• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Macka

I don't know if Tail Glow fixes Ampharos. Sure, you get the massively boosted Special Attack, but he's still slow as fuck.

There should be an item that raises speed...and itsn't a choice item.

Neiteio

OK, 50 non-fused evolutions (Eevee listed twice, since Eevee evos are FUN):

1. Arbok
2. Rapidash
3. Farfetch’d
4. Marowak
5. Weezing
6. Mr. Mime
7. Jinx
8. Pinsir
9. Eevee
10. Eevee
11. Sudowoodo
12. Girafarig
13. Dunsparce
14. Qwilfish
15. Shuckle
16. Heracross
17. Magcargo
18. Corsola
19. Delibird
20. Houndoom
21. Donphan
22. Stantler
23. Smeargle
24. Masquerain
25. Breloom
26. Sableye
27. Mawile
28. Medicham
29. Manectric
30. Camerupt
31. Torkoal
32. Cacturne
33. Altaria
34. Banette
35. Chimecho
36. Absol
37. Luvdisc
38. Chatot
39. Spiritomb
40. Carnivine
41. Swoobat
42. Basculin
43. Maractus
44. Sigilyph
45. Alomomola
46. Beheeyem
47. Cryogonal
48. Stunfisk
49. Mienshao
50. Druddigon

Side note: A Mienshao evolution could be Fighting/Flying -- a warrior with long, billowing sleeves inspired by the flying warriors in movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon." :)

injurai

Banned
How would you guys feel if a pokemon got a 4th evolve form? I think it would be pretty cool. A 1st gen is probably most deserving if it ever happened.

Neiteio

The only one on your list I really question is Heracross. Isn't he pretty good already as is?
Yeah, he's debatable. I guess I felt obligated since Heracross is on there, lol. Also, I expanded it by adding Sandslash, Noctowl, Ledian, Ariados, Xatu, Sunflora, Swellow, Seviper, Zangoose and Skuntank... Maybe two more, for 60 evolutions to old Pokemon. But I stay away from similar Pokemon like Plusle/Minun, Volbeat/Illumise, Solrock/Lunatone, since it'd seem redundant to give them each an evolution. Hence why I'd like fusions...

So, Pokemon that could work well with an evolution include:

1. Arbok
2. Sandslash
3. Rapidash
4. Farfetch’d
5. Marowak
6. Weezing
7. Mr. Mime
8. Jinx
9. Pinsir
10. Eevee
11. Eevee
12. Noctowl
13. Ledian
14. Ariados
15. Xatu
16. Sudowoodo
17. Sunflora
18. Girafarig
19. Dunsparce
20. Qwilfish
21. Shuckle
22. Heracross
23. Magcargo
24. Corsola
25. Delibird
26. Houndoom
27. Donphan
28. Stantler
29. Smeargle
30. Swellow
31. Masquerain
32. Breloom
33. Sableye
34. Mawile
35. Medicham
36. Manectric
37. Camerupt
38. Torkoal
39. Cacturne
40. Altaria
41. Zangoose
42. Seviper
43. Banette
44. Chimecho
45. Absol
46. Luvdisc
47. Skuntank
48. Chatot
49. Spiritomb
50. Carnivine
51. Swoobat
52. Basculin
53. Maractus
54. Sigilyph
55. Alomomola
56. Beheeyem
57. Cryogonal
58. Stunfisk
59. Mienshao
60. Druddigon

Bah, you just added Xatu because you like its Japanese name, didn't you? ;)

I think that Scrafty should either get an evolution or a buff. Or Sucker Punch. Anything to make him viable in OU.

Stage On

How would you guys feel if a pokemon got a 4th evolve form? I think it would be pretty cool. A 1st gen is probably most deserving if it ever happened.

That is one shark I hope the Pokemon series NEVER jumps.

I think that Scrafty should either get an evolution or a buff. Or Sucker Punch. Anything to make him viable in OU.

Xatu needs an evolution or at least a better move pool or something. I tried to use one in Soul Silver because I wanted a flying psychic type that wasn't legendary and it was by far the weakest and most useless member of my team.

Also Isn't Scrafty really good already?

Neiteio

I do like Xatu (as you said, I have his Japanese name!), but I left him off the first draft of the list, so I don't think I'm being -too- biased here! But on second thought, I realized he could use the buff, even though I already have Swoobat and Sigilyph, also Psychic/Flying, on there for evolutions.

Now I'm surprised you'd be down for a Scrafty evolution. I would've thought you'd contend he's fine as is. (Which design-wise, I guess he is, but I suppose Scrafty could be more competitive with a stronger evo.)

The question is... What could a Scrafty evo be like? :O

Also Isn't Scrafty really good already?

Design-wise: Perfect.

Competitively: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Now I'm surprised you'd be down for a Scrafty evolution. I would've thought you'd contend he's fine as is. (Which design-wise, I guess he is, but I suppose Scrafty could be more competitive with a stronger evo.)

The question is... What could a Scrafty evo be like? :O

Scruffian. His mohawk goes all the way down his back now, and his pants 'n' hood ensemble becomes complete with the addition of a jacket made of shed skin. His Attack stat has been increased to 120 from 90, and his Speed has improved to 78. He learns Sucker Punch, Beat Up and Dragon Dance, because he's awesome like that.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sucker Punch would probably be more than enough to get Scrafty into OU.

Hell I use him in OU fights all the time and he cuts the mustard most of the time.

Why don't you want to stay UU with me? :<

Where do you think you're going? I'm bringing you with me to OU, pal.

arcanine_vs_seviper_gif_by_pokemon_black2-d536a3h.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just found out the new Mysterious Dungeon game only has 144 Pokemon in it.

FUCK! A lot of the stuff I was reading made me nervous, but, shit, it seems like the little farm-simulation stuff the new town has overshadowed the actual Mystery Dungeon part.

Where do you think you're going? I'm bringing you with me to OU, pal.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/162/f/e/arcanine_vs_seviper_gif_by_pokemon_black2-d536a3h.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
It's hard to be OU and a Fire type.

[quote="MikeMyers, post: 44748888"]I'm surprised Gyarados is still OU, I feel like I'm the only one to use it.[/QUOTE]
I use it too! I need it for the Ground immunity!

Stage On

Just found out the new Mysterious Dungeon game only has 144 Pokemon in it.

FUCK! A lot of the stuff I was reading made me nervous, but, shit, it seems like the little farm-simulation stuff the new town has overshadowed the actual Mystery Dungeon part.

Holy cow that's way lower then I thought it would be. Maybe those 3d models aren't so superior to sprites after all if the numbers are that low.

Speaking of spin offs I hope Pokemon conquest gets a sequel on the 3ds

MikeMyers

Flareon can check Genesect....HE FINALLY HAS NICHE IN OU!

On a more serious note, I think I might do a Heart Gold run using Pokemon I rarely ever use.

Feraligator
Victrebell
Tauros
Scyther
Mr. Mime

Who should be my #6?

It's hard to be OU and a Fire type.

Hey, if Infernape and Ninetales can be OU, so can you! Gen VI, bring on the Dragon Dance-boosted Earthquakes!

Oh yeah, and what would everyone's opinions be on a 2D Pokémon fighting game? I think it could be rather cool, and there'd be hundreds of characters to choose from!

MikeMyers

Hey, if Infernape and Ninetales can be OU, so can you! Gen VI, bring on the Dragon Dance-boosted Earthquakes!

Oh yeah, and what would everyone's opinions be on a 2D Pokémon fighting game? I think it could be rather cool, and there'd be hundreds of characters to choose from!

A Fighting game with the fighting types would be cool.

Ninetails is only really OU because of its ability, and Infernape is like one of those guys like Metagross/Gyarados that I rarely see anyone using.

Volcorana is OU though! And Blaziken got banned!

Stage On

Eh, I enjoy the Pokemon characters in Smash bros but I'm not sure a fighting game with only Pokemon would be all that great. Getting the balance right would be a nightmare

Neiteio

I totally want a "Nintendo Versus" made by the MVC3 team, and Deoxys with all of his formes to be one of the character. Thing is, I also want -- wait for it -- Cofagrigus to star in this theoretical 2D brawler. That may seem strange, but just imagine -- the casket floats and spins and rams and drills, and the four ghostly arms allow it to scurry around Shuma-Gorath-style, or do stretchy-arm attacks, and so on. It'd be awesome! But with a sweet design like Cofagrigus, how can you not?

ScraftyDevil said:
Scruffian. His mohawk goes all the way down his back now, and his pants 'n' hood ensemble becomes complete with the addition of a jacket made of shed skin. His Attack stat has been increased to 120 from 90, and his Speed has improved to 78. He learns Sucker Punch, Beat Up and Dragon Dance, because he's awesome like that.
OK, this is god-like. I now have to amend my evolution wishlist to accomodate a Scrafty evo. I'll knock off the Eevees since we already have so many of them. :p

Also, going back to fusions for a moment... A Volbeat/Illumise fusion should totally be another Bug/Fire-type (why make Larvesta/Volcarona the only ones?), and it would have the stats to -really- put Tail Light to good use. Muahaha!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh so Dreamworld Legendary are event only? Looks like I missed it too.

Oh and if you want a pokemon fighter there's this doujin fighter called Pokemon Type F.

Neiteio

So now my ideal Gen VI, which pushes the boundary of what seems unlikely but plausible if Nintendo were driven enough, looks as follows:

+ 200 new creatures -- ~50 more than the last record

Includes:

- 100 all-new species with no connection to previous generations
- 60 new evolutions to old Pokemon, many of which are encountered in the wild, meaning you can breed them to get the classic first forms
- 40 new fusion formes

Between 80 Pokemon fusing to make the 40 new fusions, and 60 new evolutions, this means 140 old Pokemon would be "powered up" in this idyllic Gen VI.

Sure it won't happen -- but it's exciting to think how intricate and diverse an ecosystem of Pokemon they've yet to explore. Definitely one of the most exciting series under the sun. :)

ffdgh

I demand more eeveeloutions. fighting, ghost, and dragon to be exact.

And give rotom a metal plate so it can be an even more annoying magnezone XD

Neiteio

Introducing...

GENERATION VI:

DUSK and DAWN Versions

THEME:

The duality of life and death; the cycle of life

COVER PKMN:

DUSK -- Dragon/Poison-type -- The Pestilence Pokemon

DAWN -- Dragon/Grass-type -- The Prosperity Pokemon

ABILITIES:

Dragon/Poison-type -- Corrosion -- Poison-type moves can affect Steel-types

Dragon/Grass-type -- Evergreen -- Immunity to Ice-type attacks

Send my check in the mail, Nintendo.

Speaking of new versions and ideas for it, I do remember from somewhere that, upon Pokémon Sunday playing Michael Jackson's Black or White as background music, jokes about a Pokémon Smooth and Pokémon Criminal appeared.

Introducing...

GENERATION VI:

DUSK and DAWN Versions

THEME:

The duality of life and death; the cycle of life

COVER PKMN:

DUSK -- Dragon/Poison-type -- The Pestilence Pokemon

DAWN -- Dragon/Grass-type -- The Prosperity Pokemon

ABILITIES:

Dragon/Poison-type -- Corrosion -- Poison-type moves can affect Steel-types

Dragon/Grass-type -- Evergreen -- Immunity to Ice-type attacks

Send my check in the mail, Nintendo.

images

As long as they contain the starters I made, I won't inform Namco Bandai :3

Neiteio

*sees Digimon games*

CURSES!

Well, we can't call it Life and Death.

But dat duality.

Hmm...

EDIT: Eh, fuck Digimon. Dusk/Dawn it is!

Pokémon Nature & Nuture Versions

Pokémon Sweet 'n' Sour Versions

Pokémon Rise & Descent Versions

Pokémon Paradise & Ruin Versionsl

Pokémon Kind Of Cream-ish Off-Yellow and Puce Versions

Neiteio

Alpha and Omega versions would be cool (beginning and end, life and death). Only possible problem is Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon.

Top Bottom