• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Find a list of all the effects of Sunny, Rain, and Sandstorm and then look at what Hail does.

It's not even on the level of Sandstorm which itself is a distant third to the other two.

Hail heals certain Pokemon while active, has two generators, hurts non-Ice types, and gives Blizzard 100% accuracy. Not to mention it helped make one of the best surprise teams in all of Gen 4.

I'd say it does pretty well for itself compared to say, Sandstorm.

MikeMyers

Hail heals certain Pokemon while active, has two generators, hurts non-Ice types, and gives Blizzard 100% accuracy. Not to mention it helped make one of the best surprise teams in all of Gen 4.

I'd say it does pretty well for itself compared to say, Sandstorm.

The problem with Hail is that Ice is just a bad type. Only resists itself, and its good offensively but most Water types get Ice Beam anyway.

Fire/Grass (Drought), Electric/Water (Drizzle), and Steel/Rock/Ground (Sandstream) are better because they go with better types.

I do love Ice types though.

Frost_Ace

Wut,

Sandstorm boosts rock types special defense (which makes tyranitar as dangerous as he is), doubles excadrill speed, raises landorus attack and garchomp's evasion (which was the cause of his banning to ubers in the first place).

Hail should boost ice types defense.

Wut,

Sandstorm boosts rock types special defense (which makes tyranitar as dangerous as he is), doubles excadrill speed, raises landorus attack and garchomp's evasion (which was the cause of his banning to ubers in the first place).

I've never been too afraid of Sand, no matter what the team build (even as a weather abuser myself). Good Hail builds scare the shit out of me though.

Snowpants, suckers! :p

livestream___scrafty__king_of_puns_by_yindragon-d4jx7s4.jpg

Wut,

Yeah, hail needs a passive boost and probably more abilities that gives bonuses during hail. And probably have those pokemon not be Ice types.

I'll be your Wii U friend...but I'm not getting one for the forseeable future, so you'll have to wait.

*realizes there are no games in the foreseeable future I want* Not good...

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Aw fuck do I need a Wii U to register a Nintendo Network account?

I want to get something like Batman

or xXSSJ4CloudSephirothGogeta420Xx

Kokonoe

Banned
I might get Wii U early, even though it has quite a boring lineup at launch. Well, to me anyways.

I guess I feel like pressing on a touchscreen and having something new. Vita or Wii U...hmm..

Dragons should be nerfed by now. If this were run by Capcom, they would have beat Dragons to death with the nerf bat. Or be like Namco and be as blind as bats with it and go whack someone who didn't need a nerf.

Dragons should be nerfed by now. If this were run by Capcom, they would have beat Dragons to death with the nerf bat. Or be like Namco and be as blind as bats with it and go whack someone who didn't need a nerf.

If it were run by Capcom, they'd have introduced Wesker and Rufus as Pokémon and continued to buff them with each generation :(

On a different note; I'm pretty sure I'm the only ScraftyDevil/ScraftyD out there (unless for some reason I'm important enough to have a doppelgänger), so you'll always know when I'm stalking you =3

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That'd be too big of a nerf though, Dragon is supposed to be overpowered.

Not really, every single Dragon so far has access to one of the many, many, many moves that'll still kill the crap out of an Ice type.

What it will do is make you think twice before going on a Draco Meteor/Outrage rampage.

MikeMyers

Dragons are to Pokemon as Mishima's are to Namco's Tekken series.

Firestorm

Dragons should be strong but it's kind of ridiculous right now. Don't carry Steel? gg. Draco Meteor is the most bullshit offensive move created.

Top Bottom