• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

balddemon

Banned
how are hgss/gsc busted? i love them so much lol. even hgss is great because you can auto run, which is something i'm not sure why they took out.

anyways, this playthrough will be bearable thanks to action replay. hella rare candies pls

Anyone who says we still don't need remakes didn't play HG/SS. Those were good remakes and I'd love to see how they would remake Hoenn, which had some great looking environments.

I would totally go for DLC "mini regions", all postgame and reachable by airplane. Each of them would host a variety of trainers, and a few top trainers at Gym Leader rank, every trainer carrying lv. 70+ Battle Frontier-grade teams.

Probably the closest we'd get to an Orange Islands game *imagines*

That song is EVERYTHING CHANGES, anyway...

The first comment:

Sabrina is the sexiest Kanto Gym Leader! (No, Adult Misty in a Bikini doesn't count!) Lorelei/Prima would count if she wasn't a Kanto Elite Four member.

Sabrina is like a repressed virgin. Her music is even sensual and sexy.

lol what.

"Play with me."

how are hgss/gsc busted? i love them so much lol. even hgss is great because you can auto run, which is something i'm not sure why they took out.

anyways, this playthrough will be bearable thanks to action replay. hella rare candies pls

The levelling, man, the levelling. I like HGSS and all, but the progression through the game is shot to absolute shit, IMO.

If they can't make a satisfying journey out of going across two regions, I shudder to think how they'd handle 5.

MikeMyers

The levelling, man, the levelling. I like HGSS and all, but the progression through the game is shot to absolute shit, IMO.

If they can't make a satisfying journey out of going across two regions, I shudder to think how they'd handle 5.

The Johto level up is okay for me, I dislike the level up in RSE though. I was talking recently about how underleveled I was for E4.

Neiteio

POP QUIZ, PUNKS!

Who's cooler? Kyurem-W, or Kyurem-B?

646-white.gif
646-black.gif

Don't worry! It's not racist to pick one or the other!

Me personally, I like 'em both. I think at the moment, I slightly prefer Kyurem-B. I know common wisdom says W has the competitive edge with a massive Special Attack stat boosting his STAB Ice Beam and STAB Draco Meteor, but he has to switch out after Draco Meteor or have his Special Attack lowered two stages. Fusion Flare is a reliable Fire-type move but works best in the sun, which would make W vulnerable to Fire-type attacks himself, no? As for B, he struggles more in terms of Ice moves, but does have Freeze Shock (140 power, 90 accuracy), an Ice-type move boosted by his massive Physical Attack stat; it fires on the second turn, dealing damage to whoever switches in to check him. And then there's Fusion Bolt, a reliable Electric-type move that plays off his Physical Attack stat -- seems like a good check against Water-type Ubers like Kyogre and Palkia. Hmm.

But regardless of how he stacks up against W, B is plenty powerful... And I like his more symmetrical design, and the way the energy can be seen coursing through his tail when he charges up, and how he streamlines many of the design elements in Zekrom, from the tail (now a graceful taper on the turbine) to the arms (now without the webbed gauntlets, and one arm all encased in ice). His musculature and raptor-like talons also have a strong look to them. And the icy mandibles are wicked cool! (Yes, I said "wicked!")

I think I also like Kyurem-B because I looooooooove Reshiram -- and Kyurem-B, being a combination of Kyurem and Zekrom, lends itself better to coexisting alongside Reshiram. Though it's also cool to see Reshiram alongside Kyurem-W, if you're flexible enough to imagine multiple Reshirams in the world!

So, which is your favorite? I used to think they were over-designed, but as is always the case with Pokemon, the more I look at them, the more they grow on me.

Neiteio

Looking at Kyurem-B in Pokedex 3D Pro, those beefy arms look like they could bitchslap someone to Bangkok and back. The tail is also fascinating: the black portions seem to turn to pure energy when he "activates," so you can see the lightning within.

Ahh, it's agonizing wondering what creatures they'll dream up next. I wonder if they're finally working on a dolphin Pokemon...

Neiteio

I like Kyurem-B because his bionic ice arm is better.

I love the Bane-esque tubes connecting their tails to their bodies.
Agreed on both fronts (B's ice arm, and the Bane-esque tubes). Regarding the latter, I like how the tubes connect from the shoulder blades, but then the energy comes from the tail (as illustrated in Pokedex 3D Pro). The "turbine tails" must be what's generating their Fire/Electric energy.

This is a badass pic (although B's left arm should be one solid mass of ice, and the tail should taper rather than be a perfect cone like Zekrom's). I shed one manly tear to see two beloved beasties on opposite teams, though!

Hello trainer rematches? What do you think the phone was for? Other than your friend to harass you with.

...In my defence, it was 4:30 in the morning when I posted that. :/

I'd still argue that is doesn't help progression, though;the main levels in the campaign are thrown hilariously out of whack.

Neiteio

Joltik wins the Cutest Award because:

1) He's one of the tiniest, if not THE tiniest, Pokemon in existence
2) He is 99 percent pure unadulterated fuzzitude
3) He has multiple sets of puppy dog eyes
4) He has the perpetual "O HI GAIZ CAN I HAS CHZBURGER" look
5) He's Bug/Electric, which is ironically badass for such a cute lil' bugger

Don't make me post pictures.

Joltik wins the Cutest Award because:

1) He's one of the tiniest, if not THE tiniest, Pokemon in existence
2) He is 99 percent pure unadulterated fuzzitude
3) He has multiple sets of puppy dog eyes
4) He has the perpetual "O HI GAIZ CAN I HAS CHZBURGER" look
5) He's Bug/Electric, which is ironically badass for such a cute lil' bugger

Don't make me post pictures.

But you can't cuddle a Joltik.

You can cuddle a Zorua.

You can cuddle a Victini.

Joltik is just too small.

Neiteio

Imagine filling a bathtub with Joltik. Imagine them crawling all over your body, fuzzling their way into each and every orifice. Imagine.

Top Bottom