• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Izayoi said:
Doubles are still slow and clunky - triples even more so.

Until they speed those menus up doubles and triples will always take back-seat.
I've never seen doubles to be more slow or clunky than singles. Like I said, all the effort they put towards doubles seems to be a waste when they make most of single player singles. They seem to have spent significantly more time with the doubles part of the game than singles when it comes to battles.

Izayoi

Banned
-Stranger- said:
Hmm i'm finding myself quite tempted to buy this, how does it compare to Pearl/Diamond ?
Leaps and bounds better.

BW are like greased lightning when compared to DP. The fastest games in the series since FRLG.

Firestorm said:
I've never seen doubles to be more slow or clunky than singles. Like I said, all the effort they put towards doubles seems to be a waste when they make most of single player singles. They seem to have spent significantly more time with the doubles part of the game than singles when it comes to battles.
I don't disagree, but they're still too slow. I think that even just removing the small pauses when changing from Pokemon to Pokemon would be a big enough change to make them fast enough to make most of the game double battles.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone who is into the competitive scene on smogon know if they are giving garchomp another shot at OU tier? Like do they do resets every gen? with air balloon he should be easier to counter.

I can't wait for the inevitable Pokemon Grey to fix things like give Ferroseed the ability to learn Rapid Spin. I mean seriously, who overlooks these things?

Izayoi

Banned
Shed_a_Ninja said:
I can't wait for the inevitable Pokemon Grey to fix things like give Ferroseed the ability to learn Rapid Spin. I mean seriously, who overlooks these things?
The great part is that they probably won't change that.

They might fix Sky Drop. Maybe.

Teknoman

Scarecrow said:
Goddamn. There's so many cool new pokemon in this one. I don't know which to choose for my team.

Yup. Im just going to try and stick with a certain 6, and store the rest I want to train in a training box. Those plus Pokemon from past games, and i've got a decent amount of training to do.

Andrex said:
For the record I'm expecting to have at least 4 fully IV/nature bred, move taught, item holding, EV-trained Unova Pokemon ready for that tourney.

Guess I know what I have to do. Still for others, there should probably be another "cup" set for normal trained Pokemon since this doubles is going to be for advanced training (or so it seems). Either that or Andrex and Fire are going to be like Gym Leaders.

Anth0ny

Kintaco said:
I keep stopping Tepig from evolving, am I screwing myself by doing this? He's too cute to let it evolve!

lol you're definitely screwing yourself. You want Pumba!

You can just breed one later if you want teh cuteness.

Izayoi

Banned
Vect said:
Again, do my pokemon still get extra exp if I receive it back after trading it once to another trainer?
Nope. The trainer ID will match so unless you start a new game it still counts as the same trainer, no matter how many times you trade it back and forth.

Kintaco

Anth0ny said:
lol you're definitely screwing yourself. You want Pumba!

You can just breed one later if you want teh cuteness.
Haha, well good thing then. I wasn't paying attention to the game and he evolved anyway. :p

KingK

I'm really impressed with the new Pokemon in this game. I'm about to challenge the second gym, and already I have a team that I would normally be satisfied with carrying to the end.

r4z4

Is there a way to delete a nickname I have set myself? I just went to the name changer and changed the name back to 'Tynamo'. Am wondering whether the name will change when it evolves?

D-Pad

r4z4 said:
Is there a way to delete a nickname I have set myself? I just went to the name changer and changed the name back to 'Tynamo'. Am wondering whether the name will change when it evolves?

Not entirely sure, but I've done this myself in the past. lol I pretty sure it's set back to the default.

edit - dp, sorry. :(

r4z4 said:

The name won't change when it evolves but yes, there's a Name Rater in the 3rd city that can help you rename any pokemon that YOU have caught. I'm not 100% sure which house he's in tho...

r4z4

razgriz417 said:
The name won't change when it evolves but yes, there's a Name Rater in the 3rd city that can help you rename any pokemon that YOU have caught. I'm not 100% sure which house he's in tho...
Hmm sounds like I will just have to keep renaming after it evolves then. The name rater is in castelia just before the gate to route 4. The door on the left of the street.

Pezking

Sorry if this has been answered before, but is it known yet if the US version of this game works on an european DSi?

So far I've only read that the japanese version is region locked while the australian one isn't.

Beat the story line
43:43
141 seen
97 obtained
Team:
Candlejack/Chandelure
DudeBro/Braviary
Widow/Galvantula
Iris/Haxorus
Aizen/Serperior
Nacho/Scrafty
With help from Derp/Seismitoad, Phoenix/Victini and Static/Reshiram

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now that I have done the main story I guess it is time to catch 'em all*

Guess now would be a good time to start planning out a new team. May keep a few of my old ones, like Lilligant, with me. Will be sad to retire a few of them, but they did their trainer proud. That and I may try out this EV business that is all the rage.

*new beasties only

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just caught victini :)

i now have

a grass type
a lightning type
a psychic fire type
a water type
a rock type

and I need one more, it will be flying, what are you guys thinking? I have a fairly good coverage of the elements, ie enough to counter more common pokemon.

flying + what?

Electivirus said:
After taking a look at Eelektross, I've decided that I must have one. That stat spread, that movepool, that ability... good lord.
Yeah, every time I encounter one I start panicking. I hate those guys.

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
Need a Pokemon White Pokemon with Charge for... whatever the heck this person wants it for. Anyone? :(
What do you mean a Pokemon White Pokemon?
If it's the heart scale girl in Driftveil City then Blitzle knows charge when you first catch it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
slaughterking said:
Is that an ability or what?
Pretty sure it is a move. Raises Sp Def I think as well as making the next electric move more powerful.
Since I'm on the way out I won't be of help for the next 7ish hours as I won't have access to my router.

Gravijah

HolyCheck said:
oh man i forget its name, but the zebra one has charge!

4813 6217 8362

Trade meeeeeee. You have White, right?

OMG Aero said:
What do you mean a Pokemon White Pokemon?
If it's the heart scale girl in Driftveil City then Blitzle knows charge when you first catch it.

Someone in Opelucid City wants a Pokemon from the opposite game that knows Charge. Not sure why.

BGBW said:
Pretty sure it is a move. Raises Sp Def I think as well as making the next electric move more powerful.
Since I'm on the way out I won't be of help for the next 7ish hours as I won't have access to my router.
Ah, okay. I'm not really familiar with all these English names since I'm playing a different language version. :p

I could give you one, Gravijah.

5114 2635 5085

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
Ah, okay. I'm not really familiar with all these English names since I'm playing a different language version. :p

I could give you one, Gravijah.

5114 2635 5085

Ah, thank you. I'll be in the WiFi room!

Edit: Thanks again! What language are you playing?

Man, the fossils are handled so much better in this game. Early access to them, no waiting for them to be revived, and you get them at Lvl 25. Brilliant. Tirtouga is damn good too.

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
I'm playing the German version. So I was looking for a move called "Ladestrahl". :p

Ahh crap, the one you gave me is charge beam. Do you happen to have a low level Blitzle... Well, the zebra/electric Pokemon? One of his early moves is charge... I wonder if the move is called Blitz in your version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom