• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Emitan

???

tumblr_m22rpwnv1Y1rt7pwho1_500.gif

tumblr_m2e553gpmm1qfyz1jo1_500.gif

lewd

Emitan

It's discrimination unless next season there is a character with a boob fetish.

Okay but seriously why does she have so many fetishes in a kid show?

It's discrimination unless next season there is a character with a boob fetish.
Hasn't been the same since Brock left. :(
Okay but seriously why does she have so many fetishes in a kid show?
Japan.
Pah! Vita people have gone through 6-7 threads now in like 10 months and I won't even mention the Halo thread.
It's understandable. Pokemon isn't on Simply The Most Desirable Handheld Ever Released.

TxdoHawk

Hey y'all. Hope you guys don't mind me asking this, since I didn't see a specific link to a Ruby thread in the OP:

I dug up a copy of Ruby in my room, want to take a crack at it, but I'm extremely ignorant on the franchise. Is there a page or two of general game advice out there somewhere? Not a whole walkthrough, I'm looking for a "if you know these things before starting your game, you'll have a better/easier time" sort of thing. Thanks!

Hey y'all. Hope you guys don't mind me asking this, since I didn't see a specific link to a Ruby thread in the OP:

I dug up a copy of Ruby in my room, want to take a crack at it, but I'm extremely ignorant on the franchise. Is there a page or two of general game advice out there somewhere? Not a whole walkthrough, I'm looking for a "if you know these things before starting your game, you'll have a better/easier time" sort of thing. Thanks!

Don't worry about your starter choice this time around - unlike earlier games the game is much more balanced. Just remember that what Attack stat is used depends purely on the attack's type itself in Gen III games, and if you went with Torchic, get it to be a Combusken before bothering with the first Gym.

The general rule regarding party layout for newer games apply here, too.

Don't be stingy with items, either. Try to avoid using direct contact moves on Pokémon with contact abilities.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pah! Vita people have gone through 6-7 threads now in like 10 months and I won't even mention the Halo thread.

No games to play equals plenty of time to post about how great their Vita is. I'm usually too busy raising mons to post here. Well that and work of course.

TxdoHawk

Don't worry about your starter choice this time around - unlike earlier games the game is much more balanced. Just remember that what Attack stat is used depends purely on the attack's type itself in Gen III games, and if you went with Torchic, get it to be a Combusken before bothering with the first Gym.

The general rule regarding party layout for newer games apply here, too.

Don't be stingy with items, either. Try to avoid using direct contact moves on Pokémon with contact abilities.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. What is the "general rule regarding party layout"?

Bianca always weirds me out. I finally got time to play the black 2 I bought on launch. I'm completely taken by it as always. I really like the music in Virbank City.

Stage On

Yeah, all the little quirks that she has now in the anime makes her a much better character.

Yes and thankfully they don't take any of that too far unlike with the headband guy who's so stupid that I outright hate him.

Bianca rocks! It's nice to finally have a fun female rival even if she doesn't win much
tumblr_m9y3cil4Th1qdeg6po1_r1_500.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
While I love Digimon, the best mon anime is definitely Monster Rancher.

...as long as we avoid the third "post-season" season.

Boss Doggie

Also I'm still wrapping my head around people putting GSC on top when it's barren and full of low leveled mooks.

I guess Genwunners cover Johto too.

I'm on Victory Road atm. Having to carry HM slaves into that area is retarded.

Also, having to wait till endgame to get access to the Pokemon Daycare/breeding is stupid.

Boss Doggie

Pretty expensive for a
shitty
mon.

I'm on Victory Road atm. Having to carry HM slaves into that area is retarded.

Also, having to wait till endgame to get access to the Pokemon Daycare/breeding is stupid.

I suggest bringing only driftloon and golduck for HM slaves, but yeah it's pretty stupid. Should've at least been just surf.

Yeah it's stupid. But I guess they didn't bother to move them. At least they make it up with Join Avenue.

3rd Gen's overworld is actually pretty good until you go beyond Lilycove and get inflicted with Ocean Madness.

I love gen 3's over world as a whole, but yeah it has weaknesses. It's leagues better than gen 1/2.

I would say that B2 might be my favorite pokemon game ever actually. It used to be Emerald.

I'm going to use Bianca as my avatar until I stop finding her weird.

Top Bottom