• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Aaaah. I just found a shiny Tranquill.

This is the first shiny I found regularly (not using the Pokeradar in a previous generation) after playing through ALL the pokemon games so far.

It even has a good nature to raise his Special Attack with no negatives :-o
d'oh

Zzoram

larvi said:
But then you could still release the only pokemon that could learn fly or surf and be in a position where you couldn't catch a new pokemon to learn it.

You can't release away from the PC can you? Even if you can, why couldn't you just release a Pokemon with the HM move and be equally screwed?

Ravidrath

I've bred a bunch of shinies using the "Masuda Method," but I've found the following in the wild:

- Trapinch in Japanese R/S
- Exeggcute in U.S. Fire Red Safari Zone
- Cleffa in U.S. Platinum
- Golbat in U.S. HeartGold​

I guess I'm basically getting an average of one per generation, not including bred ones.

Very happy with all but the Exeggcute, which I'd trade for another if someone likes that guy.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dropping off my Boldore and Emboar for a bit, leaving an open space and picking up my Pidove for flight purposes, and I'm heading out to the West to snag myself a Larvesta. :D

Watch Da Birdie said:
Dropping off my Boldore and Emboar for a bit, leaving an open space and picking up my Pidove for flight purposes, and I'm heading out to the West to snag myself a Larvesta. :D
Make room for a Litwick with flame body. Cuts the egg steps in half.

Ravidrath

Watch Da Birdie said:

How do you get Larvesta?

I never did it in my Japanese copy, and now want it for breeding fodder.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't think I'm going to hatch it right away...I just wanted to explore a bit before heading to Gym 7.

Wish I had a strong Grass or Electric type to take with me, though. Just going to rely on the brute strength of my Gurdurr and Elgyem to take care of those Water Pokemon.

How do you get Larvesta?
You Surf from Route 1 and travel a bit to the west...on an island, a guy gives you the egg. Make sure you have room though, or you'll have to go all the way back.

larvi

Zzoram said:
You can't release away from the PC can you? Even if you can, why couldn't you just release a Pokemon with the HM move and be equally screwed?

Unless something has changed it won't let you release a pokemon that knows a HM move, which is to protect you from getting stuck in these types of situations. There are islands and other places that require HM's to get in and out of that do have PCs where you could release the pokemon if it no longer knew the HM that got it there in the first place.

Poyunch

I've always hated the designs of the "better" balls (especially the Great Ball) so I decided to use pokeballs more often in this game unless it's particularly annoying (fuck you Victini!!!) or if I plan on trading it later. Just now I caught
Cobalion
with only one Pokeball! :D

Is that normal?

Glix

I got a shiny golbat and numel in one of the GBA games.

I got a wild shiny spheal in Pearl and then pokewalker'd a couple of others.

Watch Da Birdie

My whole team just got wiped out by a pair of Herdier I encountered in a Double Battle patch on the way to get Larvesta. :0

I think I'm gonna level up a bit and try that area later, lol.

My team seems really weak this time around though...only Gurdurr and Boldore do that well, the rest keep dying. Maybe it's because Elgyem, Golett, and Cubchoo are technically late-game and do better when they evolve, but in my Black Version, on the other hand, I felt everyone bar Swoobat could hold their own.

PounchEnvy said:
I've always hated the designs of the "better" balls (especially the Great Ball) so I decided to use pokeballs more often in this game unless it's particularly annoying (fuck you Victini!!!) or if I plan on trading it later. Just now I caught
Cobalion
with only one Pokeball! :D

Is that normal?
It's just lucky, it took me about 50 Pokeballs.

Kintaco

Roto13 said:
Yeah, but it's pretty significant. 1.5x for traded Pokemon, and 1.7x for traded Pokemon from other versions of the game. (PAL, etc.)
Oh man sweet, I just traded a Pokemon to test it out and it was from someone in UK. :D Nice Can't wait to actually try it out.

MatthewB92 said:
Ruby I had 3 shiny's. 1 was a zigzagoon, 1 was a regirock(This one I almost pissed my pants.),and I breeded for a shiny feebas.
Its times like that which you save the master ball for...right?

This reminds me of the only Shiny I fought also in Gen 3. A Geodude during my speedrun as well...I tried not killing it...but critical hits are nasty pieces of work. I'm sure if I got it down a to a slither of health I'd have run out of Pokeballs or something...

Starwolf_UK said:
Its times like that which you save the master ball for...right?

This reminds me of the only Shiny I fought also in Gen 3. A Geodude during my speedrun as well...I tried not killing it...but critical hits are nasty pieces of work. I'm sure if I got it down a to a slither of health I'd have run out of Pokeballs or something...
Yes. I still had it and said fuck it and used it right away lol.

Forceatowulf said:
Nah, I didn't mean the normal way. The plan is to send a pokemon from my Diamond game to someone else GEN4 game and then they use the Poketransfer and then send it to my Black version.

Someone is already helping me out though so it's all good. :)

Have to use the shift thing. Transfer only works on the 4 event pokemon. Unless you want them.

Suairyu

Banned
Just filled an entire box with Sigilyphs. I'd really like one to be born with the correct nature sometime soon. The game might stop being fun if I get to three boxes. Might.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Throh is a beast.

YES. And I need to see how he looks in a tux.

Suairyu said:
Just filled an entire box with Sigilyphs. I'd really like one to be born with the correct nature sometime soon. The game might stop being fun if I get to three boxes. Might.

Are you trying to breed for natures without Everstones nor Ditto?

Suairyu said:
I had 7 boxes of feebas's looking for a shiny one.

Teknoman

Just realized how much more advanced the Pokemon universe is now. Hologram tennis nets and basketball hoops? Crazy looking basketballs though. I'm surprised they dont have Dragon Ball style hovercars yet.

Watch Da Birdie

Suairyu said:

That's what happened to me when I was breeding for an Adamant Druddigon. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
HMs are fairly optional in this title at least, and only to get to 'secret' areas outside of using Cut early on for story purposes. So thankfully, you don't really need to carry them with you at all times.

Ambipom was a great HM Slave for me last generation, because he also had Pickup ability. Hydreigon, although he takes a lot to level up, is a good HM Slave, learning Fly / Surf / Strength, and the now TM, Rock Smash.

Teknoman said:
Just how rare is an Emolga?

Pretty rare, considering. Most areas he appears it, I believe it's a 10% chance of appearing in a shaking grass spot.

Watch Da Birdie

Teknoman said:

Pretty rare, since they only pop up in shaking grass, but not that rare.

They're not the same rarity as, say, Tynamo or Cryogonal basically.

Roto13

Kintaco said:
Oh man sweet, I just traded a Pokemon to test it out and it was from someone in UK. :D Nice Can't wait to actually try it out.
Now you only have to be careful not to raise any of them too high or they won't listen to you any more. :p

Teknoman

Aw, and here i've been running back and forth looking for one. Not sure what a Tynamo is, but Cryogonal is one I wanted too (accidentally spoiled myself from the last topic)...so I might have to trade for those.

Suairyu

Banned
Teknoman said:
More common than Sawk/Throh (depending on version). 1 in 10 shaking grass in the correct forest (Route 6, right?) should be Emolga.
Holy Order Sol said:
Are you trying to breed for natures without Everstones nor Ditto?
I have neither access to dittos (only at 6th gym) nor a mother with the correct nature. I'm nature farming!

Zierath

Suairyu said:
More common than Sawk/Throh (depending on version). 1 in 10 shaking grass in the correct forest (Route 6, right?) should be Emolga.
Route 6 has Emolga in 1 out of 5 shaking grasses I believe so it's the best place for catching Emolga.

Suairyu said:
I have neither access to dittos (only at 6th gym) nor a mother with the correct nature. I'm nature farming!

holy shit

And here I am, ready to EV train the old-fashioned way with a mere Macho Brace... I haven't even begun and I miss my Power items already. :lol

Watch Da Birdie said:
My whole team just got wiped out by a pair of Herdier I encountered in a Double Battle patch on the way to get Larvesta. :0

I think I'm gonna level up a bit and try that area later, lol.

My team seems really weak this time around though...only Gurdurr and Boldore do that well, the rest keep dying. Maybe it's because Elgyem, Golett, and Cubchoo are technically late-game and do better when they evolve, but in my Black Version, on the other hand, I felt everyone bar Swoobat could hold their own.

If you are going to get the volcarona egg would you mind breeding me one? I'm also looking for a scraggy, meinfuu, and karrablast egg.

I'm getting my game tomorrow so I will only be able to trade junk pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom