• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Busaiku

You know, I think they'll follow the N path like Black/White.
Team Plasma will interrupt the Pokemon League, and it'll basically be cancelled.

And then Ash will have to get 8 badges again, cause the League'll be back next year.
And then Cheren will be there as a gym leader and he confronts Marlon and Drayden/Iris as well, or something.

That's how they'll extend it to the next generation.

Neiteio

OK guys, Flavor of the Week is Conkeldurr. Nothing beats a veiny murder-clown with concrete walking sticks!

I'm also on a Sceptile and Donphan kick.

How about you guys? Which 'mon's on your mind?

ffdgh

gardevoir is a guy 50% of the time tho
KuGsj.gif

OK guys, Flavor of the Week is Conkeldurr. Nothing beats a veiny murder-clown with concrete walking sticks!

I'm also on a Sceptile and Donphan kick.

How about you guys? Which 'mon's on your mind?

Poppycock! Everyone knows who would win a fight between Conk and Scrafty; why you posted proof yourself!

gardevoir is a blank 50% of the time tho
KuGsj.gif

Careful, now. I think your terminology is bannable.

Stage On

You know, I think they'll follow the N path like Black/White.
Team Plasma will interrupt the Pokemon League, and it'll basically be cancelled.

And then Ash will have to get 8 badges again, cause the League'll be back next year.
And then Cheren will be there as a gym leader and he confronts Marlon and Drayden/Iris as well, or something.

That's how they'll extend it to the next generation.

Frick Yes N is in the house.

And you know considering how crappy this league has been I wouldn't mind if they interrupt it. That would be way better then just having Ash lose to a bunch of Eevee's

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hm after looking at Farfetch'd's origins, yeah giving it an evo would be distressing. It counteracts the whole point of it.

Now Dunsparce, whose origin definitely matches the "I should be a dragon" motif...

Neiteio

Poppycock! Everyone knows who would win a fight between Conk and Scrafty; why you posted proof yourself!
What that pic -didn't- show you is Conkeldurr then pancaked Scrafty with the -other- pillar.

Hm after looking at Farfetch'd's origins, yeah giving it an evo would be distressing. It counteracts the whole point of it.

Now Dunsparce, whose origin definitely matches the "I should be a dragon" motif...
Why wouldn't a Farfetch'd evo make sense? Also, I like your Dunsparce idea -- maybe make the evo the first Normal/Dragon mix.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why wouldn't a Farfetch'd evo make sense? Also, I like your Dunsparce idea -- maybe make the evo the first Normal/Dragon mix.

Farfetch'd relies on its parable. "You're a sucker waiting to be victimized" is the point of it (hence why you're suckered in to trade a spearow to a farfetch'd because you think it's useful because it's rare). Hell, that's why its name is Farfetch'd.

Busaiku

Farfetch'd relies on its parable. "You're a sucker waiting to be victimized" is the point of it (hence why you're suckered in to trade a spearow to a farfetch'd because you think it's useful because it's rare). Hell, that's why its name is Farfetch'd.

I doubt Gamefreak really cares about that when they named it Duck Leek.

Stage On

All this talk about Farfetch'd is making me want to see it show up in the Anime again. It's gotten so little screen time being featured again wouldn't hurt

MikeMyers

Reading the D/P analysis on Smogon, WTF at some of these.

For example:

Grass and Electric Arceus resist Water Arceus's STAB

Um, Electric doesn't resist Water.

or on the DD/Rest/Sleep Talk/Waterfall Gyarados set
While RestTalk Roar Gyarados should only be used on stall teams with lots of entry hazards, this version plays nicely on any team looking for a solid mixed wall. Instead of Roaring out your opponents, this Gyarados threatens to set up against them and clean up their team. Forgoing Attack and investing in both defenses lets Gyarados set up against Pokemon who would otherwise be considered counters, such as Celebi, Empoleon, Swampert (without Roar), and Vaporeon (without Hidden Power Electric).

lol what? You can set up on Vaperon but its useless as Vaperon is immune to all attacking moves on that set.

Now, I'm thinking of something...

A Haxorus is 1.8 m. Given that whether head-to-tail or head-to-feet is unspecified, if the measurement were to be the latter, then it means the average human teen would be taller than the average Haxorus. Or a grandma. Haxorus have really long tails.

picture.php

What was all this talk about a Gen VI Pokemon being revealed soon? Baseless speculation?

People extrapolating the patterns from previous generations, mainly, what with the fact that all the Pokemon thus far have been revealed, and there's nothing for the traditional February reveal, along with some speculation that they're going to have a Gen VI Pokemon to knock Ash out of the League.

I'm expecting something in February, myself.

Top Bottom