• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Takao

Banned
Who's your favorite Medabot, Takao?

You can never go wrong with a KBT, or KWG (Metabee, and Rokusho's model line). But Greed is pretty cool looking:

FDR00-M.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pokemon Puzzle League and Stadium 2

That's a damn good answer, but no.
Code:
01. Pokémon Red/Blue
02. Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green
03. Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2
04. Pokémon Black/White
05. Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
06. Pokémon Yellow
07. Pokémon Platinum
08. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
09. Pokémon Emerald
10. Pokémon Ruby
11. Pokémon Gold/Silver

That's a damn good answer, but no.
Code:
01. Pokémon Red/Blue
02. Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green
03. Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2
04. Pokémon Black/White
05. Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
06. Pokémon Yellow
07. Pokémon Platinum
08. Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
09. Pokémon Emerald
10. Pokémon Ruby
11. Pokémon Gold/Silver

Your opinions do nothing but give Wiseblade more power.

I must be honest, I think Red and Blue are way too fundamentally flawed to be called the best of anything.

I see the wisdom in your GS placing, though. :)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's just a good feeling you get when you play Kanto games.

I'm not a 151 only guy but man nostalgia's a powerful thing. Also not the only thing because goddamn do gold/silver/crystal not hold up at all.

Yep, I didn't forget Crystal, it doesn't make the top list at all because it doesn't have Mareep in it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Johto's problem isn't with the Pokémon it added for me, it's how it feels. They sort of hit a slump there and didn't get out of it until the Gen 1 remakes. Since then their games have been somewhere between outstanding and great.

Johto's problem isn't with the Pokémon it added for me, it's how it feels. They sort of hit a slump there and didn't get out of it until the Gen 1 remakes. Since then their games have been somewhere between outstanding and great.

Whatchu talkin' bout, Man God?

Espeon and Dunsparce alone make up for every Gen II clunker.

MicH

R/S/E is, to this day, still my favorite games in the series. While I really enjoyed both R/B/Y and G/S/C and played them a LOT, R/S/E just was so amazing and innovative technically that it blew away the other two generations. Not to mention that this game was probably the first game I read about in a Nintendo magazine LONG before it arrived in Europe. They were also the games I played the most and I could still easily replay them time and time again to this day. Something about them just feels so... perfect.

Black 2 and White 2 are amazing as well, much better than the fourth gen, which I really disliked (the physical/special split was the best thing to come out of that). Black 2 and White 2 just have something that D/P and, in my opinion, B/W lacked. I'm not quite sure what it is, but B2/W2 just feels far more polished.

MikeMyers

There's just a good feeling you get when you play Kanto games.

I'm not a 151 only guy but man nostalgia's a powerful thing. Also not the only thing because goddamn do gold/silver/crystal not hold up at all.

Yep, I didn't forget Crystal, it doesn't make the top list at all because it doesn't have Mareep in it.

Same, I love Kanto. There;s just a charm to it that I can't explain

SAY WHAT?

ifaEgrKILSfIX.gif

You posted Power Rangers, you win the thread.

What is going on here? *contemplates leaving to go play games and write instead*

Anyway Gen 4, specifically Platinum is still the best in the series.

Top Bottom