• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Also, the Gen II Arcanine sprites are the best.

Gold
jEeoe.png
Silver
tVpLA.png

Crystal
SvPQv.gif

Did Arcanine get a tan?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

eating-crow.jpg

Order up, Boss Doggie :>

Ahhh I thought you were referring to top favorite (as in, like Braviary). He's a gen 1 pick but like I said most of my tops are in later gens.

Oh, I totally agree regarding Arcanine. It's one of my favourite Pokemon but man is he let down by some subpar artwork and sprites.
59.PNG
59.PNG
59.gif
59.png
59.png
59.png
59.png
59.png

There are some okay ones, but on the whole I don't think they do him justice. Last good one was Ruby/Sapphire.

My only beef really is the FRLG art. The way the face looks to the screen gives it that look.

A friend was selling his copy of Black 1, and traded his 2 shinies to me. He swears they're legit, but I have a sneaking suspicion they're hacked.

One is a Zorua, met on route 1 at level 1. Master ball captured.
The other is a Larvitar, met on route 5 at level 1. Dream World ball captured.

I don't want them if they're hacked, if they aren't, I planned on using them for trades. Is their an easy way to tell if they are?

Edit: He said that he bred them, but I thought bred pokemon just had the standard pokeball symbol in their summary?

Edit2: I'm still looking for an Event Celebi. God I hate that NoA doesn't have as many events as Japan

What do you guys think about the trainers in B2 that will fight you every time you encounter them? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I suppose it's not very different from running around until an Audino shows up, but it feels really odd to me. The trainers say the same thing every time and all I have to do is run a screen or two south to make infinite money and the such.. I dunno. I guess I just don't like it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I hate those breeders. Should've brought back Vs. Seeker, but I guess they'll say the tower/tree exists for grinding.

ffdgh

What do you guys think about the trainers in B2 that will fight you every time you encounter them? I'm not sure how I feel about it. I suppose it's not very different from running around until an Audino shows up, but it feels really odd to me. The trainers say the same thing every time and all I have to do is run a screen or two south to make infinite money and the such.. I dunno. I guess I just don't like it.

One of them gives me endless rare candies. I'm not complaining XD

I must know the location of this guy/girl!

She's a Breeder in one of the two sports arenas. You should just save before you go into either of them and then continue to soft reset until she appears. For maximum efficiency, change battle style to "Set" and turn off animations. You may also want something with Outrage or a similar multi-turn attack.

Stage On

Sports domes. keep soft reseting until you see a male or female breeder inside. Fight them, get candy, leave the area and comback and talk to them again. Rinse and repeat.

They have a team of 6 pokemon tho.

Sounds like a good way to grind levels

Stage On

Plus it has some of the absolute best battles in the entire series.

Who can forget Charizard vs Blastoise or Charizard vs Dragonite or Charizard vs Articuno.

When Charizard shows up you know stuff is going to go down.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Plus it has some of the absolute best battles in the entire series.

Who can forget Charizard vs Blastoise or Charizard vs Dragonite or Charizard vs Articuno.

When Charizard shows up you know stuff is going to go down.

Oh yes. Charizard always has the best fights.

ffdgh

.....uhh the western looking face doesn't fit. Everything else is good.

A yeah volcarona may be better but it's fun using pokemon that are underused.

Purplemage

Neo Member
Hey guys, I just bought Black 2 and this is the first time I haven't bought the new games day one. Any little things I should note before I start a new adventure?

I've finally finished a portfolio project I've been working. What do you guys think?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8486/8278257023_acf19e4df8_b.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I remember you mentioning working on this in the [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32122662&postcount=70"]first thread[/URL]. Pretty cool to see it finished!

Top Bottom