• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Those sound really neat! Here, let me try:

Arcanine [Ruffian Forme], a Dark/Fire lizard dog that can breathe fire as well as deliver powerful kicks with its hind legs. It looks like Arcanine, but its fur forms a Mohawk-like crest on its head, and it wears protective, rubbery skin to protect itself from the elements.

Haha. This is the only fusion I'll accept.

Neiteio

So guys, through vigorous scientific research, I have determined that Elesa is in fact the coolest gym leader. The coat made from Mareep wool seals the deal!

PKMN-Elesa01BW2.png

PKMN-Elesa02BW2.jpg

PKMN-Elesa03BW2.jpg

PKMN-Elesa04BW2.png

PKMN-Elesa05BW2-withSkyla.jpg

PKMN-Elesa06BW1.png

Also, her badass World Tournament team:

523.gif
181.gif
405.gif
596.gif
587.gif
604.gif
618.gif

The following are the type combos that haven't been used yet, best as I can tell:

1. Bug/Dark
2. Bug/Dragon
3. Bug/Ice
4. Bug/Normal
5. Bug/Psychic
6. Dark/Electric
7. Dark/Normal
8. Dark/Psychic
9. Dragon/Fighting
10. Dragon/Grass
11. Dragon/Poison
12. Dragon/Rock
13. Dragon/Normal
14. Electric/Fighting
15. Electric/Normal
16. Electric/Poison
17. Electric/Psychic
18. Electric/Rock
19. Fighting/Flying
20. Fighting/Ghost
21. Fighting/Ground
22. Fighting/Ice
23. Fire/Grass
24. Fire/Ice
25. Fire/Normal
26. Fire/Poison
27. Fire/Water
28. Ghost/Grass
29. Ghost/Normal
30. Ghost/Psychic
31. Ghost/Rock
32. Ghost/Steel
33. Ground/Normal
34. Ice/Normal
35. Ice/Poison
36. Ice/Rock
37. Ice/Steel
38. Normal/Poison
39. Normal/Rock
40. Normal/Steel
41. Poison/Psychic
42. Poison/Rock
43. Poison/Steel

Now some ideas for some of them:

Pokemon based on a chili pepper (Fire/Grass); a leaking battery (Electric/Poison); mercury (Steel/Poison); petroleum (Fire/Poison); a lava lamp (Water/Fire, with Volt Absorb); dinosaur bones (Rock/Ghost); a T-Rex (Rock/Dragon); a jack-o-lantern (Grass/Ghost); a suit of armor (Steel/Ghost); a husky (Normal/Ice); a coyote (Normal/Dark); a mosquito (Bug/Dragon); a cockroach (Bug/Dark); a barreleye fish (Dark/Psychic); and a flamingo (Fighting/Flying).

Just to get the creative wheels turning! :)

OK, just thought up the cover fusions:

Blastoise [Armor Forme] -- Blastoise X Aggron, a Water/Steel-type -- Iron-clad Blastoise with a horned helmet, armor-plated shell and twice the cannons (two on each shoulder)

Charizard [Blade Forme] -- Charizard X Haxorus, a Fire/Dragon-type -- Winged, bladed dragon with sturdy, segmented skin

The Smogon community would call them Blastoise-A and Charizard-B, for short.

The next set of legendaries should be Dragon/Grass and Dragon/Poison. The Dragon/Grass-type could be the "Life Pokemon," an abundant walking rainforest -- and the Dragon/Poison-type could be the "Pestilence Pokemon." In other words, a life and death duality ("pestilence" sounds nicer than death, is alliterative with "Pokemon" and jives well with Poison-types).

Speaking of beneficial abilities, how about this for an idea?

A Water/Fire-type that has Volt Absorb. This aquatic creature resembles a lava lamp, with a transparent body containing undulating blobs of liquid fire. It scoots around the superheated water near hydro-thermal vents. Volt Absorb allows it to convert Electric-type attacks into HP -- a helpful feature for a Water-type to have, and fitting for a creature based on an electric appliance!

Here's the solution -- give the Grass/Dragon:

+ An ability called "Evergreen" -- IMMUNITY TO ICE-TYPE ATTACKS
+ High HP
+ High Def
+ High Sp. Def
+ HP-replenishing moves, being the "Life Pokemon" and all

BAM. Super-uber right there, folks.

Another idea: An Electric/Poison-type that resembles a broken battery, acid spilling from its mouth and pooling around it, the acid conducting electricity and creating tendrils. It has a new ability, "Splatter," which has a chance of poisoning when hit with a Physical Attack, and paralyzing when hit with a Special Attack.

And for the Poison/Dragon-type legendary, let's give it an ability called "Corrosion," which allows its Poison-type attacks to hit Steel-type Pokemon that would normally be immune to Poison!
Just quoting to preserve the most awesome posts on all of NeoGAF. In my humble and unbiased opinion.

Neiteio

unbias but those are all your posts
KuGsj.gif

XD
thatsthejoke.gif :p

EDIT: Ah, I see your edit and that you get the joke.

Also, don't say things like that around Eleza, she'll get an eating disorder if she doesn't have one already.

Let's focus on how you can see a bit of her toes instead.

I drew an Arcanine and posted it to the Nintendo Land Miiverse.

And then I realized I have no Wii U friends, so no one would ever see it. :<

PuAX7.jpg

injurai

Banned
Guys I just ran from a trainer battle!!!!!!

This is Pokemon Ruby, I'm surfing on the route with the Sunken ship. This swimmer spots me and comes over to me and the battle starts. Because I've been running away from all the random encounters I try to run out of habit. AND IT WORKS!!!

He had a lvl 28 Pelipper. After I ran the trainer no longer took attention of me. But when I talked to him again it started a pokemon battle. This time he had a lvl 26 Carvanha.

Looked It up and its Swimmer Matthew http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_108 but I can't find any documentation on such a glitch.

Perhaps both a random encounter and trainer battle some how where initiated at the same time, but It was weird.

Wiseblade

Guys I just ran from a trainer battle!!!!!!

This is Pokemon Ruby, I'm surfing on the route with the Sunken ship. This swimmer spots me and comes over to me and the battle starts. Because I've been running away from all the random encounters I try to run out of habit. AND IT WORKS!!!

He had a lvl 28 Pelipper. After I ran the trainer no longer took attention of me. But when I talked to him again it started a pokemon battle. This time he had a lvl 26 Carvanha.

Looked It up and its Simmer Matthew http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Route_108 but I can't find any documentation on such a glitch.

Perhaps both a random encounter and trainer battle some how where initiated at the same time, but It was weird.

Openly admitting to breaking the Pokélaw?! There's no running from a trainer battle!

Another idea: An Electric/Poison-type that resembles a broken battery, acid spilling from its mouth and pooling around it, the acid conducting electricity and creating tendrils. It has a new ability, "Splatter," which has a chance of poisoning when hit with a Physical Attack, and paralyzing when hit with a Special Attack.

And for the Poison/Dragon-type legendary, let's give it an ability called "Corrosion," which allows its Poison-type attacks to hit Steel-type Pokemon that would normally be immune to Poison!

UGH! A BATTERY? THAT'S NOT AN ANIMAL! GAME FREAK OUTTA IDEAS LOOKING IN THE BINS FOR NEW POKEYMEN! WHAT'S NEXT? A BANANA PEEL?!
meanwhile lets ignore the 6 new monkeys that are being added to the plethora of already existing monkeys, that's fresh!

Seriously though i'm game for Batteria or whatever it would be called.

Neiteio

UGH! A BATTERY? THAT'S NOT AN ANIMAL! GAME FREAK OUTTA IDEAS LOOKING IN THE BINS FOR NEW POKEYMEN! WHAT'S NEXT? A BANANA PEEL?!
meanwhile lets ignore the 6 new monkeys that are being added to the plethora of already existing monkeys, that's fresh!

Seriously though i'm game for Batteria or whatever it would be called.
LOL, seriously, I always roll my eyes when the Gen 1 purists point to Vanilluxe and Garbodor and cry bloody murder. (Also, I happen to like their designs!)

I'm glad you like the leaky battery idea. If you picture the copper top of a Duracell, I like to picture that split between black and copper being where the top hinges back like a mouth and the acid spews out, lol. :)

Man I want Nintendo to hire you guys to design new Pokemon for Gen 6. Some of the stuff you've come up with so far is amazing.
That would be the greatest job EVER!

Neiteio

Something I posted in the fusions thread:

+ Charizard [Blade Forme] -- Charizard X Haxorus (Fire/Dragon, with Levitate)
+ Blastoise [Armor Forme] -- Blastoise X Aggron (Water/Steel, with Regenerator)
+ Plusle (Sum Forme) -- Plusle X Minun (Electric/Psychic)
+ Pachirisu (Sky Forme) -- Pachirisu X Emolga (Electric/Flying)
+ Solrock (Orbit Forme) -- Solrock X Lunatone (Rock/Psychic)

Some notes about the above:

- Blastoise [Armor Forme] would have a similar form factor to Blastoise, but iron-clad with a horned helmet, armor-plated shell and twice the cannons, two on each shoulder.
- Charizard [Blade Forme] would have a similar form factor to Charizard, but with sturdy segmented skin, tusks on his face, and blades lining his limbs.
- The competitive community would call them Blastoise-A and Charizard-B, for short.
- The idea with Plusle [Sum Forme] is that when Plusle and Minun fuse, their minds combine to unlock their latent psychic ability, hence an Electric/Psychic-type.
- The idea with Pachirisu [Sky Forme] is to take a squirrel (Pachirisu) and a flying squirrel (Emolga) and make a stronger flying squirrel.
- Both Plusle-S and Pachirisu-S (again, shorthand) could have similar form factors to Raichu, in keeping with the Pikachu line inspiration.
- Solrock [Orbit Forme], or Solrock-O, would resemble a miniature solar system, with not only Solrock and Lunatone together, but numerous other astral bodies, as well.

Neiteio

Oh hey PokeGAF, I'm just getting back into the series with BW2, and figure'd it'd be appropriate t-----

&#3232;_&#3232;
Welcome back!

Btw, does anyone know where this comes from? It's almost as good as Elesa toe cleavage:

tumblr_mbro399DB61r2k1m8.gif

Animation looks slicker than the show. Is it from a Pokemon movie?

Neiteio

Just for the games...

Hopefully it'll become a tradition, seeing as they did up ones for the new Mystery Dungeon.
It looks so much better than the anime series. I laugh, though, at how absurdly dangerous the battles look -- epic explosions going off, and the trainer just stands there, lol.

On another note, does ANYONE have clean Sugimori art of Elesa from BW1? I prefer her BW2 outfit, but it beggars my mind how hard it is to find clean art of the first one. :-\

Neiteio

They need to give Arcus a more humanoid form

I mean would you mess with this?

tumblr_lu7ojzwJ091r255ifo1_500.png
Someone stop me because I smell a fusion coming on!

Mewtwo [Empireo Forme] -- Mewtwo X Arceus (Psychic/Multitype)

Perhaps the result of a cult trying to use the savage Mewtwo as a vessel for Arceus to reach its true potential?

Maybe retcon the story so that this is the REAL reason Mewtwo was created on Cinnabar Island?

YES.

I always thought that Deoxys [Genetic Forme] that was achieved through good ol' Deo assimilating Mewtwo The Thing-style would be really cool. Its ability would be to change formes to accommodate for the opponent's weaknesses (I.e. gaining higher Attack when fighting a squishy foe), and the cost of its other stats. Just think of how cool that would be!

Deoxtwo.PNG

Neiteio

I always thought that Deoxys [Genetic Forme] that was achieved through good ol' Deo assimilating Mewtwo The Thing-style would be really cool. Its ability would be to change formes to accommodate for the opponent's weaknesses (I.e. gaining higher Attack when fighting a squishy foe), and the cost of its other stats. Just think of how cool that would be!

Deoxtwo.PNG
Damn, that's cool! Oh man! Now I'm conflicted about which fan fiction I like better: Mewtwo [Virus Forme] or Mewtwo [Empireo Forme]!

Hmm... GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO LOVE BOTH.

Neiteio

I wonder...
What's that supposed to mean? Do they have kids I'm not aware of? o_O

Also, that Arceus fan art forme should be called its [Omega Forme].

Since standard Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon... Beginning, and end!

EDIT: And what's Marlan's main Pokemon, anyway?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Someone stop me because I smell a fusion coming on!

Mewtwo [Empireo Forme] -- Mewtwo X Arceus (Psychic/Multitype)

Perhaps the result of a cult trying to use the savage Mewtwo as a vessel for Arceus to reach its true potential?

Maybe retcon the story so that this is the REAL reason Mewtwo was created on Cinnabar Island?

YES.

This needs to happen SO BAD.

I SUPPOSE WE WILL.

By the way, I encourage everyone with a love for the world's best Pokémon should check out this blog:

http://askscrafty.tumblr.com/

It's pretty entertaining, and the Shiny Scrafty character is great. Here, just for CO:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0znx32ZM81r2nsseo1_500.jpg[img]

Speaking of Tumblr, what's that I see on the horizon? Could it be?

[spoiler]TRAINER'S LOG EPISODE V. COMING SOON.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I love the art on that Tumblr!

And more trainer's log? How exciting!

Posted this once before a while back but got no response, I'll try again.

Would anyone be willing to trade me a Charmander or Squirtle in Soul Silver? I don't have anything worth giving back, I just want to run through the game with one of those in my party.

Neiteio

OK, to go along with my fusions earlier for Charizard and Blastoise, how about...

Venusaur [Neon Forme] -- Venusaur X Eelektross (Grass/Electric)

Random, eh? Bear with me. This fusion reconfigures Eelektross into vine-like conduits to make Venusaur a walking irradiated jungle.

So... Venusaur [Neon Forme] would have a similar form factor to Venusaur, with Eelektross coloring and frills, and vines like power cables, plugging into a flowering plant on its back resembling a brilliant bank of floodlights.

It would also gain the Speed Boost ability. Self-powered, baby!

Wiseblade

I SUPPOSE WE WILL.

By the way, I encourage everyone with a love for the world's best Pokémon should check out this blog:

http://askscrafty.tumblr.com/

It's pretty entertaining, and the Shiny Scrafty character is great. Here, just for CO:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0znx32ZM81r2nsseo1_500.jpg[img]

Speaking of Tumblr, what's that I see on the horizon? Could it be?

[spoiler]TRAINER'S LOG EPISODE V. COMING SOON.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[LIST]
[*]Best Pokémon
[*]Scrafty
[/LIST]

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Neiteio

Anyway I was looking at a cracked article and they are candidates for pokeymans
A lot of these would actually make great Pokemon.

Especially the pangolin:

154149_v1.jpg

154151_v1.jpg

And the Honduran white bat (similar snout to Woobat, but they build shelter out of leaves!):

154146_v1.jpg

154144.jpg

And best of all, the piglet squid (yes, real-life name):

154132.jpg

154134_v1.jpg

I'd like to aso add the Giant Coconut Crab:

Giant-Coconut-Crab.jpg

The Vampire Squid:

vampire-squid-found-to-eat-marine-snow-green-side_59704_600x450.jpg

The Barreleye (the eyes are inside the see-through skull, not on the human-like face):

barreleye1-350.jpg

And the Spider Crab:

crab.jpg

And of course, unbelievably, we still need one of THESE (preferably Water/Psychic):

dolphin-picture.jpg

To my knowledge Sandslash is based on a Pangolin, at least that's what I always viewed it as, it ain't no Armadillo that's for sure.

Edit: looking at the article, Pichiciego! I want one!

Top Bottom