• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

For tiggerkiddo:
CwVsx.png

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=265299

For Cuteness Overload:

MikeMyers

Because very little outside of something like Tyranitar or Houndoom can actually kill it in one shot before it gets a chance to stall you out.

Hmm...never played much of GSC metagame outside of UU.

I went straight for UU so I could use Hidden Power Flying / Double-Edge / Substitute / Hydro Pump Gyara.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
As someone who tried to run through the Battle Subway with a No Guard Sheer Cold knowing Ninjask I can say Sturdy dudes are jerks.

Also: Sucker Punch

I'm surprised they haven't give Pokemon an item they can hold that will bring them back to health if they faint.

Alas, that would make Destiny Bond, Memento and Perish Song broken. What we DO need is an item that lowers the opponent's accuracy when they hit you with a physical attack that makes contact.

Also, I may be visiting family in New York during Black Friday weekend. Any New York PokéGAFers out there?

Ultratech

Because very little outside of something like Tyranitar or Houndoom can actually kill it in one shot before it gets a chance to stall you out.

Sounds about right.

Speaking of, my Battle Tower team in Crystal was entirely comprised of Mewtwo, Tyranitar, and Houndoom. It actually did rather well save for 2-3 fights that nearly got out of hand.

mewtwo in gen 1 was scary. gen 2 as well. he's still scary but not as bad with more ubers

Heh, Psychics in general were completely OP back then. But Mewtwo in Gen 1/2 could decimate a TON of stuff.

Alas, that would make Destiny Bond, Memento and Perish Song broken. What we DO need is an item that lowers the opponent's accuracy when they hit you with a physical attack that makes contact.

Also, I may be visiting family in New York during Black Friday weekend. Any New York PokéGAFers out there?

Umm what? How would that even work? I'm trying to wrap my head around something that would cause you to be less accurate after you execute a physical attack.

Minimize a Clefairy and stick it in a bottle. Done!

A smoke bomb or a bag of ash or something. I dunno what the actual item would be; I just like the idea of the effect.

You hold it out and hope they're dumb enough to attack it? I mean the effect would be nice but again, I'm not sure how you would go about doing that. Unless it'd be an item that would create after images and by trying to attack those, the opposing Pokemon gets tired and loses accuracy as it keeps going...

You hold it out and hope they're dumb enough to attack it? I mean the effect would be nice but again, I'm not sure how you would go about doing that. Unless it'd be an item that would create after images and by trying to attack those, the opposing Pokemon gets tired and loses accuracy as it keeps going...

Considering Pokémon are willing to punch a Rocky Helmet or a Red Card, it's not too much of a stretch.

Top Bottom