• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ya, but they at least need more dual region or dual league games.

G/S/HG/SS prove its works perfectly. It actually gives pokemon lvl 60-100 something to do.

Not really.

GSC showed that Johto was barren, and the less we say about Kanto, the better.

HGSS actually fixed this, but Johto still felt inconsequential that in order to appreciate HGSS, you need to view both regions as a single "entity".

injurai

Banned
Not really.

GSC showed that Johto was barren, and the less we say about Kanto, the better.

HGSS actually fixed this, but Johto still felt inconsequential that in order to appreciate HGSS, you need to view both regions as a single "entity".

But it could be done right. There needs to be a second region or at least a "back nine" to these games.

I always feel somewhat let down after beating the elite 4.

Boss Doggie

But it could be done right. There needs to be a second region or at least a "back nine" to these games.

It can be done right, but it doesn't have to be two regions. It can be just having the E4 not being the primary focus.

And anything can be done right. :p

injurai

Banned
It can be done right, but it doesn't have to be two regions. It can be just having the E4 not being the primary focus.

And anything can be done right. :p

Ya, but I enjoy the larger world. I usually prefer go further to reach content then having it all shoved into once dense place.

I guess I just don't like seeing my favorite aspects of the series get locked into one game and not make it into the next launch cycle.

Dual regions, pokemon following you, the big oceans of Hoenn. I think they are moving in the right direction by making the games portray a world closer to what the anime/manga are able to depict.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What they could do is have the first region be the Elite Four and the second have a suped up version of the World Tournament.

Boss Doggie

And we still got no 150 HP pots.

Ya, but I enjoy the larger world. I usually prefer go further to reach content then having it all shoved into once dense place.

I guess I just don't like seeing my favorite aspects of the series get locked into one game and not make it into the next launch cycle.

Dual regions, pokemon following you, the big oceans of Hoenn. I think they are moving in the right direction by making the games portray a world closer to what the anime/manga are able to depict.

Large worlds are fine. It's the cross-region thing that gets me, since you'd end up with a shallow pair.

And the less the game relates to the anime and manga, the better. *shudder*

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Large worlds are fine. It's the cross-region thing that gets me, since you'd end up with a shallow pair.

I dunno, I sort of like the idea of a game ending not with the Elite Four but of a World Tournament thing made up for a bunch of Elite Four caliber guys. That way you would be forced to make an awesome team and not just a team that can rock four guys.

EDIT: Actually make it a bunch of Cynthia level guys. No items and a fully healed team between fights.

Did the composers for BW2 just decide to take a long vacation during the game's development so they ended up throwing in a bunch of Chrono Trigger tunes in the final product? Not that I'm complaining but it seems unlikely that it's a coincidence when at least three different areas have very similar themes.

Boss Doggie

I dunno, I sort of like the idea of a game ending not with the Elite Four but of a World Tournament thing made up for a bunch of Elite Four caliber guys. That way you would be forced to make an awesome team and not just a team that can rock four guys.

EDIT: Actually make it a bunch of Cynthia level guys. No items and a fully healed team between fights.

Oh that can work in a single region - a single, fully fleshed out region.

Did the composers for BW2 just decide to take a long vacation during the game's development so they ended up throwing in a bunch of Chrono Trigger tunes in the final product? Not that I'm complaining but it seems unlikely that it's a coincidence when at least three different areas have very similar themes.

Dragonspiral Tower music, anyone?

Remember when ScraftyDevil was writing a Trainer's Log story for the release of B2/W2? And I got to be the namesake for two(!) different characters in it?

Remember when he was going to let us read more of it?

Yeah, me neither. :<

YdwSi.png
F9BjD.png
AAZgv.png

http://kyattochan.tumblr.com/

I could post pictures from her Tumblr all day.

ffdgh

Why people want level scale :(

Oh I mean make it an option. If some trainers have higher levels they stay the same until one 0f the pokemon in your party is higher than theirs.

Oh and for fun the higer one of your pokeon are give trainers more pokemon and moveset changes :p

OceanBlue

Oh I mean make it an option. If some trainers have higher levels they stay the same until one 0f the pokemon in your party is higher than theirs.

Oh and for fun the higer one of your pokeon are give trainers more pokemon and moveset changes :p

If level scale is implemented, in my opinion it would make more sense to have the trainers' Pokemon revolve around a baseline. Like, a Gym Leader with 3 Pokemon can have a Pokemon +4 levels, +5 levels, and +8 levels higher than a baseline (average party level or highest Pokemon level) or something.

I don't know if I'm a fan of level scaling though.

injurai

Banned

I mean more in the sense that the anime/manga depict a real world instead of the neutered world of the games. I like how things have been becoming a more life like and relatible version of a pokemon world.

ha

haha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*makes note*

stn

Quick question: Black 2 or White 2? What's the consensus? Is it that much worse on a DS Lite compared to a 3DS?

Quick question: Black 2 or White 2? What's the consensus? Is it that much worse on a DS Lite compared to a 3DS?

Either way

Either way - 1:1 pixels or less screen ghosting + much better feature set (being not just on DSi hardware, but also access to 3DS software)?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Either way

Either way - 1:1 pixels or less screen ghosting + much better feature set (being not just on DSi hardware, but also access to 3DS software)?

Wait, is it bad on DS or bad on 3DS? I just got a 3DS waiting for it to be delivered and I spent hours reading up on how crappy DS games can look on it and I'm really scared to try it out. I don't even care about any 3DS games, I just needed to upgrade my ancient, used up DS phat and I wanted to future proof myself for the next gen of Pokemon games for if/when they come to 3DS instead of DS (it will happen eventually, right?). I'm just hoping DS games don't look so bad on it.

Wait, is it bad on DS or bad on 3DS? I just got a 3DS waiting for it to be delivered and I spent hours reading up on how crappy DS games can look on it and I'm really scared to try it out. I don't even care about any 3DS games, I just needed to upgrade my ancient, used up DS phat and I wanted to future proof myself for the next gen of Pokemon games for if/when they come to 3DS instead of DS (it will happen eventually, right?). I'm just hoping DS games don't look so bad on it.

There's always the option to play at a smaller, but 1:1 mode on the 3DS. It comes with the relatively higher PPI of the 3DS screens.

The DS Lite level of support is also the lowest common denominator - one very useful thing that you will lose is the ability to use WPA2 networks for Internet play and a precise battery meter.

So apparently, there's some sort of announcement happening on January 8th, maybe related to BW2, maybe not.

goAaH.jpg

Oh what could it be
new distribution probably v_v

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh that can work in a single region - a single, fully fleshed out region.

Yea I just figure something like that would be awesome. I mean we already have it as an extra, I just figured that they would still want an Elite Four so the extra area would make sense for that.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'm getting back into Pokemon (playing my Diamond save file I hadn't touched since 2007), and I'm just wondering how wireless features work now. I'll probably get W and W2, but I want the hard mode from B2 as soon I start W2. I don't think I know anyone with a finished copy of B2, so is there a system where I can get hard mode transferred to me over the internet?

Keyouta

I'm going to guess that the names for the next pokemon games, gen vi, will be announced on the 8th along with silhouettes of two new pokemon, as hinted by the question marks in the recent promotional material.

I'm going to guess that the names for the next pokemon games, gen vi, will be announced on the 8th along with silhouettes of two new pokemon, as hinted by the question marks in the recent promotional material.

Would this also imply a spring '14 US game or possibly a holiday '13 for US

injurai

Banned
I'm thinking the usual Fall '13 for Japan and spring '14 for US and Canada.

Sounds about right. A main series pokemon game has come out every year since 1998 except '02, '06, '08.

This would be 2 years after the 3DS launch, and a well needed addition to it's library. Probably been in development for 3+ years. Although B2/W2 came out recently they are sequals and I'm sure Ninty will feel comfortable pushing a new gen come next year. Plus they need to keep up the systems momentum. Another year without Pokemon and people will really be clambering. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the design in BW was a direct result of working on the 3DS pokemon engine, so I'd expect things to be getting pretty flushed out. Unless they are working on some Wii U crossplay trading network then it may be farther off.

Stage On

Truth, I really wanted them to add Hoenn as a second region for Black 2, White 2 since they already had a finished region done and thus would have time to cram in a second.

Next time they do a 2 game they really need to add a second region to justify it

Sounds about right. A main series pokemon game has come out every year since 1998 except '02, '06, '08.

This would be 2 years after the 3DS launch, and a well needed addition to it's library. Probably been in development for 3+ years. Although B2/W2 came out recently they are sequals and I'm sure Ninty will feel comfortable pushing a new gen come next year. Plus they need to keep up the systems momentum. Another year without Pokemon and people will really be clambering. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the design in BW was a direct result of working on the 3DS pokemon engine, so I'd expect things to be getting pretty flushed out. Unless they are working on some Wii U crossplay trading network then it may be farther off.

I imagine BW2 is in part meant to keep the franchise around while they build the next game and the 3DS builds it's player base. I imagine a 3DS pokemon will sell systems, but at this time will be inhibited in sales by the fact that the 3DS doesn't have a massive player base yet.

----

So my friend pulled a bitch move in our game. We are meant to stop at each gym and do battle so our teams are at even capabilities. He decided tog et someone online at Gym 3 to evolve his Eevee to a Glaceon since he didn't want to wait for it. So I'm looking now to get a Budew. I know it doesn't seem like the greatest choice, but I'm not looking to be cheap either. I can get a roselia now, but I want a nice budew with a good IV so I can level it from scratch. I need a grass pokemon on my team, and I also really want toxic spikes so it's exactly what I need.

Anyone have a good roselia they can maybe breed me a Budew? I don't current'y have much of anything on my team so I don't have much to offer :/

Currently on the plane going towards gym 5, wishing I could evolve my Growlithe but I gotta wait until I get some better moves, Arcanine is going to be boss by the end of this game.

injurai

Banned
Okay so some time ago on reddit i stumbled upon a site that simulates events over your wifi in case you missed them. You have to do some setting up, I don't know how involved it is. But I've lost the site and am wondering if anyone here knows of it.

I know its sort of cheating but I want a mew in HG dammit!!!

ffdgh

Okay so some time ago on reddit i stumbled upon a site that simulates events over your wifi in case you missed them. You have to do some setting up, I don't know how involved it is. But I've lost the site and am wondering if anyone here knows of it.

I know its sort of cheating but I want a mew in HG dammit!!!

>.> I could use a darkrai since I missed the one in bw.

Oh well time to search.

Top Bottom