or hatched on the Snivy. Just want one really :p

Anyone know when I'll run into those awesome Rufflets? I just beat the 3rd gym and want to prep an awesome flying type for when I pick up Fly

Gravijah

Merovin said:
Is anyone still having Wi-Fi problems?
Me and a mate are trying to battle now, he can see me in the Wi-Fi room, but I can't see him. It's getting really annoying.

Yeah, WiFi issues are common at the moment. Hope something is done about that.

Dascu

razgriz417 said:
Anyone know when I'll run into those awesome Rufflets? I just beat the 3rd gym and want to prep an awesome flying type for when I pick up Fly
When you reach the 8th gym. So, pretty damn late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom