• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zierath

So I asked this earlier but got no takers, would anyone be willing to trade me a Vullaby? I can trade any other breedable in return. My code is 0475 7056 7793.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
finalozzo said:
is sassy victini good?

If you want a competitively viable natured one, then no. Sassy is a Special Defense boosting nature, that gives up speed. Victini is a very good offensive Pokemon, but Psychic/Fire is a horrible defensive type.

You're going to be looking mostly for a speed boosting nature. Jolly for Physical attacking, or Timid for Special. Hasty, or Naive for mix attacking sets.

I recommend a speed boosting nature, because the 100 base tier is pretty crowded. However, if you just want a good nature, Adamant and Modest do well too.

Personally, I think the Special sets are more powerful and take advantage of its Victory Star ability the most.

Anyone wanna throw this old guy a Cubchoo? Hopefully around lvl 20ish?

I guess the only thing I have to offer is pelilil or whoever that first White exclusive you come across is..

Suairyu

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Why so much hate for Troh? :(
Ignorance. I have to stop using him now because he's too powerful. He's can hold his own against Pokémon he's weak against, he's a "win button" against Pokémon who are neutral to him and complete overkill for everything weak against him.
finalozzo said:
is sassy victini good?
Making a tournament appropriate Victini is pointless as most tournaments ban legendaries. Don't give yourself the headache, considering his capture rate.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Suairyu said:
Ignorance. I have to stop using him now because he's too powerful. He's can hold his own against Pokémon he's weak against, he's a "win button" against Pokémon who are neutral to him and complete overkill for everything weak against him.
Making a tournament appropriate Victini is pointless as most tournaments ban legendaries. Don't give yourself the headache, considering his capture rate.

This is far and away not true. VGC rules ban Victini, but others, like Smogon do not ban him outright because his power has not tier breaking. So thusly, it's totally viable he'll be able to use him in tournaments now and in the future.

Try not to throw the term 'legendary' around as a ban term either. Articuno is a legendary, but most would hardly call for a ban on him. Likewise, the Genies and beast are not banned from VGC, although most would consider them 'legendary' (whatever that means).

Manus

About how early in the game can I get a Tynamo? Also, why does it always seem like the CPU always gets off a flinch or a critical hit on me? I have a Scope Lense and I don't see it as much as the CPU.

Gravijah

SquirrelNuckle said:
About how early in the game can I get a Tynamo? Also, why does it always seem like the CPU always gets off a flinch or a critical hit on me? I have a Scope Lense and I don't see it as much as the CPU.

Before the 6th badge.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SquirrelNuckle said:

A good chunk of the way into the game, before the 6th gym. He's fairly rare to find, but is more common near the end of the cave.

As for CPU hax, it always happens in Pokemon and it shall always be that way.

Suairyu

Banned
Wait, you folks breed shinies? Even with tricks, doesn't that mean you have to breed ~2000 of your chosen monster?

(I totes want a shiny Blitzle/Zebstrika so please educate me)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Asked earlier, but didn't get an answer: is there anyplace to buy ethers? Just finished the 7th gym. Is the E4 shop fully stocked like in previous games?
HiddenWings said:
See, now you're gonna make me go dig out my copy of blue.
Sometimes things happen that make me want to pull out my old copies of blue and/or red.

Then I realize that there's a chance that after all these years the battery could have died and my save would be gone and I get too scared. The save MUST live on in memory, if not in reality!

zumphry

Banned
Holy Order Sol said:
YES. And I need to see how he looks in a tux.

Sorry for the overall shittiness of this(especially where I tried to darken out my mistakes :s):

326Ee.jpg

Ravidrath

Suairyu said:
Wait, you folks breed shinies? Even with tricks, doesn't that mean you have to breed ~2000 of your chosen monster?

(I totes want a shiny Blitzle/Zebstrika so please educate me)

Yeah, but it's not TOO bad... I just cycle around while I watch TV or do other things.

Basically, you want to...

1. Plug your DS in
2. Clear out all your boxes and save - this means you basically want to do it on a second cart
3. Start breeding Pokemon from two different regions and filling up the boxes
4. Leave your DS on the whole time (close lid when not using it) and don't Fly anywhere to keep the seed value from changing
5. Reload your save when boxes are full if you don't have a shiny yet, because releasing them all would take forever​

Statistically, you have about a 33% chance of getting a shiny if you fill all 720 slots. With a Flame Body Pokemon in the lead spot, I'd say you can get about 40-50 Pokemon an hour?

My fastest two were Piplup, which I got on my third egg, and Scorpi, which I got on my 89th egg.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Monroeski said:
Asked earlier, but didn't get an answer: is there anyplace to buy ethers? Just finished the 7th gym. Is the E4 shop fully stocked like in previous games?
Sometimes things happen that make me want to pull out my old copies of blue and/or red.

E4 shop is fully stocked like previous titles, but I do not believe Ethers are purchasable at any shops. People can correct me if I'm wrong.

MGrant

EvilMario said:
This is far and away not true. VGC rules ban Victini, but others, like Smogon do not ban him outright because his power has not tier breaking. So thusly, it's totally viable he'll be able to use him in tournaments now and in the future.

Try not to throw the term 'legendary' around as a ban term either. Articuno is a legendary, but most would hardly call for a ban on him. Likewise, the Genies and beast are not banned from VGC, although most would consider them 'legendary' (whatever that means).

This. I argue with friends so often about the banning of legendaries. "You can't use Moltres, that's a legendary!" Yeah, and he kind of sucks, so...? Same thing with pokes like Cresselia, the Regis, Uxie and Mesprit, and Phione. Just because there's only one chance to catch most of these guys doesn't suddenly make them Arceus-level.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So there's no way to get pokemon before this game without trading or going online?

That's a little lame, I don't have a wireless router.

Ravidrath

LAUGHTREY said:
So there's no way to get pokemon before this game without trading or going online?

That's a little lame, I don't have a wireless router.

You can get most of them without going online, you just need to beat the game first.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
shiny,adamant,mold breaker, 31 att IV ................wat
MatthewB92 said:
You're kidding me........ I never have this type of luck D:
It's to make up for the fact that it takes me literally 100+ Dusk Balls/Ultra Balls to catch a Legendary. Every fucking time, man.

And then my friend catches one with a fast ball or some other stupid shit.

Firestorm

If you wanna breed shinies / perfect Pokemon, you could always google Pokemon RNG and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

warning: might go crazy
MatthewB92 said:
Don't think so. Might be on smogon but I don't like going there.
OH YEAH, WELL WE DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER

Izayoi said:
It's to make up for the fact that it takes me literally 100+ Dusk Balls/Ultra Balls to catch a Legendary. Every fucking time, man.

And then my friend catches one with a fast ball or some other stupid shit.
All jealousy aside :p congratulations on the very good find.

Firestorm said:
People there are too crazy lol

Gravijah

Firestorm said:
If you wanna breed shinies / perfect Pokemon, you could always google Pokemon RNG and see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

warning: might go crazy

Has the BW RNG been "cracked" yet?

Suairyu

Banned
Ravidrath said:
1. Plug your DS in
2. Clear out all your boxes and save
3. Start breeding Pokemon from two different regions and filling up the boxes
4. Leave your DS on the whole time (close lid when not using it) and don't Fly anywhere to keep the seed value from changing
5. Reload your save when boxes are full if you don't have a shiny yet, because releasing them all would take forever​
Elaborate.

What RNG is said:
As was said, RNG stands for Random Number Generator. Basically, it controls most randomized things in video games, such as what IVs a pokemon will have and/or its shininess. People have found a way to utilize this and decode its pattern so they can make it generate a certain result, such as a Shining pokemon. I was playing with it earlier and got a Shiny Charizard

It is not hacking or glitching or anything, and will not damage your game. Basically, you find out the pattern, make it generate a few more numbers in that pattern, and then when it reaches the one you want you pounce.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom