• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Goddamnit, I only need two more outbreak Pokemon but the routes just won't appear no matter how many times I soft reset!

IsfWF.jpg

Boss Doggie

Heh, some people don't understand the typing uses.

Gyarados is Water/Flying and not Dragon/whatever because the whole story involves a carp going over the water, becoming a dragon, being an arrogant dick, and thus the gods removing its dragon state

I don't get it why people want Luxray to be part Dark. Lions have black manes too you know!

Flygon I can see people wanting Bug/Dragon over Ground/Dragon, but I guess it's too tied to the ant lion lore.

ffdgh

In the case of flygon, being a dragon in the bug egg group is weird. The lack of dragon dance and quiver dance is also confusing.

MikeMyers

Heh, some people don't understand the typing uses.

Gyarados is Water/Flying and not Dragon/whatever because the whole story involves a carp going over the water, becoming a dragon, being an arrogant dick, and thus the gods removing its dragon state

I'm fine with the Flying type, just give him more Flying moves. Bounce needs proper accuracy...or at least make it as powerful as Fire Blast if its an 85% accuracy move. Also sneak Roost into his movepool please.

MikeMyers

Smeargle
~ Rain Dance
~ Dragon Dance
~ Swords Dance
~ Quiver Dance

Even Michael Jackson and James Brown can't compete with those dancing moves.

Boss Doggie

Flygon's a nerd

I'm fine with the Flying type, just give him more Flying moves. Bounce needs proper accuracy...or at least make it as powerful as Fire Blast if its an 85% accuracy move. Also sneak Roost into his movepool please.

I guess it's the lack of limbs.

MikeMyers

Intimidate, Sacred Fire Burn, and Morning Sun would make Arcanine a good Physical Wall.

....alakazam can learn iron tail
ghastly can learn the elemental punches
gorebyss and huntail can shell smash >_>

Shellgon has a Shell, what if he got Shell Smash?

Salamence @ White Herb
~ Shell Smash
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower

Back to Ubers it is!

Shellgon has a Shell, what if he got Shell Smash?

Salamence @ White Herb
~ Shell Smash
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Flamethrower

Back to Ubers it is!

Scrafty has fists, what if he learned Sucker Punch?

Scrafty @ Life Orb
~ Drain Punch
~ Sucker Punch
~ Dragon Dance
~ Ice Punch

Back to OU it is!

ffdgh

rhetorical moveset time?

Floatzel @ focus scash

swords dance
close combat
Aqua tail
Ice Punch/extreme speed/thunder punch

It'll never happen but I still want it ;_;

Stage On

Roost isn't going to save him from a thunderbolt.

Now give him Arial ace and now we're talking

Boss Doggie

Well Aeroblast is a beam from the mouth....make Aeroblast physical and make it the signature move of Gyarados. Its not like Lugia really needs it anyway.

Well most Lugia builds rely on Aeroblast, and we need a powerful special Flying attack with good accuracy.

We just need a less shitty physical flying. AA is awesome but lacks oomph, and BB is powerful but has that recoil.

MikeMyers

Smogon needs to update their G-dos sets:

SubDD: Make him fast enough to outspeed Tornadus-T after a DD (Adamant nature never outspeeds Jolteon), then dump the rest into HP and Atk. Probably keep Intimidate as the main ability since this set is supposed to be bulkier.

Bulky DD: Eh, fuck this set and just mention Taunt as an option on SubDD. The new EV's make SubDD bulky anyway

Offvensive DD: Lum Berry over Life Orb IMO

RestTalk: Would probably move 76 of the Defense EV's to SpD to make sure he can take Sheer Force Landorus and HP Rock Volcarona more easily.

Bulky Support: Pretty good.

Choice Scarf: If on Jolly nature, you only need 168 Seed EV's to outspeed Jolteon. Probably just dump the rest onto Def or HP.

Choice Band: Eh...not digging it at all. Then again never tried it, so I'm not ont to judge.

They should probably mention a Flail set. Has good coverage with Waterfall, and Moxie helps it sweep.

Keyouta

Damn, yeah this league sucks compared to the other seasons. I don't understand why the writers do not want Ash to progress. His pokemon should be fully evolved, and, c'mon, losing to Lucario in a 6 v 5 match.

Hopefully Episode N will do something more interesting with the characters, it's just so boring. Not that I should expect much from the show anyway.

Wiseblade

Damn, yeah this league sucks compared to the other seasons. I don't understand why the writers do not want Ash to progress. His pokemon should be fully evolved, and, c'mon, losing to Lucario in a 6 v 5 match.

Hopefully Episode N will do something more interesting with the characters, it's just so boring. Not that I should expect much from the show anyway.

He hasn't lost yet!

ffdgh

Yes, finally. Another character that should have been in the show ages ago finally shows up.

Hopefully we get Hugh as well and I would totally flip in a good way if Rosa showed up!

they had their moment in the bw2 special.

It's hilbert's and hilda's time to shine...hopefully

Top Bottom