• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

PK Gaming

Early Merry Christmas Pokégaf :D

I got through BW2's E4 a while back (seriously amazing) and i'm keeping busy by messing around with the postgame. My final team:

571.gif
612.gif
500.gif
448.gif
277.gif
380.gif

I still haven't beaten Cynthia yet or re-challenged the Elite 4. Black and White 2 is so fun.

balddemon

Banned
Got all the Legendaries in Heart Gold that I can without events. Time to slog through the mess that is Ruby/Sapphire. Sucks I have to play both of them to get Groudon and Kyogre. Luckily my Sapphire cart I have 7 badges. The 8th gym is still locked though, no idea how to open it.

Stage On

Got all the Legendaries in Heart Gold that I can without events. Time to slog through the mess that is Ruby/Sapphire. Sucks I have to play both of them to get Groudon and Kyogre. Luckily my Sapphire cart I have 7 badges. The 8th gym is still locked though, no idea how to open it.

Why not just play Emerald instead?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Secondly, Yes; getting started can be really tedious. Grinding the battle subway for power items, Farming for Dittos of different natures, getting ahold of multiple evolution/hold items... The best Advice I can give would be to start off small. At the beginning, raise something that deoesn't need Egg moves or have a complicated EV setup and isn't so item dependent, to get the hang of things. Then you can gradually work your way up to the super complicated stuff. And before you do any EV training, ask someone in this thread to trade you a Pokérus infected Pokémon. It'll save you countless hours.

Hehe, thanks guys, even for delivering the bad news, that there's no way to avoid the timesink. I've only picked 3 pokemon so far to be in my team and thankfully among them they only need one egg move and it's only a 2-pokemon chain to get it.

I guess all the work will have been worth it, assuming I don't get discouraged somewhere along the way. Or worse, go through all this trouble and get stomped and realize I just suck at pokeymanz. :eek:

It's almost Christmas here, so I'm going to get some pent-up negativity out of the way:

Types of Pokémon "fans" I dislike:

Genwunners
Those who think an MMO is both a feasible thing and the only logical next step for the series
Those who think the series would benefit from being put on smartphones
Genwunners
Those who think a game including all five regions would not only be good but fleshed-out
Those who think GameFreak should sell the rights to the series so it can be multi-platform
Genwunners
Those who hate on games/gens without playing or watching them
Those who criticize others who don't have the same views
:p
Genwunners

Happy Beefmas, PokéGAF! See you when I get back from my alcohol binge!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's almost Christmas here, so I'm going to get some pent-up negativity out of the way:

Genwunners
Those who think an MMO is both a feasible thing and the only logical next step for the series
Genwunners
Those who think a game including all five regions would not only be good but fleshed-out
Those who think GameFreak should sell the rights to the series so it can be multi-platform
Genwunners
Genwunners

Those exist?

Those exist?

Well...

Am I bad for wanting Nintendo to lose the franchise so it could end on smartphones?
They're not tapping a fraction of Pokemon's potential.

oh well

They treat the franchise like shit even though it's second only to Mario in gaming as a whole. Completely ignore it during the media events, hell it's not even featured in Nintendo Land when stuff like Pikmin is.

I clearly don't understand the legal details but if possible the Pokemon Company should take them to court and try to get the rights for it back. Then they put in on iOS/Android and see the millions come.

lynguist

Neo Member

Genwunners
Genwunners
Genwunners
Genwunners

That was a very friendly, christmas-y, and positive negativity post. You even used "dislike" instead of "hate". You sure seem nice.

I had to look up the term "Genwunner". Yeah, those are the pitiable people that don't actually like Pokémon, but who are drooling over the nostalgia of their lost childhood because they grew up too quickly.

Yeah, let's step back juuust a little bit before the universe folds in on itself.

IN other news, apparently there's going to be a sale going on in the 3DS eShop in Japan, from Jan. 1st to Jan. 6th. Titles on sale:

HarmoKnight: 1800円 -> 1300円
The Denpa Men 2: 1000円 -> 700円
Kirby's Adventure: 600円 -> 400円

Something like a 33% off sale - I wonder if anything like that'll come soon for US ppl. I'm hoping for Dex Pro myself
a foolish dream for fools

Stage On

Yeah, let's step back juuust a little bit before the universe folds in on itself.

IN other news, apparently there's going to be a sale going on in the 3DS eShop in Japan, from Jan. 1st to Jan. 6th. Titles on sale:

HarmoKnight: 1800円 -> 1300円
The Denpa Men 2: 1000円 -> 700円
Kirby's Adventure: 600円 -> 400円

Something like a 33% off sale - I wonder if anything like that'll come soon for US ppl. I'm hoping for Dex Pro myself
a foolish dream for fools

It'd be nice to have an actual sale on the eshop again. Last time I thought when they said they where going to have a sale of the week I thought it was more then a limited time thing :(

Top Bottom