• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

I've been walking back and forth in Wellspring Cave trying to find a Drillbur forever! How often is the swirling dust supposed to come up?

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUU- I finally saw a dust cloud but I didn't use a repel and one step next to it I encountered a wild Roggenrola. FUUUUUUUUU-

KingK said:
I've been walking back and forth in Wellspring Cave trying to find a Drillbur forever! How often is the swirling dust supposed to come up?
Every 200 steps, but I believe the process resets when you encounter a pokemon. Use super repel, walk until swirling dust appears, ???, profit

Roto13

I don't know where that 200 steps thing came from. The number of steps is pretty random. Sometimes there are only like ten steps between swirlies.
Drkirby said:
I just realized there weren't more Eevee evolutions, I am sad now :/
Ha ha, yeah, that's the first thing that popped into my head when I heard the main game would only have new Pokemon. "How are they going to evolve Eevee into a fighting type if they don't have an Eevee?"

KingK

Mr. Paer said:
Every 200 steps, but I believe the process resets when you encounter a pokemon. Use super repel, walk until swirling dust appears, ???, profit

Oh, ok. I just walked to another swirling dust and got a fire shard or something. dammit!

Are you sure it's 200 steps? I just burned through 2 repels without seeing one dust cloud.

Billychu said:
561.png

What's up? I'll just sit here tanking all your damage and blasting you with Confuse inducing Psybeams. U MAD?

How does one tank with this?

I use it just to put up screens. :/

Kyzer

Banned
I think they're gonna bring back Hoenn in Gray version, and skip the Ruby/Sapphire remake. And you're gonna travel there by train. Or something. Idk. All I know is SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON IN POKEMON!

Zzoram

Maybe they'll go all out.

Pokemon Gaia/Terra 3DS. Contains all 5 regions from past Pokemon games, redone in 3D, with all Pokemon available, except for a few dozen exclusives to each version.

One can dream.

Zomba13

Zzoram said:

Pokemon Gaia/Terra 3DS. Contains all 5 regions from past Pokemon games, redone in 3D, with all Pokemon available, except for a few dozen exclusives to each version.

One can dream.
They are saving that for their Wii2 Pokémon MMO

One can dream.

KingK

I just went through 4 repels trying to find a Drillbur in this cave and didn't see one fucking dust cloud. I think I have to give up or I'll run out of money...

Holy Order Sol said:
How does one tank with this?

I use it just to put up screens. :/

I think that's what he means. Light screen halves special attack damage and reflect halves physical attack damage. Both last for five turns. This bird will certainly end up in OU. Especially with Magic Guard. Either Siliglyph or Dream World Xatu

zumphry

Banned
Zzoram said:

One can dream.

LdNHV.png

Zzoram said:

One can dream.

the only prob with this is how to handle the lvl scaling., unless they make you do an Ash and leave your pokemans behind.

Teknoman

Billychu said:
561.png

What's up? I'll just sit here tanking all your damage and blasting you with Confuse inducing Psybeams. U MAD?

Seriously its like it has some sort of psybooster.

EDIT: I'm finally realizing the benefits of leaving at least one moveslot open for buffs/debuffs.

DragonKnight said:
I think that's what he means. Light screen halves special attack damage and reflect halves physical attack damage. Both last for five turns. This bird will certainly end up in OU. Especially with Magic Guard. Either Siliglyph or Dream World Xatu

I don't think it has access to recovery though, but otherwise it's indeed great. Speaking of which, I still don't have a Light Clay. :/

I could just use this guy in my old team as a replacement for Gardevoir.

You know, the "My Body Is Ready" meme gets a lot of hate from some GAFfers but I must say I crack up every time I see it

I would absolutely love if Gamefreak made an "ultimate" Pokemon game with every previous region and pokemon. That would be utterly glorious

Also I used my Master Ball on Tornadus because fuck you you stupid roamer

D-Pad

DoomXploder7 said:
the only prob with this is how to handle the lvl scaling., unless they make you do an Ash and leave your pokemans behind.

"Technology is incredible! I hear machines have made it possible for Pokemon to reach level 500! Now the bond between humans and Pokemon will reach unprecedented heights."

Teknoman said:
Seriously its like it has some sort of psybooster.

EDIT: I'm finally realizing the benefits of leaving at least one moveslot open for buffs/debuffs.

I'd rather use buffs because debuffs won't help me out against the next Pokemon after I knock the first one out.

Zzoram

DoomXploder7 said:

Reduce EXP gained, reduce the gap in level between Gyms.

If there are 40 Gym leaders, and each has Pokemon 2 levels higher than the rest, you can go from lvl10 to lvl90, and give the Elite 4 all lvl 95, then face Ash with all lvl 100s.

Why not have NPCs go up to 100? 100 shouldn't just be for PvP. Making the final boss Ash with all lvl100s means it'll come down to strategy and not just overleveling for the boss.

Zzoram said:
Reduce EXP gained, reduce the gap in level between Gyms.

If there are 40 Gym leaders, and each has Pokemon 2 levels higher than the rest, you can go from lvl10 to lvl90, and give the Elite 4 all lvl 95, then face Ash with all lvl 100s.

Why not have NPCs go up to 100? 100 shouldn't just be for PvP. Making the final boss Ash with all lvl100s means it'll come down to strategy and not just overleveling for the boss.

It's simply not possible bro. The only G/S/C were intended to be the last pokemon games so that's why we went from Kanto to Johto. You will never see all five gens in a game. Or if you did, it would be bare bones. Maybe you get to fight the gym leaders with a few trainers here or there.

Kyzer

Banned
Ryn said:
I still cannot believe how much shit is in this game.
Same, I beat it in Japanese and thought wow they really went lazy with this beta of Gray version.

Now Im like

OMGWTF?

As for a game with all the regions...no prob not. How about 2 or three versions, where, instead of the same shit with barely any differences, its EmeraldGreen with Hoenn, Kanto, and Johto and PlatinumGray with Sinnoh and Unova...

one can dream etc. etc.
DragonKnight said:
The only G/S/C were intended to be the last pokemon games so that's why we went from Kanto to Johto.

Lol youre crazy.

Ryn

Just from what I've vaguely heard about post game and just the amount of things you can do online (what is it, 5 different battle types?). I haven't even messed with the breeding and random trading online. Hell, even with the props and the show thing (I don't remember what it was called) I thought was pretty neat, and totally extra.

It's all really cool. I still haven't beaten the game ...on my way to the 8th gym leader at the moment.

Roto13

Considering you can transfer Pokemon you've caught in every other region to Black/White, it's already basically one big game with expansions.
MatthewB92 said:
How the hell does Shelmet and Karrablast work? I don't get it :\
You have to trade a Shelmet for a Kerrablast for them both to evolve.

Roto13

MatthewB92 said:
Ooooh ok. lol I'm do that stuff tomorrow sleep time.
It works with the GTS. I know because I had to do it that way because I asked here like four times and nobody offered to help me. Asshats.

DoomXploder7 said:
ehh even if you weren't kidding, crow never tastes bad to me, well if thats the case i wish I could see what they would produce now if they thought/felt like the next pokemon would be the last.

Then we would definitely see more continuity between the different regions. Maybe one version can have you go to one region while another version gives you access to another. We really don't need to go back to Kanto or Johto.

DragonKnight said:
Then we would definitely see more continuity between the different regions. Maybe one version can have you go to one region while another version gives you access to another. We really don't need to go back to Kanto or Johto.

honestly i'd be fine if they never did anything evolution-wise with the first 493 ever again and instead next gen is for black and white what gold and silver was for red and blue.

D-Pad said:
Is Foul Play's 95 base power the lowest possible or will foes with low attacks bring it down further?
Reading about the move, the base power itself doesn't change. The only difference is that it uses the opponent's Attack stat rather than yours in the whole damage calculation process.

Yes. I am of the mind that we really don't need anymore pokes. The next games should be about cleaning up the presentation, streamline the menus, hi-res sprites, making almost every single poke useful, and changing up the flow of the main quest. The main games need some side quests and distractions that can be done BEFORE beating the Elite four.

D-Pad

ColtraineGF said:
Reading about the move, the base power itself doesn't change. The only difference is that it uses the opponent's Attack stat rather than yours in the whole damage calculation process.

Ah I see. Thanks. Debating whether or not to replace Crunch with it...

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone who is into the competitive scene on smogon know if they are giving garchomp another shot at OU tier? Like do they do resets every gen? with air balloon he should be easier to counter.

FootNinja said:
Anyone who is into the competitive scene on smogon know if they are giving garchomp another shot at OU tier? Like do they do resets every gen? with air balloon he should be easier to counter.

He is nowhere near as dominant as he was in gen IV and the only things banned right now are the usual legendaries, wobb, and the Drizzle+Swift Swim combo

I would not be surprised to see Excalibur and Tyranitar together being banned though lol\

Edit: I am also expecting Dream World ditto to see some opposition

KingK

I went through 12 repels in Wellspring Cave. I got 3 red gems and 1 green gem but didn't encounter a single Drillbur. That's bullshit.

Teknoman

Jamesfrom818 said:
I'd rather use buffs because debuffs won't help me out against the next Pokemon after I knock the first one out.

I'll try for a debuff if it looks like I might not win/ its not safe to switch out.

Achtius

KingK said:
I went through 12 repels in Wellspring Cave. I got 3 red gems and 1 green gem but didn't encounter a single Drillbur. That's bullshit.

I can give you one if you want.

FC: 1205 8577 8884

KingK

Achtius said:
I can give you one if you want.

FC: 1205 8577 8884

Thanks, but I don't have wireless in my dorm. I'll have to wait until I go out to the campus tomorrow to connect to wi-fi.

As a side note, I really like the move Shell Smash.

Shell Smash + Sturdy = fun

Makes risky sweeping with my Carracosta awesome! But I don't get a chance to use this strategy often, especially if opponents do slightly more than half damage instead of less than half or K.O. range, and especially if opponents are still faster after +2 Speed. Still fun though.
D-Pad said:
Ah I see. Thanks. Debating whether or not to replace Crunch with it...
Consider that if you use Foul Play, you probably won't do much super-effective damage against Psychics/Ghosts, who don't usually have that much Attack.

Achtius

KingK said:
Thanks, but I don't have wireless in my dorm. I'll have to wait until I go out to the campus tomorrow to connect to wi-fi.

Alrite, but unless you really want one now now, you will probably encounter several of them later in the game when going through different caves.

Teknoman

Battle Subway just seems more fun than the past areas. Maybe its the music/the fact we're fighting on a speeding train.

Also the prizes are nice and pretty inventive. Expecting some real wtf faces with air balloon and that absorb bulb. Oh and about those feathers on the drawbridge, do those effect EVs as much as vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom