• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

image.php

Don't give me that innocent look D:

Hehe. But it wouldn't help it up the tier ladder anyway.
D:
Soon...
And some of them looked like somebody missed keys on the keyboard, too. :3 Maybe that's the reason why some of them got changed obviously
I think it's because they thought they would only have space for 7 letter names, instead of 10.

Actually, that's a point of possible improvement maybe - 10 letters for G6 (99% chance yes), or more?

ffdgh

...I see pokegaf had a verry disturbing and beefy after Christmas. Mightyena is the only buff mon that doesn't look overly creepy.

Anyway Christmas was very wet and windy for me.

Indeed.

Also how come the names looked like they have a much shorter character limit

Probably they were made before the actual character limit is 10. (Have you noticed how player names are limited to 7 characters?)

Also, in Gen V: makes me wonder whether it's using some sort of variable-length character set like UTF-8

It was a fine holiday, full of many foods which may or may not have been beef (I ate a lot of ham and oxtail yesterday). And then some quality time with various people, but otherwise it was subdued.

Haha, that's cute.

On the proto Gen 1 names, besides the whole 7 characters limit, it seems silly that for those it looks like they gave up on thinking of a new name and just stopped it whereever they had to. Though, some of the alternative names are pretty cool.

Though FUCK YEAH, NEPTUNE! would have the same effect.

gilljoy

Picked up black today, this is my first game since Diamond.

I didn't play any of the GBA games is it worth picking up FireRed and Emerald along with Soul Silver? ( have to re-live those childhood memories)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Picked up black today, this is my first game since Diamond.

I didn't play any of the GBA games is it worth picking up FireRed and Emerald along with Soul Silver? ( have to re-live those childhood memories)

Nah bro, skip the GBA games. They're totally fine but that shit's in the past. You'd have a better time if you just got some of your favorite pokes in your copy of Black.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Ahh cool so I guess Soul Silver is still a good pickup?

Definitely. I still keep my copies of Silver and Platinum around. I don't have B2W2 yet, but having Plat and HG or SS makes it easier to get most pokemon without having to do all kinds of stupid pal park transfer nonsense.

HG/SS (correct me if I'm wrong) is the only game with the running shoes on a toggle switch(!). I swear those games were made by geniuses and then they let tards run the asylum for BW.

Definitely. I still keep my copies of Silver and Platinum around. I don't have B2W2 yet, but having Plat and HG or SS makes it easier to get most pokemon without having to do all kinds of stupid pal park transfer nonsense.

HG/SS (correct me if I'm wrong) is the only game with the running shoes on a toggle switch(!). I swear those games were made by geniuses and then they let tards run the asylum for BW.

I think NOT running is actually beneficial when you want to sneak by Trainers and some terrain require not running. Also, the encounter rate mechanics were changed since HGSS so that running actually reduces the actual steps for an encounter to occur instead of just looking faster because you went through tiles fasyer, too. Seems like it. Or something.

LiQuid!

Not running makes you move slower so it is never beneficial! Don't stop for nothin!

upandaway

I think NOT running is actually beneficial when you want to sneak by Trainers and some terrain require not running. Also, the encounter rate mechanics were changed since HGSS so that running actually reduces the actual steps for an encounter to occur instead of just looking faster because you went through tiles fasyer, too. Seems like it. Or something.
I could swear to god that running makes trainers more likely to turn to you. If that's not coded in I will be genuinely surprised.

The only trainers I can run past are those single-direction ones and those on a set loop, any lookarounds instantly turn to me every time.

LiQuid!

Why would you ever want to avoid trainers? They have so much sweet exp and dollar bills. Are you guys raising some pussy ass pokemon that need breaks?! Break their necks and make some better ones!

upandaway

I tend to replay the games with different teams a lot more than you probably imagine, money is irrelevant and EXP is usually something I don't want in those scenarios!

Especially considering most route trainers aren't actually battles but more "will I sweep it with this guy who's super effective against him, or with that guy who's super effective against him"

ffdgh

Why would you ever want to avoid trainers? They have so much sweet exp and dollar bills. Are you guys raising some pussy ass pokemon that need breaks?! Break their necks and make some better ones!

.....>_> I hate random stalkers that enjoy animal abuse and labor

LiQuid!

I don't enjoy animal abuse. It hurts me more than it hurts them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I loved how they did the touch screen for HG/SS. It was absolutely perfect. I wish to god that they would go back to it when the make the 3DS Pokemon game, it was just everything you could ever want all at your fingertips.

Keyouta

So, what do you guys think the twin Gen 6 games will be named?

The trademarked names that currently would make sense are Scarlet and Crimson, I think, anyway. Other ideas?

Edit: I guess Scarlet and Crimson would be weird since they're both variations on red, hmm

So, what do you guys think the twin Gen 6 games will be named?

The trademarked names that currently would make sense are Scarlet and Crimson, I think, anyway. Other ideas?

If I had my way, they'd be Mauve and Puce :p

Thinking plausibly though, Obsidian and Ivory would work well if they wanted to combine minerals with colors and keep the duality theme. Alternatively, the Paradise and Ruin I suggested earlier would do.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Clearly it's "Pokemon Tipping" and "Pokemon No Tipping".

Oh god why did I just discover the "unused scripts" in PokeStar Studios? Galvantula's Travels 2: Eelektrik Boogaloo!

LiQuid!

Purple and [version I don't buy because it's not purple]

Top Bottom