• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

o5cMv.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503556

Another day, another "recommend me a Pokémon game!" thread. Slightly different premise, exact same conclusions.

1998 must be the last time you played a Pokémon game if that is your serious recommendation for new players.

We need to design a bot that insta-replies PLAY THE NEWEST ONES BEEP BOOP and autolocks the thread the instant it's made.

Then we can all be happy and blissfully ignorant of genwunners.

Except your wrong about 2 things, Emerald and Platinum are both really good games

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d1ed478fa9676d8e96131a1e7391e987/tumblr_mes5nmn0TW1rk32zeo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Ugh; I don't know why, but this type of Pokémon picture always rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's just a bit too saccharine for my tastes.

Also, Wiseblade making a thread about how awesome Space Jam is and then shutting down genwunners/suggesting BW in today's suggestion thread? He's on a roll!

Wiseblade

Ugh; I don't know why, but this type of Pokémon picture always rubs me the wrong way. I guess it's just a bit too saccharine for my tastes.

Also, Wiseblade making a thread about how awesome Space Jam is and then shutting down genwunners/suggesting BW in today's suggestion thread? He's on a roll!

ibkg3z8ws8YV36.gif

exhume

Hello Pokégaf! I have a question. A pal recently traded a Darkrai of his for my event Genesect and I got to wondering if it was legit or not. It's level 70, in a Master ball, and the OT is "Evan". Now this friend of mine is a reliable dude but other traders on the internet aren't necessarily, and I don't even remember when the last Darkrai event here (in Australia) was. Anyone have any info?

Hello Pokégaf! I have a question. A pal recently traded a Darkrai of his for my event Genesect and I got to wondering if it was legit or not. It's level 70, in a Master ball, and the OT is "Evan". Now this friend of mine is a reliable dude but other traders on the internet aren't necessarily, and I don't even remember when the last Darkrai event here (in Australia) was. Anyone have any info?

If you upload a Pokémon to Pokécheck, it will give you a good idea if it is legit or not.

I think for it to be in a Master Ball with a person's OT, it would have to be from the Platinum event when you got the Member Card. Otherwise it's probably fake.

MikeMyers

So if I get Heart Gold, can I trade from Platinum -> Heart Gold straight away, or do I have tow ay until I beat the game?

I wanna trade Vulpix and Phanpy over.

Stage On

So if I get Heart Gold, can I trade from Platinum -> Heart Gold straight away, or do I have tow ay until I beat the game?

I wanna trade Vulpix and Phanpy over.

Honestly I'm not sure, I didn't have two systems to trade with until I got to the post game on both of them.

This is Pokemon, Saccharine is pretty much par for the course most of the time.

Eh, I guess these are to me what Christmas songs are to you. I've just seen so many of 'em that I'm really sick of them.

Plus, the "can't we all just get along?" message falls on deaf ears to me. I've been embittered by the world; and I know firsthand that we can't "all just get along."

Stage On

Eh, I guess these are to me what Christmas songs are to you. I've just seen so many of 'em that I'm really sick of them.

Plus, the "can't we all just get along?" message falls on deaf ears to me. I've been embittered by the world; and I know firsthand that we can't "all just get along."

Can we at least all agree to stop fighting tooth and nail over which generation is best? That happens way way too much

PK Gaming

Righto.

GEN V IS BEST GEN

I agree completely

Gen V has the largest % of "awesome pokemon" over any other gen

EX:

(note: when i mention any given pokemon i also include its evolutionary line)
(the pokemon i leave aren't necessarily bad, they just fail to pass the minimum awesome requirement)

-Victini
-Starters
-Stoutland
-Monkeys
-Unfezant
-Zebstrika
-Swoobat
-Excadrill
-Conkeldurr
-Scolipede
-Liligant
-Krookodile
-Darmanitan
-Scrafty
-Siggy
-Cofagrigus
-Carracosta
-Archeops
-Zoroark
-Reuniclus
-Sawsbuck
-Escavalier
-Jellicent
-Galvantula
-Ferrothorn
-Eelektross
-Chandelure
-HAXORUS
-Accelgor
-Mienshao
-Druddigon
-Golurk
-Whimsicott!
-Pawniard
-Bouffalent
-Braviary
-Mandibuzz
-Heatmor
-Durant
-Hydreigon
-Volcorona
-Fighting trio
-Genie trio
-Keldeo
-Reshiram
-Zekrom
-Kyurem-W / Kyurem-B
-Meloetta
-Genesect

(these are all of the Pokemon in gen V I would strongly using on any of my teams)

You know Gen V is great when more than half of your Pokemon in your gen is filled to the brim with awesome Pokemon. I know this is entirely subjective
(how DARE you forgot pokemon X OR how DARE you include Pokemon Y) but you've gotta admit, Gen V has A LOT of great Pokemon. Not trying to downplay the other gens, but they don't nearly have as much "great" Pokemon imo (hell, even the fabled gen I comes short for me)

Point is, I grew up with generation I, but I haven't let nostalgia cloud my judgement:

Gen

V

rules

I agree completely

Gen V has the largest % of "awesome pokemon" over any other gen

You know Gen V is great when more than half of your Pokemon in your gen is filled to the brim with awesome Pokemon. I know this is entirely subjective
(how DARE you forgot pokemon X OR how DARE you include Pokemon Y) but you've gotta admit, Gen V has A LOT of great Pokemon. Not trying to downplay the other gens, but they don't nearly have as much "great" Pokemon imo (hell, even the fabled gen I comes short for me)

Point is, I grew up with generation I, but I haven't let nostalgia cloud my judgement:

Gen

V

rules

My god

I really am your clone.

tumblr_ll8y45LHj41qfz5j8o1_500.png

Top Bottom