• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Ah, Flareon and Yui... pairing the useless ones. How clever.

8es1v.gif

Neiteio

Farfetch'd relies on its parable. "You're a sucker waiting to be victimized" is the point of it (hence why you're suckered in to trade a spearow to a farfetch'd because you think it's useful because it's rare). Hell, that's why its name is Farfetch'd.
I think it's just call "Farfetch'd" since it's farfetched for a duck to wield a leek as a weapon. It's just a weird bird, basically. An evolution named "Absurd" could be even weirder!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We already have two Journey to the West Fire type starters so you think we'll get one in gen VI? The monk or the thief?

I think it's just call "Farfetch'd" since it's farfetched for a duck to wield a leek as a weapon. It's just a weird bird, basically. An evolution named "Absurd" could be even weirder!

Nah it fits. "Too good to be true" - hence farfetched.

Neiteio

Nah it fits. "Too good to be true" - hence farfetched.
I think that's a poor reason to keep Farfetch'd from having an evolution. Make it difficult for him to evolve if you must, and thus still not what someone would've expected in this alleged trade scenario (which I'm not sure 99 percent of people pick up on anyway), but still allow him to evolve somehow into something farfetched in its own right, by comparison. :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, people are saying we might be getting a new Eeveelution.

The new dude in the Pokemon Anime who will probably beat Ash in the league has a whole team of Eevee and its Evolutions, and there's a couple of merchandise next month coming out with a big ol "?" among the other Eevees.

Dude's Eevee will probably evolve and beat Ash like Blaziken did in Johto.

backlot

or on the DD/Rest/Sleep Talk/Waterfall Gyarados set

lol what? You can set up on Vaperon but its useless as Vaperon is immune to all attacking moves on that set.

It's a stall team. Gyarados doesn't have to sweep through Vaporeon it just has to be annoying and waste time.

Hmm... probably no chance that it'd be something like Spiky-Eared Pichu, given that it's the end of the gen.

I wonder how that Eevee would evolve in-battle if it's gonna be a Dragon evo, given that there aren't any stones of the like anywhere around. Unless the Dragon Scale is gonna be repurposed.

What are the chances that it'd be a regular evolution to Eevee?

Stage On

So, people are saying we might be getting a new Eeveelution.

The new dude in the Pokemon Anime who will probably beat Ash in the league has a whole team of Eevee and its Evolutions, and there's a couple of merchandise next month coming out with a big ol "?" among the other Eevees.

Dude's Eevee will probably evolve and beat Ash like Blaziken did in Johto.

That's the only condition I'd accept Ash losing under. Thought it would be even better if the dude's Eevee evolved and Ash held his own well only for Team Plasma to interrupt the battle leaving it inconclusive.

Do you have a link to the merchandise? I'd heard the theory, but I hadn't heard that.

Watch Da Birdie

These postcards coming next week:
fin7h.jpg

This little thing also has a conspicuously empty room:

Fp3FL.jpg

Next week in Japan, the eight, they're announcing "something" in the Anime too. Probably about the upcoming N Episode, but people are thinking it might be related to this as well.

And there's been a lot of Eevee-stuff going around lately. In the show, in Mysterious Dungeon 3DS, and there's a Eevee-only Tournament going on in Japan for B2/W2.

I hate Eevee though, to be honest.

Watch Da Birdie

Some people are saying it's a LIGHT TYPE.

There's a rumor that's been going around websites, Bulbagarden (where I saw this), and it was posted on GAF the other day about future games. One of them mentions a new Pokemon game being in development for the 3DS with a "new type, the first since Gold and Silver".

Neiteio

Whoa, holy shit, a new type? Well, I guess since there are 17 types, that would bring us to a nice even number. And yes, an Eevolution would be an appropriate way to introduce it. Can someone post the text of these alleged rumors?

There's a rumor that's been going around websites, Bulbagarden (where I saw this), and it was posted on GAF the other day about future games. One of them mentions a new Pokemon game being in development for the 3DS with a "new type, the first since Gold and Silver".

That's the rumour that claims to have in-depth knowledge of the moves of all the main companies in the business for the next two years.

I wouldn't place too much stock in it.

Those Eeveelution cards are pretty compelling, although I can't help but think Coro Coro would have already mentioned it if we were seeing a new Pokemon next week.

Neiteio

To add to that, Ice should resist it.

Hopefully this new type will resist dragon and be weak to poison.

Hmm... Light type seems like the most unoriginal new type they could possibly come up with, and it's so obvious alongside "Dark." Mind you, electricity is light, soooooo... But regardless, with the right execution, anything could work, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility, and I'd have no trouble embracing it. :)

So, even though it sounds like this rumor has its roots in a site that thrives on bullshit, let's just entertain the notion it's real... Ice could resist it, since ice refracts light. Grass could resist it, since Grass needs more advantages, and plants absorb light... It would be strong against Dark-types, naturally... Let's say it's strong against Dragons, as well, for more options against the many strong Dragon-types. I suppose you could say Poison trumps Light because... Uh... Well, whatever, as long as it's balanced!

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, a "Light-type Eevee Evolution" would literally be the most Sonichu Pokemon ever...besides Sonichu.

The kind of Pokemon 14 year olds eat up.

For the record, I think the new Eeveelution is a STRONG possibility, but the game rumor is obviously fake (well, most likely) and it shouldn't lead anyone to disbelieve the Eevee Evolution theory which is supported by actual Pokemon Products.

The rumor mentioned the Yoshi Land Wii U and Donkey Kong 3DS though, so I wouldn't mind it...

Watch Da Birdie

Gloweon
Brighteon
Flasheon
Lustreon
Phosphoresceon
Radieon
Resplendeon
Scintillanteon
Sunneon

All those names suck.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Another eeveelution, another useless mon :p

Though I guess it would not be as terrible as Flareon

I think that's a poor reason to keep Farfetch'd from having an evolution. Make it difficult for him to evolve if you must, and thus still not what someone would've expected in this alleged trade scenario (which I'm not sure 99 percent of people pick up on anyway), but still allow him to evolve somehow into something farfetched in its own right, by comparison. :)

Now that I think about it...

...give it an evo... but don't remove its uselessness! It fits the parable! Finally, it can evolve - surely it'd be more useful! ...not!

Now that I think about it...

...give it an evo... but don't remove its uselessness! It fits the parable! Finally, it can evolve - surely it'd be more useful! ...not!
Better yet, make it evolve the same way Shelmet and Karrablast do (that is, make it evolve only when traded for some specific other Pokemon, which also causes it to evolve), only with some new counterpart that actually does turn into something awesome when it's traded and evolved. Would fit perfectly.

Also, speaking of evolution, I totally need these posters Fangamer added recently~
http://www.fangamer.net/products/studies-in-evolution

Neiteio

Hey, anyone have any links to some really great BW1/BW2 Pokemon battles on YouTube? I'm talking like straight-up dawg time hardcore competitive shit. Preferably one with normal text speed so I can process what's happening, lol.

Stage On

Aw man if it's a light type or whatever we still have tons of other types that won't have an Eevee evolution yet which sucks! The thing is the evolution Pokemon for crying out loud it should have one for every type!

Top Bottom