• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

ffdgh

The main thing that turned me off from young hunters, they replaced taiki, there was no plot until the end....and the new characters sucked....except gumdramon.

PK Gaming

They all share the same artstyle and backgrounds. Where are you getting these from?

Oh yeah, those were the drawings by hitec. I think he drew all 493 Pokemon and gave them a corresponding human partner (I think about 90% are female, with some male partners getting stuff like salamence)

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/index?tags=hitec

EDIT: The site is NSFW. The content is relatively clean but the site ads can be dirty

Oh yeah, those were the drawings by hitec. I think he drew all 493 Pokemon and gave them a corresponding human partner (I think about 90% are female, with some male partners getting stuff like salamence)

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/index?tags=hitec

Hm, cool. Bit of a strange hobby, but neat nonetheless.

I honestly think that Scrafty is one of those Pokémon who just doesn't look good anthropomorphized. It just seems to take away all of his charm and coolness.

ffdgh

....ok I love this <3.

d4838d66aa195ca4ceccd167fb28ef22.jpg

Aww It won't show? Its the buizel pic on the 2nd page

ffdgh

arcanine is too fluffy obviously...especially in that pic you posted... or maybe he just hates arcanine :D

And another thing...fanart always gets his chest wrong. Its completely black iirc

arcanine is too fluffy obviously...especially in that pic you posted... or maybe he just hates arcanine :D

And another thing...fanart always gets his chest wrong. Its completely black iirc

Yup! I'm impressed that you noticed. Very little fan art colors it correctly!

Stage On

Ha you won't catch me wearing a santa hat.

I'd almost be a Grinch if it wasn't for the fact I don't actively try and ruin other peoples Christmas.

At least with other holidays you can mostly avoid them if you want, not so with Christmas :(
Maybe if it was less in my face constantly I wouldn't mind it as much.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Whaaaat? I thought wolves/dogs/furry creatures in general were your thing.

My world view has been shattered. I even posted weird Arcanine art for you. :/

you'd be surprised :p

Hint: I don't like any Gen 1 mons if I view them the "furry" way.

It also looks like it transforms into a jet or a car. A transformer...

Also the Pikachu short with the movie is called Pikachu & Eevee Friends. Riding that Eevee train even then.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A lot of people noticed that Genesect's body looked capable of folding into another object, but I always thought it'd be a like a flying saucer or something.

But still, FUCK YEAH. Genesect is the coolest event Pokemon since Deoxys.

Watch Da Birdie

It's probably gonna be renamed into Gene Breaker.

Hahahahah the people expecting gen vi stuff

Whenever we've had a movie with new Pokemon (like 13), the new Pokemon weren't revealed till early next year after the poster.

There's still a likely chance, especially as pretty much EVERY film recently has had a second Pokemon added to the title around February.

Boss Doggie

Whenever we've had a movie with new Pokemon (like 13), the new Pokemon weren't revealed till early next year after the poster.

There's still a likely chance, especially as pretty much EVERY film recently has had a second Pokemon added to the title around February.
Hmm, true. Forgot about that.

Would be hilarious if it's Fire type.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, for example, Keldeo wasn't revealed till February to be in his movie...and the same with past Event Pokemon like Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

Boss Doggie

I really hope it's a Gen VI pokemon and not a Gen V one. Would be hilarious if we ended up seeing Volcarona.

ffdgh

Wait so......genesect possibly get a new form....that's exclusive to the future gen and team plasma made 2 genesects? seems legit.

It's probably gonna be renamed into Gene Breaker.

Hahahahah the people expecting gen vi stuff

I'm thoroughly expecting Gen VI still.

It'll be Extremespeed Genesect vs. Mystery Pokemon X by February, you mark my words.
Wait so......genesect possibly get a new form....that's exclusive to the future gen and team plasma made 2 genesects? seems legit.
Nah. It's a shiny, and we saw Genesect fold up into that shape in the trailer for the movie ages ago. It's how it flies.

EDIT: Wait, there's a Pikachu/ Eevee short? Oh, seriously, come on. :D

...I think that was pretty much my exact reaction when someone leaked it in a Media Create thread last year. >.<

I genuinely don't think we'll see another Unova game, though; all the plotlines have been neatly tied up, and there's basically no chance of any more DS games.

What if they're making a sequel for the sake of making a sequel? :3

Emitan

last night i had a dream Pokémon RSe was announced. It was sort of a total re imagining of Ruby and Sapphire (the "e" is for expansion)

Also it had two save slots ;~;

For me it'd be a Pokémon game that is on the DS, and yet during battles, it kept changing camera angles like an RPG trying to be cinematic in battles during the PS1 days.

Also, a talking Zorua as the protag.

Watch Da Birdie

I don't think it's actually a new form, Genesect just transforms its body (which it seems capable of from the concept art), like how Darkrai grew legs in Movie 10.

If we do get a true new Genesect Form, it'll probably be Ancient Genesect.

I just looked at my stats on White 2.

Over 100 hours and I have only 188 owned...

Well, looks like I'm going to spend a lot of time fixing the regional index then I'll tackle everything.

Does anyone still play the gen four games? Im getting soul silver in the mail and i would love a couple freebies as i dont have the meanz to trade with myself. Im intrrested in the following hatched eggs:

Turtwig
Chimchar
Staryu
Bagon
Larvitar
Togepi

My second priority would be natures. Would love them in this order: adamant, naive, timid, jolly/naive, jolly, and modest.

Third priority is if the bagon and larvitar could have dragon dance bred onto them.

I realize this is a lot. I do have black and white 2. I have a few lucky eggs, heart scales, shards etc. Its not much but yeah. Im eading to work so just pm if you wanna help me out.

PK Gaming

I'm thoroughly expecting Gen VI still.

It'll be Extremespeed Genesect vs. Mystery Pokemon X by February, you mark my words.

Nah. It's a shiny, and we saw Genesect fold up into that shape in the trailer for the movie ages ago. It's how it flies.

EDIT: Wait, there's a Pikachu/ Eevee short? Oh, seriously, come on. :D

Gen VI? Wouldn't that be a little too soon? After all, gen V was announced in February of 2010, which was what, 4 years after DP? I think we'll get a gen VI announcement in 2014 (2013 at the earliest!)

Unless i'm mistaken...?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gen 6 isn't coming until 2014 guys.

Best we can hope for is several more eShop games like Harmoknight to pad out 2013 with. Which honestly would be pretty awesome.

To be honest right now I wouldnt mind the next game being in 2014 , gives me time to go back to bw2 and enjoy it more without the "the next game is coming out " feeling getting in my way. Also gives other games a chance to have my attention for a month(s).

Top Bottom