• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why does it have to be colors or metals? Why not stuff like Pokemon Meteor and Pokemon Comet.

Oh right, While Treehallow/Black Tower is the most bullshit thing I have ever seen. You know how PWT/Battle Frontier games tend to bullshit on you with chances and typing combinations and attacks? Well now it's the same but with levels!

Why does it have to be colors or metals? Why not stuff like Pokemon Meteor and Pokemon Comet.

Oh right, While Treehallow/Black Tower is the most bullshit thing I have ever seen. You know how PWT/Battle Frontier games tend to bullshit on you with chances and typing combinations and attacks? Well now it's the same but with levels!

It's the later parts that you get toast, huh?

*wonders how a game pair with nonsensical version names would fare*

balddemon

Banned
I like Paradise/Ruin.

Also, would someone be willing to trade me a fire type Pokemon? I need one in heart gold and can't find a growlithe. Magmar would be the best.

Neiteio

Imagine a Salamence X Metagross fusion... :O

It'd scratch that non-legendary Steel/Dragon itch...

Also, a Hypno X Musharna fusion resulting in a strong baku/tapir would work. :)

And WHOA! I love the Paradise/Ruin suggestion. You could even find the Grass/Dragon in a verdant wilderness, and the Poison/Dragon in the ruins of a society it destroyed via pestilence long ago. :O

I still think the Dawn/Dusk combo works best, though, despite Digimon using it first. (Shouldn't be a problem since no one remembers Digimon...)

Neiteio

If you want Salamence x Metagross, and I got Dragonite x Tyranitar, that leaves Garchomp x Hydreigon...
Hmm... I don't think that would work, unless you dropped the Dragon-type for Ground/Dark (in the vein of the Sandile line). Otherwise you'd be favoring one or the other (by making another Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Ground). :)

Hmm... I don't think that would work, unless you dropped the Dragon-type for Ground/Dark (in the vein of the Sandile line). Otherwise you'd be favoring one or the other (by making another Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Ground). :)

It could be like Meloetta and use an attack to change forms in battle between Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Ground.

J10

Banned
466204_10150673740781991_1032584317_o.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I can't trade a mon in GTS if I haven't seen yet in the game right? Welp, looks like I won't get a Tepig for my dex.

Neiteio

It could be like Meloetta and use an attack to change forms in battle between Dragon/Dark or Dragon/Ground.
Perhaps. Or alternatively it could have some ability that gives it the attack bonus, resistances and immunities of the non-represented type -- effectively making it a three-type Pokemon, lol.

balddemon

Banned
anyone have a fire pokemon, preferably Magmar, that they can trade to my heart gold cart? also preferably in an egg :p but it's ok if not.
gonna post this in black 2 thread too

Neiteio

Switching gears completely here... They should release a Speed Boost Regigigas. Just for shits and giggles. Shameful to waste such a cool design with a debilitating ability!

Neiteio

A question -- what tweaks could be made to existing Pokemon to make them more competitive? The example was given of Tail Glow on Ampharos. Any other ideas, for him or other Pokemon?

My imagination must run wild.

For some reason I've been dreaming of a Pokémon main series game that gives you a Pokémon protagonist that's always in the team with varying team members based on story progression. Battles take place in semi-real-time, where Pokémon still take turns, but
different moves mean different amount of time needed for the next turn to come up... of course, with the Speed stat determining how long the wait is.

Hmm...

Delete Dunsparce from the game entirely and add his stats to someone who deserves them, like Farfetch'd. Then give the duck an evolution.

Everyone wins.

MikeMyers

A question -- what tweaks could be made to existing Pokemon to make them more competitive? The example was given of Tail Glow on Ampharos. Any other ideas, for him or other Pokemon?

Tyranitar - Sucker Punch
Gyarados - Roost, Aqua Jet, make Bounce 1 turn and give it proper accuracy.
Hooh - Magic Guard ability (FUCK YOU STEALTH ROCK)

Top Bottom