• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Wiseblade

My team would be:

395.gif
398.gif
135.gif
637.gif
407f.gif
472.gif

Wiseblade

Steel just isn't as good as it once was.

Wut

Fighting Types may have gotten better in Gen 5, but it's not like Dragons stopped existing.

EDIT: Actually, if Pokémon was real, I'd have a rotating team with Empoleon as the only staple. But mostly I'd just stick with what I'm currently using to play against my friends with:

395.gif
472.gif
596.gif
635.gif
NzfNW.gif
620.gif

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Well if Pokemans were real you'd really just need

1. A dude/s who can get around places with Surf/Waterfall/Fly etc.
2. A dude who can FSU

So one of these to get around with

130.gif

and

376.gif

one of these to fight and shit and sleep under when I'm tired if it's raining or something.

Kokonoe

Banned
Pokemon does not entertain me currently, but I shall post my dream team.

datmew2.gif
2inRj.png
lUI9S.png
abSBD.png
fQPf9.png
ziriK.png
6Vv8w.png

Okay, I posted 7, but not picking Shadow Lugia/Milotic/Snorlax is hard.

Arbok
Dragonite
Tyranitar
Electrode
Arcanine
Kingdra

I always imagine myself trying to find a Psychic-type to put on my "real world" team, but those are my favorites just coming off the anime.

Neiteio

Question!

If Groudon comes out with Drought and Kyogre comes out with Drizzle in the same battle... Which weather-changing move takes priority?

Also, it seems Groudon would go well with Reshiram and Kyogre would go well with Zekrom, correct? Groudon's Drought would halve water damage to itself, boost both its Fire moves and those of Reshiram, and allow each to use Solarbeam in one turn. And Kyogre's Drizzle would boost Water moves and make Zekrom's Bolt Strike hit 100% of the time -- or does the accuracy boost only apply to Thunder?

I'm on a legendary kick lately and I love the designs of those four, lol.

Zeroth

This gen, it was the bugs.

Next gen... Poison types shall get their due.

Expected answer: poison legendary

10 different Poison/Bug Pokemons. All of them with BST below 400.

Alternative answer: Poison pseudo-
pseudo-legendary

On the topic of dream team:

448-shiny-frame1.png
257.png
zoroark.png
ShinyMetagross.png
aggron.png
197.png

Yes, all of them are shiny because I'm a stupid person.

Question!

If Groudon comes out with Drought and Kyogre comes out with Drizzle in the same battle... Which weather-changing move takes priority?

Also, it seems Groudon would go well with Reshiram and Kyogre would go well with Zekrom, correct? Groudon's Drought would halve water damage to itself, boost both its Fire moves and those of Reshiram, and allow each to use Solarbeam in one turn. And Kyogre's Drizzle would boost Water moves and make Zekrom's Bolt Strike hit 100% of the time -- or does the accuracy boost only apply to Thunder?

I'm on a legendary kick lately and I love the designs of those four, lol.

Depends on their speed. I think the slowest one has their effect happen (since logically, the faster one activates their weather effect, then the slower one activates theirs, overriding the first). I could be wrong, since it's been a while since I've used them.

Rain only gives an accuracy boost to Hurricane and Thunder.

Neiteio

OK, I did some research -- tell me if this is right:

Say Groudon and Kyogre switch in the same turn. Whichever Pokemon is slower, is the Pokemon whose weather ability takes precedence. So if Kyogre is slower, it's Drizzle; if Groudon, it's Drought.

Then the prevailing weather ability lasts the entire time its Pokemon is in play, or for five turns after its Pokemon is defeated/switched out, UNLESS:

A) Another weather move is activiated, such as Rain Dance, Sunny Day, etc

OR

B) Groudon or Kyogre switches out and is switched back in, their weather ability taking over when they switch in

Correct? For Uber-tier battles, it seems Reshiram and Groudon would work well together, the latter using Drought to halve Water damage to itself, boosting Reshiram's Blue Flare, and allowing both to wield one-turn Solarbeams...

Zeroth

Yes. Weather effects invoked by abilities last until they are forcibly ended, unlike Rain Dance/Sunny day/Sandstorm that end after 5 turns.

Ondore

Everything but the 5 turn thing - once it starts, the only way to stop it is to change the weather through another weather move (Sandstorm, Hail or the opposite #) or another perma-setter.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drizzle
Drizzle will summon rain in battle. Its effects are the same as the move Rain Dance, but instead of lasting for a limited amount of turns, it lasts for the whole battle (unless it is replaced by another weather condition). If a Pokémon with Drizzle is sent out in the same turn as another Pokémon whose Ability affects the weather, the slower Pokémon's Ability will override the faster Pokémon's Ability.

Neiteio

Everything but the 5 turn thing - once it starts, the only way to stop it is to change the weather through another weather move (Sandstorm, Hail or the opposite #) or another perma-setter.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drizzle
Just to be clear, let's say Kyogre comes out at the start of the battle and sets Drizzle. If Groudon switched in halfway through the battle, his Drought would supplant Kyogre's Drizzle, right? Just like if you had used Sunny Day, only it will last the whole battle -- unless Kyogre switches out and switches back in. And so on. Correct?

I'm dreaming of an Ubers team and quite like the idea of a Drought-abusing Reshiram... Not to mention Reshiram and Groudon both have awesome designs, and nicely contrasting ones, for that matter. :)

643.gif
383.gif

Neiteio

Sweet picture by Arkeis over at DeviantArt. Made me realize Palkia might go with a Drizzling Kyogre just like Reshiram goes with a Drought-inducing Groudon.

sun_vs__rain_by_arkeis_pokemon-d4c6v9m.jpg

Ondore

Just to be clear, let's say Kyogre comes out at the start of the battle and sets Drizzle. If Groudon switched in halfway through the battle, his Drought would supplant Kyogre's Drizzle, right? Just like if you had used Sunny Day, only it will last the whole battle -- unless Kyogre switches out and switches back in. And so on. Correct?

Absolutely correct.

Neiteio

My Cloyster was EV trained in Attack and Speed and had perfect IVs. My Scrafty was EV trained in Attack and Speed and had perfect Special Defense and Speed IVs. My Togekiss was EV trained in HP and had no perfect IVs. To answer your second question, since one point in a stat can mean the difference between victory and failure, they definitely matter a lot. Also, word of advice; never use a move that has even the slightest chance of missing, because it will. Every. Single. Time.

Here's what my team would be if I were in the Pokémon world:

560.gif
553.gif
625.gif
635.gif
430.gif
342.gif

Guess what my favourite type is.
Crawdaunt? ...Crawdaunt?

Scrafty, you son of a BITCH.

Damn good taste. I fucking love you forever. Not enough people love the almighty Crawdaunt.

*brofistus maximus*

Neiteio

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll8y45LHj41qfz5j8o1_500.png
Man, you have a pic for everything. You're amazing! HENCEFORTH, YOU SHALL BE KNOWN AS NEOGAF JESUS.

Hm, actually, Scrafty rolls off the tongue better.

At any rate, I love Dark-types, too, but lately I've developed a real fondness for Steel-types. In particular:

376.gif
306.gif
632.gif
208.gif
227.gif
462.gif

If only Magnezone had Levitate...

Top Bottom