• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

So it's a beard?

Perhaps.

tumblr_mdv6opVhgz1rcks0bo1_1280.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We have those pokemon omnibus thingies. What are those omnibus thingies? I mean, it's not about the manga.

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that when I looked at the rightmost handbook, I mistook Charmander as Iris?

So what do Zorua, Turtwig, Meowth, Chimchar, Zigzagoon, Totodile, Snivy, Torchic, Mudkip, Oshawott, Bulbasaur, Marill, Tepig, Treecko, Charmander, Pachirisu, Cyndaquil, Pikachu, Piplup, Squirtle, Axew, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Chikorita, and Pichu have in common?

Boss Doggie

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that when I looked at the rightmost handbook, I mistook Charmander as Iris?

So what do Zorua, Turtwig, Meowth, Chimchar, Zigzagoon, Totodile, Snivy, Torchic, Mudkip, Oshawott, Bulbasaur, Marill, Tepig, Treecko, Charmander, Pachirisu, Cyndaquil, Pikachu, Piplup, Squirtle, Axew, Jigglypuff, Togepi, Chikorita, and Pichu have in common?

Fur?

eww less digimon more this

absurdfinal.png

It's almost the same thing except he's naked :mad:

Neiteio

eww less digimon more this

absurdfinal.png
I love the premise of this Farfetch'd evolution, and the filename is great: "Absurd." Absurd, the ronin Pokemon, with the wandering samurai's cloak, bowl-shaped hat, and a sheath and katana fashioned out of leeks... He could be a Fighting/Flying-type. :)

I also think Mienshao should get a Fighting/Flying-type evo. Think "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," how the warriors fly about with billowing sleeves and flowing robes. :)

And going back to the topics of fusions... Seaking and Lumineon seem like logical fits to fuse into something more powerful, no? As it stands, Lumineon is kind of forgotten by everyone...

Buttons

I love that Farfetchd evolution, so cool. :D

I still dream that some-day they will introduce an item that stops Pokemon from evolving but lets them then get the stats of their respective evolutions at the respective levels. So something like a super-everstone.

I like so many Pokemon but not their evolutions. The original Pokemon is always smaller, cooler and cuter. ^^

Neiteio

Lumineon is simply too outclassed by way too many other Water Pokemon to be of much use. No wonder nobody remembers it
Fuse Lumineon with Seaking -- some sort of epic frilly fish with a horn!

I love that Farfetchd evolution, so cool. :D

I still dream that some-day they will introduce an item that stops Pokemon from evolving but lets them then get the stats of their respective evolutions at the respective levels. So something like a super-everstone.

I like so many Pokemon but not their evolutions. The original Pokemon is always smaller, cooler and cuter. ^^
That's a really cool idea -- an item that allows a first or second form access to the stats of their final form without evolving. :)

Neiteio

Not a bad idea, plus the evolved forms would still have an edge since they'd be able to equip a better item.
Yeah, I'd be down for this. And of course, I'd love to see many final forms receives stat boosts, new abilities and moves themselves. Tail Glow on Ampharos, dammit!

(On a scarier note, imagine Volt Absorb Gyarados, or giving Contrary to any legendary with Draco Meteor...)

((Does Slaking have Entrainment? What about Regigigas? Archeops? Would be fun to inflict their abilities on others!))

That sounds like fun.

It's not so great against human players since you can just switch out to another Pokémon, but it would be wonderful against the CPU. After giving the CPU Truant, they usually won't switch, so you can give one of your Pokémon Protect + Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/etc. and max your stats on the turns the CPU can't attack before going for the sweep.

It's not so great against human players since you can just switch out to another Pokémon, but it would be wonderful against the CPU. After giving the CPU Truant, they usually won't switch, so you can give one of your Pokémon Protect + Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/etc. and max your stats on the turns the CPU can't attack before going for the sweep.

Don't ruin this for me.

Boss Doggie

Looks like I'll have to switch to Elektross for my electric mon in the White Forest run. I already made Lucario wear a balloon.

Stage On

I wish that if a Pokemon had more then one ability you could select which one you wanted it to be born with. It would sure make breeding a lot faster.

Neiteio

Does anyone have high-res art of Elesa as she appeared in Black and White?

I'm more than a bit surprised how difficult this has been to find online.

BW2 look is superior, but still would like art of old one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wish that if a Pokemon had more then one ability you could select which one you wanted it to be born with. It would sure make breeding a lot faster.

They changed it to getting whatever ability the mother has 80 percent of the time.

This along with everstone now working 100% of the time has reduced my average breeding time for single ability pokemon by about half and multiple ability pokemon by about eight times!

Stage On

They changed it to getting whatever ability the mother has 80 percent of the time.

This along with everstone now working 100% of the time has reduced my average breeding time for single ability pokemon by about half and multiple ability pokemon by about eight times!

That's better but still not streamlined enough just like much of the rest of the series. The need to cut out all busy work already to make things more competitive.

I'm sick of them taking 1 step forward on stuff like the option to auto level for multiplayer battles only to take 2 steps back by removing that feature

Neiteio

Still waiting for that high-res BW1 Elesa art! *taps foot impatiently*

Now then... See these two muscle-bound love-birds? Yeah -- they need to FUSE:

machamp_uses_neckbreaker_by_namh-d417bsu.jpg

Machamp [Pillar Forme] -- Machamp X Condeldurr (Fighting-type): A super-ripped, obscenely veiny bodybuilder, with FOUR concrete-pillar-wielding arms, or alternatively, two concrete-wielding arms, and two arms free for grappling. Or maybe it can be called Machamp [Anchor Forme] and have two of the four arms wielding massive ship anchors instead (see pic at bottom).

Although, Conkeldurr X Serperior could be interesting:

tumblr_lisxkjSN3h1qaq5q8o1_400.png

Also, some cool Conkeldurr art:

First, some street fighting...

street_fight_by_behindtg-d31vo33.jpg

And maybe a Fighting/Steel-type should be in order, to justify wielding these anchors?

tumblr_li4p27N5SE1qc4debo1_1280.jpg

BONUS PIC -- FOR THOSE WHO LOVED "FUCK YOU THUNDERBOLT" (and by Namh, who illustrated the Machamp/Conkeldurr battle):

same_type_by_namh-d3bqolv.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What are some really good sweepers I can put on my Trick Room team?

So far using Conkeldurr, Empoleon, and Dragonite.

Empoleon and Dragonite haven't done crap so I'm taking them out.

Top Bottom