• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I'll just assume it's you then.

He uses it to secretly vent his hatred for Scrafty.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41763732#post41763732

HDz4B.jpg

I haven't played my copy of Pokemon Black I got at launch (I'll be sure to play it at some point), but as I was looking for Pokemon Black and White Version 2 guides, I saw that there was two guides for version 1? I got the hard cover one, does this cover both or do I need the second one?

Normally they release two guides for the generation. The first usually helps to clear Story Mode, and the other is for all the post-game content.

Stage On

Normally they release two guides for the generation. The first usually helps to clear Story Mode, and the other is for all the post-game content.

For Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 you really only need the first guide to get all the game content.

The second guide is pretty much nothing more then a glorified Pokedex.

The only time the Second guide was actually really useful was for Heart Gold/Soul Silver since it covers all of Kanto.

For Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 you really only need the first guide to get all the game content.

The second guide is pretty much nothing more then a glorified Pokedex.

The only time the Second guide was actually really useful was for Heart Gold/Soul Silver since it covers all of Kanto.

I will say the cover for the Pokedex for Black/White 2 looks really nice at least.

Slermy

I asked this in the main Black2/White2 thread, but this one is more active. What's the general concensus on Dream Radar? Worth it? Is it fun in its own right, or just a means to an end for the formes? I have to imagine they'll be available down the line some other way as well.

I asked this in the main Black2/White2 thread, but this one is more active. What's the general concensus on Dream Radar? Worth it? Is it fun in its own right, or just a means to an end for the formes? I have to imagine they'll be available down the line some other way as well.

It's... debatable. I got the Therian formes, and it wasn't a bad experience, but it really is incredibly thin.

I went for it, but I'm the sort of sap who would, so it's up to you.

backlot

If you arent playing by Smogon rules, you can try out Sand Veil Garchomp for hax.

If you're open to changes I might also suggest looking into some special attackers. You don't necessarily need them but the team seems pretty stacked in the physical department.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you're open to changes I might also suggest looking into some special attackers. You don't necessarily need them but the team seems pretty stacked in the physical department.

For reals, a good physical wall would crush that team. Sand Veil Gliscor w/ Ice Fang > most of that.

Neiteio

I actually picked those six because I like them conceptually/aesthetically -- the fact they have some chemistry as a sand team was sort of a happy coincidence. :)

I have no idea what moves Tyranitar would have. Hippowdon would probably have Stealth Rock, Whirlwind, Slack Off and Earthquake -- lay the rocks, Whirlwind 'em for residual damage, STAB Earthquake anything not flying/levitating and Slack Off to restore HP.

(As an aside, I've really warmed up to Hippowdon's design. I like the body ports expelling sand, and the way his feet resemble hydraulic shocks, as though to support his weight.)

But yeah, back to the team: T-tar and Hippo bring in the sand with Sand Stream -- both weather inducers, in case one gets shut down. Sand powers up T-tar's Sp. Def (iirc), being a Rock-type and all. It also deals 1/16 HP residual damage each turn unless the Pokemon is a Rock, Ground or Steel-type. And for Stoutland and Donphan...

Stoutland moves twice as fast in a sandstorm thanks to Sand Rush, allowing him to outrun the unboosted OU metagame. Donphan receives an 20 percent evasion boost thanks to Sand Veil (I've read that it's actually 25 percent, in effect, but I can't recall the reason). Stoutland would provide coverage, though I don't know which moves -- Return would be one. And then Donphan would be a Rapid Spin user with Ice Shard.

Then for Cloyster, I'm thinking Shell Break to lower defenses by one and raise Attack and Sp. Attack by two, and then proceeding to sweep with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast -- each guaranteed five hits thanks to Skill Link, for an effective 125 base power, with STAB and 100 percent accuracy, in Icicle Spear's case. Hydro Pump rounds it out.

Finally, for Conkeldurr, I'm thinking Iron Fist-boosted Drain Punch (to restore HP) and Mach Punch (for priority), both STAB, as well as Bulk Up to boost them further, and Stone Edge to deal with Flying-types. Leftovers would negate Sandstorm damage. I thought about the Flame Orb/Guts combo as a Bulk Up substitute but Burn + Sandstorm damage might be a bit much...

But yeah... It's a physically stacked team, vulnerable to physical walls, and I could probably use more coverage options. Most people wouldn't put Donphan and Hippowdon on the same team... But I love 'em! Most people would also probably shy away from two weather inducers, but I think it's best in order to keep rain and sun out of play.

I was thinking about Gliscor with the Toxic Orb and Poison Heal, giving himself status immunity and HP restoration. Then maybe he could set up Protect, followed by Substitute, and bide his time while poisoning foes with Toxic. It could add up with Sandstorm in effect, but such stall tactics don't quite match the tempo of the rest of the team.

I also think Rotom-W might be a good alternative to Cloyster, perhaps, but I don't know what I'd teach him.

It might be unconventional but you could always have your Tyranitar as a special sweeper with Choice Specs to catch stuff off guard.

backlot

A lot of Tyranitar already run Ice Beam and Fire Blast so using special attacks isn't totally unheard of.

If you do decide to use Rotom though, I'll just say that I use Hydro Pump, Volt Change, Will o Wisp and Pain Split and I like it a lot.

Korosenai

My current team (not based on anything really, they're just my favorites):

635.gif
094.gif
473.gif
212.gif
121.gif
468.gif

I also have a
272.gif
I use if I don't want to use Starmie.

Future pokemon that I want to add to my team:

196.gif
257.gif

Stage On

It's only like $3 so it's not like you can really go wrong with it

Stage On

It's too bad the new Mystery dungeon is so limited, I was slightly excited for it but now I'm just going to skip it.

It would be like if they made a new conquest game only for it to have less Pokemon in it then the original. Totally lame.

Well, with all the bad news about the new game, I'm not so sure whether I want it. On the other hand, hnnnnnnnnnnng Axew

In other news, HarmoKnight is NA-bound

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It doesn't matter because you can't play as Scraggy :(

It's also a sham because it includes less than a third of all available Pokémon.

Wait, not all pokemon are in? wtf

Also Axew is really lucky, first pseudolegendary who got "big", though I guess Gible was close enough

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No he isn't. Gen IV pseudo is Garchomp line.

And by big I mean being part of the cute gang.

Although I guess Axew isn't a pseudolegendary despite being full dragon because he evolves earlier.

Top Bottom