• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

So, the League's started in the anime, and, after tomorrow's episode and next week's episode, we're getting "sensational" announcements.

I'm guessing that they'll be a reveal of the filler saga, and a reveal of next year's movie.

ffdgh

So, the League's started in the anime, and, after tomorrow's episode and next week's episode, we're getting "sensational" announcements.

I'm guessing that they'll be a reveal of the filler saga, and a reveal of next year's movie.

...eh maybe the writers will finally let ash battle the e4........nah.

He's losing to the Eeveelution trainer.

As he should.

cBRUZ.gif
hA0Y6.gif
5vDmq.gif
MpLzv.gif
6h5oB.gif
E6heO.gif
o26P8.gif
494c9.gif

Neiteio

Wrong thread, or am I missing something?

On another topic, I wonder how it would be like to be a Serperior-Haxorus hybrid.
Competitively, a Serperior [Hax Forme] would need that Evergreen ability I invented (immunity to Ice-types!) to last very long as a Dragon/Grass-type in the OU/Ubers meta-game. But all that aside, yes, conceptually and aesthetically, he looks AMAZING! Now I really want to see a Charizard X Haxorus fusion (colored dark red like Charmeleon, preferably -- why favor one's color scheme over another?).

On the topic of wishes re: tweaking old Pokemon, would Ampharos with the Magic Bounce ability and Trick Room and Tail Glow be a lot more useful? I don't recall offhand if he learns Trick Room or if it does what I think, but assuming he doesn't, and assuming Trick Room makes slow Pokemon take priority, than this bumbling sheep-man could get the jump on others by powering up his Special Attack three levels per turn with Tail Glow, while Magic Bounce allows him to switch into Stealth Rockers/Spikers/Toxic Spikers/Etc and stop their setup cold in its tracks. There is still the problem of his middling defenses, though. Hmm...

Neiteio

When us Pokefans make a new thread and aren't sure if it's relevant, instead of saying "lock if old," we should say "Sawk if Throh," to the confusion of everyone else.

I love those guys.

Ahem... I was browsing Pokedex 3D Pro earlier and found myself really digging this guy:

sceptile.jpg

I never really gave Sceptile the time of day before -- I was a Swampert man myself -- but looking over Sceptile from all angles, I really love his design -- the contours of his head, the line running down his neck, the orbs on his back, the fern-like tail, etc. His pokedex says he is "without peer in jungle combat," which is boss.

Stage On

So what are the odds they introduce a new Eevee form in the league to promote gen 6?

*sigh* At least Ash losing to two legendarily made him look like a badass

So....think we're going to see the Johto Battle Frontier next?

Or even better, how about an arc involving the Pokemon Colosseum story!

I don't care how old it is I just want Shadow Pokemon to be involved in the anime in some way or form.

Neiteio

So I was at Smogon, reading up on this fine bivalve...

091Cloyster.png

...when I learned of the OU sweeper set involving Skill Link with Shell Break, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast and Hydro Pump.

Shell Break lowers Defense and Special Defense by one, and increases Attack, Special Attack and Speed by two...

Skill Link guarantees multi-hit moves will deliver the maximum number of hits, so Icicle Spear and Rock Blast will hit five times, 100 percent of the time...

That means Icicle Spear and Rock Blast are effectively 125 base power... In Icicle Spear's case, 125 base power, 100 percent accurate, and STAB...

Now raise their power an additional two levels... And mix in a +2 Hydro Pump...

tumblr_mdus3nn2VA1rpx76d.jpg

Stage On

They could always, you know, do the story of either black/white or black2/white 2 or both.

That would require introducing Team Plasma and I don't think they have the balls to do that now after they canceled the whole Team Rocket vs Team Plasma thing

They could always, you know, do the story of either black/white or black2/white 2 or both.

Having Plasma play some role in the filler saga wouldn't surprise me, but I think it's a bit late in the day to be adapting the plot of the games. That'd be an attempt at a narrative arc that the series simply hasn't pulled off before.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just tried out Own Tempo Lilligant with Sleep Powder/Quiver Dance/Petal Dance/Dream Eater. So good.

Lilligant >>>>>>>>>>>>> Whimsicott

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Then Generation V will be really freaking short even counting Japan, no?

Well not really the gen itself, but a teaser mon, like Zorua and such.

With that said en V is the only Pokemon that didn't do a "teaser" Pokemon in the anime/manga right? II had Togepi and Marill, III had Blaziken (and Azurill I think), IV had Munchlax, Mime Jr., Bonsly, Lucario, and Manaphy.

Also I don't want RSE :mad:

Hmm, so I went into PokeGAF IRC today, and something's funky.

Namely, someone took my nick and went along with it - registering it. Let's hope that the person isn't a PokeGAF IRC user...

Guess I can't be cute there now.

LeleSocho

Banned
Short story: A guy reprograms Pokemon Yellow... inside Pokemon Yellow.

Long story: Through depositing, withdrawing, selling, and tossing items, he writes a bootstrap program that lets him write a larger program which lets him... well you should see what happens o_O

In any case, this is worth watching to the end, it's amazing (though it's manipulating items for like the first 11 minutes, fair warning).

Details about the hack here.

is that my little pony theme?

Top Bottom