• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

cEJTW.jpg

Macka

Stealth Rock should have been nerfed in Gen V.

It's an easy fix too; make it a normal type move. The rock typing just makes so many Pokemon unusable.

It's an easy fix too; make it a normal type move. The rock typing just makes so many Pokemon unusable.

Probably not normal otherwise it would seem silly that Gengar, Mismagius and Drifblim of all things is immune to all three kinds of entry hazards.

Keeping the typing wouldn't be a bad thing but I would say lower the percentage of your HP that gets taken off once you start taking into accounts weaknesses and double weaknesses. Or cap the total percent of HP that can be taken off due to Stealth Rocks.

Probably not normal otherwise it would seem silly that Gengar, Mismagius and Drifblim of all things is immune to all three kinds of entry hazards.

Keeping the typing wouldn't be a bad thing but I would say lower the percentage of your HP that gets taken off once you start taking into accounts weaknesses and double weaknesses. Or cap the total percent of HP that can be taken off due to Stealth Rocks.

Imagine how painful if merely entering the scene cut your HP in half.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Battle Institute is the most bullshit thing ever.

"We're gonna toss you a bunch of mons with insane stats and advantages over you and at the final match we're gonna make you face legendaries!"

And from what I gathered, it's pretty pointless.

PK Gaming

Hey Pokegaf, long time no see

I'm finally going to get my hands on Pkmn White 2 soon. It's looking like i'll buy it today or tomorrow.

I have a few questions:
1. How early can I catch Axew?
-I don't really want to trade one because of boost EXP, but if I can only get one mid-lategame its not worth it.
2. How early can I catch Aron?
-same question
3. I heard that someone just gives you a Zorua in BW2. Can I count one of you guys to receive my Zorua, teach it Dark Pulse and trade it back?

Potential final lineup to look like so:
Zoroark / Haxorus / Breloom / Aggron / Swellow / Emboar

Hey Pokegaf, long time no see

I'm finally going to get my hands on Pkmn White 2 soon. It's looking like i'll buy it today or tomorrow.

I have a few questions:
1. How early can I catch Axew?
-I don't really want to trade one because of boost EXP, but if I can only get one mid-lategame its not worth it.
2. How early can I catch Aron?
-same question
3. I heard that someone just gives you a Zorua in BW2. Can I count one of you guys to receive my Zorua, teach it Dark Pulse and trade it back?

Potential final lineup to look like so:
Zoroark / Haxorus / Breloom / Aggron / Swellow / Emboar

Welcome back!

You can find Axew and Aron in the same place (Mistralton Cave), which is accessable off of Route 6 just after the fifth badge. Zorua is also received as a gift at around the same time. If you want, I can take it and teach it the ways of the Dark Pulse after you have one.

PK Gaming

Welcome back!

You can find Axew and Aron in the same place (Mistralton Cave), which is accessable off of Route 6 just after the fifth badge. Zorua is also received as a gift at around the same time. If you want, I can take it and teach it the ways of the Dark Pulse after you have one.

cripes 5th badge? That's a little too late for me :|

I guess i'll try and see if I can transfer (N's) Zorua, Taillow, Axew, Aron and Shroomish at a low level. The OCD complex in me wants them to have good natures / ivs, so it might take a while hahaha. Then again, if it shows up at level 25 that might be a problem too. Perhaps I can get someone to breed me a Zorua with Night Daze...

Stage On

Or maybe making a move that guards against enters hazard. Call it guard zone or something

Also you could have Reflect work against it to reduce the damage taken by 50%

You guys are creepy.

I think it's safe to say that the only non-creepy people here are me and Ike.

*goes to write next installment in movie series*

Also, has anyone seen Kokonoe and tiggerkiddo around? They haven't visited in a while, and I seem to recall one of Kokonoe's last posts being that she didn't enjoy this series anymore :/

Neiteio

CHANGING GEARS NOW:

I'm thinking about making a Sand Stream team. With Tyranitar AND Hippowdon -- two weather inducers in case one goes down. And Sand Rush Stoutland (boosts Speed to pre-Speed Boost Ninjask levels while in Sandstorm) and Sand Veil Donphan (20% evade boost during Sandstorm). And Skill Link Cloyster, abusing the Shell Smash/STAB 5-hit-guaranteed Icicle Spear combo. And Conkeldurr, leaning toward Iron Fist/Bulk Up-boosted Drain Punch and Mach Punch over the Flame Orb/Guts combo, since Burn + Sandstorm damage is a bit much, and with Leftovers I can negate Sandstorm, at least. I'm thinking Stone Edge for the fourth option, to strike down Flying-types. Possible alternates are Stall Gliscor, with Poison Heal/Toxic Orb, healing himself with Poison status, while hiding behind Substitute and setting up Protect... and Rotom-W, for some added coverage. Hmm... (And yes I'm aware Donphan may seem redundant, but I think he could be a solid hard-to-hit sweeper while Hippowdon focuses more on walling with Slack Off, Stealth Rock, etc.)

balddemon

Banned
no, i think most people in this thread are weird as hell
it's good comedy, and i only read it because i like pokemon
but half the time , the discussion is not about pokemon, it's about feet
and some weird shit has been said about feet.
i hate feet.

just my two cents.

Stage On

I think it's safe to say that the only non-creepy people here are me and Ike.

Who are you calling creepy!!

I added a Scraggy to my team to raise just because of you! (Or I will raise it once I'm done with Harvest moon which is consuming all my game time) and this is how you repay me?

Who are you calling creepy!!

I added a Scraggy to my team to raise just because of you! (Or I will raise it once I'm done with Harvest moon which is consuming all my game time) and this is how you repay me?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Very few of you are actually creepy.

Boss Doggie

Oh, anyone got more fanart that resembles the "Church of Arceus"-style of art (i.e. Pokemon, particularly Arceus and its ilk, depicted in church art)? I only saw the Last Supper of Arceus.

balddemon

Banned
so i'm playing through heart gold, when i decide to go try some PWT on black 2.

then i realize something: why did the creators of black 2 take out auto run, the ability to move along conversations and stuff by tapping the touch screen, and most importantly, the L=A option??? those 3 things would make each game infinitely better and easier to play.

Boss Doggie

I can crop those two off lol

Hmm I also recall seeing a GenIV-age church of arceus art but the style is more subdued (i.e. looks like traditional Japanese/flat colors art).

Top Bottom