• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Anyways I've always been fond of Jubilife City, I love the look of it and it has kind of a psuedo modern feel to it. It doesn't look like your everyday modern city but it has its charm. It doesn't hurt that it's in Sinnoh. Otherwise, I also love Lentimas City because I love adobe architecture like no one else's business. I just wish the weather was better there.

MikeMyers

Restarting Ruby, going to use this team:

Blaziken, Beautifly, Gyarados, Linoone, Cacturne, Starmie

That's right, motherfucking BEAUTIFLY.

What have they done with the real Koko?

She leaves for a week and comes back a different person.

Her avatar doesn't even have a funny name. :(

Macka

This thread makes me happy. I've never been part of a community with a large Pokemon fanbase before, so I'm excited!

I'm a little behind the times this time around, and only started White 2 a few days ago. I'm really enjoying the selection of Pokemon available early in the game - I don't think I've ever had so many good options this early! That said, I ended up trading over my shiny Totodile to act as my starter, since the only Unova one I haven't used yet is Oshawott ...and I really don't like it. So far my team consists of:

1. Totodile lv. 19
2. Riolu lv. 18
3. Elekid lv. 16
4. Growlithe lv. 16
5. Eevee Lv. 18

I just caught an Eevee in Castelia City, which took a surprisingly long time - little bastard took ages to show up. I'm planning on evolving him into an Espeon since it's my favourite Eeveelution, and I haven't used it in a while.

I only have two badges at this point, but so far I'm really enjoying the Gyms - the styling is great, and I really like that they are unique buildings this time around. They fit into the world so much better than they ever have before, and instead of walking into a town and saying "okay, there's the gym", I actually have to look around a little now.

I do have some complaints though. The first section of the game is a bit of a joke. The second town feels about twenty steps away from your hometown, and the third isn't much further. In the previous games there has always been some sort of dungeon between the first and second gyms (Mt. Moon, Slowpoke Well, Dewford Cave, etc.) This feels a little too 'point a to point b' so far.

Still, the game feels like another good step in the right direction. If GameFreak can compile all of the improvements from the last few games in the inevitable 3DS games, it would be fucking amazing. Some notable features I want back is the ability to toggle between running and walking, and mapping key items to the touchscreen. The Poketch from Diamond/Pearl should also return, as it was the best use of the touchscreen they've ever had - the apps were so useful! Unfortunately, I get the feeling they intentionally remove a few features between games (while adding in some new improvements to stop people from complaining too much), so that no one game in the series ever really reaches perfection. There's only so many improvements they can make, and once they have nothing to fix, that's when the series could die.

There is no such thing as hope. The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.

I wrote a haiku and everything, but to no effect. The Tobi quote proves it's still you. :/

Remember how awesome HeartGold is? With all of your cute little Pokémon following you around? You have to snap out of this Kokonoe! You fought so hard to deny Gen V's dominance, and now you've just given up?

It can't end like this. What went wrong?

MikeMyers

Hmm.

Did BW2 retroactively ruin BW for you?

For some weird reason yeah. Everytime I put in BW I think "maybe I should go do the post-game stuff in BW2" but when I do BW2 I just remember how I dislike it.

Right now I'm trying to complete the PokeDex in Platinum, and restarted Ruby.

Kokonoe

Banned
I wrote a haiku and everything, but to no effect. The Tobi quote proves it's still you. :/

Remember how awesome HeartGold is? With all of your cute little Pokémon following you around? You have to snap out of this Kokonoe! You fought so hard to deny Gen V's dominance, and now you've just given up?

It can't end like this. What went wrong?

I don't care anymore. I am no longer bound by the restraints of this world of gold and silver, I only see black and white now.

Spin Tobi's flashbacks from the manga into the Pokemon world

She saw the truth, duh.

Seriously, are you OK Kokonoe? What's up?

I'm fine, but I know the truth now.

For some weird reason yeah. Everytime I put in BW I think "maybe I should go do the post-game stuff in BW2" but when I do BW2 I just remember how I dislike it.

Right now I'm trying to complete the PokeDex in Platinum, and restarted Ruby.

What do you dislike so much that you can't do the postgame stuff?

Regardless of your views of the main campaign, the postgame's great.

Macka

She saw the truth, duh.
I'm fine, but I know the truth now.
fullmetal-alchemist-eye-of-truth_design.png

Edit: There we fucking go.

fullmetal-alchemist-eye-of-truth_design.png

Edit: There we fucking go.

Kokonoe, are you currently residing in a suit of armor?

It's okay, you can tell me. :(

We'll go on a quest together to find the mystical Philosopher's Stone Pokéwalker, and you can go back to being yourself and liking Gold and Silver best.

You do explore a few dungeons later along the way but if you played Black/White, there really isn't a lot of new stuff they add there. If you loved Rock Tunnel, no need to worry as Chargestone is the new Rock Tunnel and I don't mean that in a good way...=/

I would have loved for them to bring back the Rematch option, that was such a useful tool in the games. I don't know why they remove useful features from earlier version at times. Maybe they don't have the space for them? Maybe they just don't care? I sometimes wonder about their decision making process.

Kokonoe

Banned
Kokonoe, are you currently residing in a suit of armor?

It's okay, you can tell me. :(

We'll go on a quest together to find the mystical Philosopher's Stone Pokéwalker, and you can go back to being yourself and liking Gold and Silver best.

Yes...this is what happened to my body. Pokewalker?! I may have to change my mind..
Sounds like another great fanfic story!

So far our story has a Pokémon x Naruto x Fullmetal Alchemist crossover going. What could possibly go wrong?

Once Chet makes a guest appearance, we'll add K-ON!

Kokonoe

Banned
For those who were partially concerned, if you were, thank you and I apologize.

So far our story has a Pokémon x Naruto x Fullmetal Alchemist crossover going. What could possibly go wrong?

Once Chet makes a guest appearance, we'll add K-ON!

Sounds like PokeGAF Mugen or something. We'll need some Medabots too.

Professor Beef and his Digimon friends will initially appear as enemies, but we'll team up in a later chapter to fight Stage On as the Nine-Tails possessed Pikachu.

Kokonoe

Banned
Nah, it's alright. As long as you're OK. :)

Is that a can of worms I hear being opened?

:thumbsup

It's the truth, and all must except it!
Different spelling for different markets or am I in a mist?

Medabots is what's it called outside of Japan, and in Japan it has a R instead.

Professor Beef and his Digimon friends will initially appear as enemies, but we'll team up in a later chapter to fight Stage On as the Nine-Tails possessed Pikachu.

Wow, it works so much.

Wow, I wake up and Exterminieren's singing, Kokonoe's done a complete 180, and my roommate's finally cleaned the bathroom? This is straight out of 28 Days Later!

Not that I'm complaining about any of them :)

Top Bottom