• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Stage On

Totally putting a Feraligatr on my rain team.

Bo yah

Feraligatr__s_Ice_Punch_by_raizy.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Help me with the moveset for this goof.

Feraligatr @Life Orb
Adamant
Sheer Force
252 Atk/60 Def/196 Sp Def

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake/Crunch
Ice Punch

Defenses let me dance a little. Spread out so both give me a stat of 251

Not sure if I should use Earthquake for Electric jerks but the drawback is that it's not Sheer Forced.

NPD Thread said:
-Pokemon combined sold 867K. Black/White 1's opening month was 2.5 million. Heart Gold/Soul Silver was 1.78 million.

This explains why the B2/W2 thread moved at a snail's pace (compared to the first B/W thread). I guess a lot of people are getting worn out with DS Pokémon games.

I didn't like NeoGAF's turnout for this one. No one was willing to lend a hand when someone asked for help with a trade, and a lot of people's questions were ignored and went completely unanswered.

The first B/W thread felt like it had so many more people involved. It also managed around three times as many posts in a similar time period.

Kokonoe

Banned
I'm certainly worn out, but I'm worn out of Pokemon itself lately. I guess it's natural after being with it nonstop since 1998 that I eventually would. Couldn't finish my HeartGold run either.

I still think the thread for BW2 moved pretty fast, I didn't expect it to be that popular, but I guess it doesn't compare to the original B/W threads, but I wasn't around then. Of course, that was a new region and new Pokemon.

I'd have been more willing to help out if the game wasn't such a dissapointment for me. I felt kind of sorry for you because you were willing to deal with all those trade requests and such. It was just too similar to Black/White and that main part of the game became a drag. But it could also be just people tired of the franchise.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok Crunch is better.

Since Earthquake doesn't get the Sheer Force boost I take the normal recoil from life orb.

Didn't know about that.

LeleSocho

Banned
While sequels, they are still 'third games' - can't escape that.

We'll see about G6.

Yep it should be compared to Platinum etc.
edit: i checked, Platinum sold 805k in less than 2 weeks (March 22- April 4) meanwhile B2W2 had an entire month to do 867k... so yeah... considering that is a DS game i think that it's not bad but not that good too

The Platinum thread only had 2,052 posts. So B2/W2 managed tremendously better than that.

I still wish more people had joined in.

Platinum was my first PokéGAF thread! And I didn't even own it. I only had Diamond Version. :3

I'm certainly worn out, but I'm worn out of Pokemon itself lately. I guess it's natural after being with it nonstop since 1998 that I eventually would. Couldn't finish my HeartGold run either.

I still think the thread for BW2 moved pretty fast, I didn't expect it to be that popular, but I guess it doesn't compare to the original B/W threads, but I wasn't around then. Of course, that was a new region and new Pokemon.

I've certainly reached a similar limit, loved Black 1, felt entirely disappointed with Black 2 yet I know that it's a great effort (plot stuff and pacing excepted, they botched that).

Though i'm still up for Gen 6, and to be controversial, bring on the 3D models!
I don't get why some complain about more pokemon, they're entirely the driving force behind my hype for new games, Cactowl will return!

BoSox06DH

Yea the Black and White 2 OT has slowed down quite a lot from just a month. I asked one time to see if anyone was around to help me evolve my Electabuzz to no avail.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm getting near the end of all my work to make my copy of Black 2 the ultimate breeding game for gen 5.

I have good 31 iv dittos from other lands.
I have 4 maxed dojos and both cafes.
I have a maxed nursery
I'm about 2 hours of trading away from importing my complete pokedex with all the pokemon having their good egg moves.
I've been stockpiling shards from pokemon dream radar and my other gen 5 games, I have 150 or so of each.
I've got a dream world with every berry and almost 10k points, enough for every available pokemon.

All I need after that is enough BP to buy the outstanding TMs and I'm ready for prime time.

Yea the Black and White 2 OT has slowed down quite a lot from just a month. I asked one time to see if anyone was around to help me evolve my Electabuzz to no avail.

If you or anyone else ever needs ANYTHING, ask here and keep pestering me. I'll break down eventually and help you.

BoSox06DH

Appreciate the gestures dudes. UltimateIke would you be willing to help me evolve my Electabuzz. I already have the evolution item just need a partner in crime to do it. BTW, has there been a good explanation of why trade evolutions exist?

Appreciate the gestures dudes. UltimateIke would you be willing to help me evolve my Electabuzz. I already have the evolution item just need a partner in crime to do it. BTW, has there been a good explanation of why trade evolutions exist?

Certainly! My friend code is 4213 1795 5994.

Top Bottom