• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Busaiku

Fun fact. If a shiny zoroark is color inverted, it kinda matches N's colors.

juiyzoBoZ6UrU.png
Spr_B2W2_N.png

This changes everything.

Maybe. If you like amateur "dark" stories :p

I prefer Savers and Xros Wars. Adventure is for nostalgia and sexy mons.

Tamers was waaaaaaaaaay better than Xros Wars in terms of characterisation and plot, with Savers as the runner-up for its pure awesomeness and copious punching of Digimon.

PK Gaming

I do need a Christmas hat, though.

Anyone think N is Zoroark?

Yeah i've heard about that theory before. It stands well on its own, but it can't invalidates... like the entirety of N's character (an orphan who lived with Pokemon and had the ability to communicate w/ them / also being a misguided leader who thought their primary goal was to liberate Pokemon from humans.)

and Tamers is a goddamn masterpiece, it's a legitimately good anime.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
hey....atlease its not surprisingly as slow as naruto shippuden...a filler during a war is...baffling.

It's also probably a little better than Bleach, but these comparison's really aren't doing it any favors.

It's also probably a little better than Bleach, but these comparison's really aren't doing it any favors.

Bleach became crap the moment it turned into nothing but a series of super-powered one-upsmanship and Aizen kept randomly pulling new powers out of his butt.

At least Naruto has Kirabi to keep things interesting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tamers was waaaaaaaaaay better than Xros Wars in terms of characterisation and plot, with Savers as the runner-up for its pure awesomeness and copious punching of Digimon.

Nah, Xros Wars utilized digimon much better and didn't have dumb character, and the plot wasn't a lame attempt at being dark.

ffdgh

Gotta agree with boss. Xros hearts was awesome for a non digimon fas as myself. love the characters.

Tamers was......meh.

Stage On

I think I miss my plushies back in the other home now. Should I have brought the evil Victini along for the ride?

I know what you mean, my mom is fixing the home made Pikachu she made for me a few years back since it had a small hole in the back and it's driving me crazy not having it when I go to sleep

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One of the most beloved seasons of the Digimon anime, but also the one infamous for introducing the world to Renamon.
If you ever though Lucario or other Pokemon furies where bad just google Renamon furies... But don't say I didn't warn you.

You silly people forget WereGarurumon (<3) Leomon and the like.

It's like you people forget Arcanine, Mewtwo, Gardevoir and the like.

Your rage just empowers me, Azula!

Anth0ny

I've been rewatching Digimon with some friends lately. The pacing is hilariously bad but it's still better than the Pokemon anime.

Really? Rewatching Digimon a few years back, I thought the pacing was really good.

Then again, I'm a big DBZ/One Piece fan.

Firestorm

Yeah I've seen those Chet pics everywhere but would love to know the original source.
Really? Rewatching Digimon a few years back, I thought the pacing was really good.

Then again, I'm a big DBZ/One Piece fan.
I missed two episodes. It felt like I'd missed 12. What would take Dragon Ball Z 3 months is one day :p I think it gets better with Miyotismon arc though.

Stage On

Which is why us Xros Wars people tend to forget Young Hunters existed, much like Adventures people tend to forget 02's existence.

The only cool thing about Young hunters is the fact they had older characters from other Digimon shows show up but even that was handled fairly badly.

I mean you know you've screwed up pretty bad when something that should be that epic flops on it's face.

When it comes to many characters from various stories getting together Pokemon is really good at getting it right as proven in Pokemon Adventures when the main characters from several generations meet up. EPIC

Top Bottom