• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Gen VI? Wouldn't that be a little too soon? After all, gen V was announced in February of 2010, which was what, 4 years after DP? I think we'll get a gen VI announcement in 2014 (2013 at the earliest!)

Unless i'm mistaken...?
This assumes that Gen V follows the pattern that Gen IV set out. So far it simply hasn't, in terms of Pokemon reveals, RPG and spinoff releases, anime pacing or anything else.
Gen 6 isn't coming until 2014 guys.

Best we can hope for is several more eShop games like Harmoknight to pad out 2013 with. Which honestly would be pretty awesome.
If the next Gen isn't next year, then pretty much all of the franchise's moves within the past year, up to and including this new movie announcement, make precisely zero sense.

Why are you so sure of this, without referring to patterns?
To be honest right now I wouldnt mind the next game being in 2014 , gives me time to go back to bw2 and enjoy it more without the "the next game is coming out " feeling getting in my way. Also gives other games a chance to have my attention for a month(s).

We won't get it until 2014.

In the West, anyway.

Stage On

Best we can hope for is several more eShop games like Harmoknight to pad out 2013 with. Which honestly would be pretty awesome.

They can't strech Episode N out that long. It'll be 2013 at least in Japan anyhow, Likely around Sept/Oct while we get it in 2014 around February/March.

Anth0ny

Don't we get a mainline game every year? Whether it's a Yellow version, remake, or completely new gen?

Maybe Japanese/American release dates are messing with my head...

Don't we get a mainline game every year? Whether it's a Yellow version, remake, or completely new gen?

Maybe Japanese/American release dates are messing with my head...
We've tended to get three every four years.

2011 was a fallow year, so Andrex's thinking does rather baffle me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We've tended to get three every four years.

2011 was a fallow year, so Andrex's thinking does rather baffle me.

I just think new generations have always taken more time. It's entirely possible we'll get Gray 3DS or Black/White 3 or something I guess.

Oh yeah, speaking of the movie title - even though it's probably already been said, that space right under the logo is prime for some extra text, fufufu.

Will expect to get the full title later (hopefully there is one that reveals something ._.)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've seen this pointed out on other forums...

tpuOo.png

All the letters represent Eeveelutions, but there's an odd one out.

backlot

Is that little butterfly thing even a character? Maybe the star thing is supposed to be Espeon and the butterfly shape is just nothing.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is that little butterfly thing even a character? Maybe the star thing is supposed to be Espeon and the butterfly shape is just nothing.

That's what I think might be the case, but even then the butterfly has an eye-catching shape and color that makes me think it's supposed to represent something.

Plus the end character looks grey, not purple.

The first four characters are just Eevee.

イーブイ

I don't know what the second word after the butterfly is.

And of course the yellow letters are Pikachu. ピカチュウ

I doubt the butterfly represents anything. Just for decoration.

"Friends"

That is, the title is "Pikachu and Eevee Friends" (ピカチュウとイーブイフレンズ)

Stage On

I don't understand why we are getting this sudden Eevee push if it isn't getting a new evolution. I mean it's pretty odd for them to premote an older Pokemon like this unless it has something new to bring to the table.

Firestorm

I don't understand why we are getting this sudden Eevee push if it isn't getting a new evolution. I mean it's pretty odd for them to premote an older Pokemon like this unless it has something new to bring to the table.
Eevee merch is a huge seller. I believe it's an annual thing.

I just think new generations have always taken more time. It's entirely possible we'll get Gray 3DS or Black/White 3 or something I guess.

Not really. Diamond and Pearl came out the year after Emerald, and Black and White came out the year after HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Black and White 3 aren't going to happen because DS development is even more dead than it was when we were having these discussions last year, and Grey 3DS isn't happening for the same reason that Black and White 2 were on the DS; compatibility.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh right, is anime!Bianca into pokemon bara? I keep seeing that gif of hers and that she also has an emboar

Not really. Diamond and Pearl came out the year after Emerald, and Black and White came out the year after HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Black and White 3 aren't going to happen because DS development is even more dead than it was when we were having these discussions last year, and Grey 3DS isn't happening for the same reason that Black and White 2 were on the DS; compatibility.

Unless Black and White 3 are actually Gen VI games, then anything goes.

Oh right, is anime!Bianca into pokemon bara? I keep seeing that gif of hers and that she also has an emboar

Bara?

Top Bottom