• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Google Chrome is freaking out about Bulbapedia.

Of the 769 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 17 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-30, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-30.

Malicious software includes 5 trojan(s), 4 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 9 new process(es) on the target machine.

I guess Nintendo really wants us to buy that $15 Pokédex app.

32eUp.png

XITlh.png

0QTbx.png

http://pixelatedcowboy.tumblr.com/post/39242993337/i-did-it-ive-pixeled-the-entire-first-gen-of

Chunky

Hey there Poke-gaf, got a quick question for you lot.
Did anyone else get massive sonic vibes off of Iris' Champion theme?
Specifically the bit where it sounds just like the 'dingle-dingle-dee' from Sonic 2's start screen, and then goes full on megadrive with the instruments. Idk, maybe I'm reaching, but it sounded really similar the minute I heard it.

Oh, and can I say just how fucking fantastic this song is? The Champion themes rarely disappoint, but I loved how this fit Iris, capturing that mix of cuteness and unexpected-intimidation. Damn, was BW2's soundtrack great.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hey there Poke-gaf, got a quick question for you lot.
Did anyone else get massive sonic vibes off of Iris' Champion theme?
Specifically the bit where it sounds just like the 'dingle-dingle-dee' from Sonic 2's start screen, and then goes full on megadrive with the instruments. Idk, maybe I'm reaching, but it sounded really similar the minute I heard it.

Oh, and can I say just how fucking fantastic this song is? The Champion themes rarely disappoint, but I loved how this fit Iris, capturing that mix of cuteness and unexpected-intimidation. Damn, was BW2's soundtrack great.

Sounds like it'd be a portable Sonic game song, but I hear it.

ffdgh

Iris' theme gives me more of a mario theme. Rainbow road to be specific.

and before someone says I stole it from youtube comments, the background is in space and has rainbow streaks... And it sounds all twinklie :3

Rival theme was decent but the rest were kind of a downgrade from the first...especially N's theme.

It still isn't as good as the other rival themes from earlier games.

Hopefully not Serebii :p
For the record, I'm Archaic. Sadly, I couldn't get that as my username here, it was apparently taken years ago.

Google Chrome is freaking out about Bulbapedia.
We're aware of the issue. Now that Google's actually updated their listing there (here's what it showed us when it first listed us as "suspicious" earlier today), it's pretty clear we've been subjected to the same rogue ads that also hit Twitpic and some other sites earlier today. We're following up with our ad networks. Sadly, these kinds of things typically get done around holiday periods such as this, when their support teams are understaffed and over-worked. Seeing as it hit other major sites, we can probably safely assume they know about these issues already, and that it should be fixed soon if it's not already, but we'll prod them just in case anyway.

Ah, the site seems to be fine now.

Also, don't forget to end the tag with [/url]
Rival theme was decent but the rest were kind of a downgrade from the first...especially N's theme.

It still isn't as good as the other rival themes from earlier games.
Whaat? N's Theme is awesome. His encounter theme is even better.

Neo Plasma battle theme gets me more amped up than the first.

Also, Colress's battle theme is one of the best battle themes in either game IMO.

I have no opinion about new DENNIS though.

My opinion is that it pales in comparison to the epic first version. It was too fast-paced and lacked the amazing buildup and tension of the BW iteration. I appreciate that it represented Ghetsis' "off-the-rails" personality as of BW2, but as a musical piece it just doesn't do it for me.

For the record, my 5 favourite pieces in the series are:

1. Deoxys battle (FR/LG)
2. Legendary Trio battle (HG/SS)
3. Ghetsis theme (BW)
4. Emotion (BW)
5. Champion battle ([H]G/S)

Champion Iris battle, BW Team Plasma battle, BW random encounter and Cyrus' theme are honourable mentions.

Champion Battle from GSC is still the best, only Cynthia's comes somewhat close. It just feels like the quintessential Champions battle music.

And I forgot where the Pokemon music that shows up in Melee (Alternate music for Pokemon Stadium stage) from GSC but darnit, I love the hell out of it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Champion Battle from GSC is still the best, only Cynthia's comes somewhat close. It just feels like the quintessential Champions battle music.

And I forgot where the Pokemon music that shows up in Melee (Alternate music for Pokemon Stadium stage) from GSC but darnit, I love the hell out of it.

Great opinion! I agree, GSC Champion is indeed my favorite one.

So good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oILlWMvIo

I also like Poke Floats.

Poke Floats

I know a lot of people don't like that stage, but playing on tons of giant Pokemon is neat to me. All Melee needs is some kind of Saffron City mod and I'll be happy.

Great opinion! I agree, GSC Champion is indeed my favorite one.

So good..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6oILlWMvIo

I also like Poke Floats.

Poke Floats

I know a lot of people don't like that stage, but playing on tons of giant Pokemon is neat to me. All Melee needs is some kind of Saffron City mod and I'll be happy.

Poke Floats is a fun stage, chaotic and the competitive scene probably hates it but pretty fun. Love the music to it as well, I think I have it on my Ipod...yep, I do!

Melee with Saffron would be fun, I always enjoyed that stage in Smash Brothers...especially pinning someone against the wall with a fire Flower and then watching an Electrode roll out...=3

So it seems like that Archaic is here in PokeGAF. I think he knows who I am...

No idea whatsoever.

EDIT: *curses whatever mongrel has managed to sneak these malware ads in amongst the ad network rotations* The ad network appeared to have resolved the issue, but they're back again. While Bulba is not the only big website out there being impacted, it's still frustrating that we're caught up in this.

PK Gaming

No idea whatsoever.

EDIT: *curses whatever mongrel has managed to sneak these malware ads in amongst the ad network rotations* The ad network appeared to have resolved the issue, but they're back again. While Bulba is not the only big website out there being impacted, it's still frustrating that we're caught up in this.

so you're telling me you're the bulbapedia administrator? It's really a pleasure, I love your site to death. Even when I got the malware warnings, I still pressed ahead and used your site haha.

@Haxorus drawings
fantastic

ffdgh

Haha haxorus is the annoying friend.

Oh and tis always always pleasure to use bulbapedia for my pokemon needs....and triva so thank you and everyone else for their continued support
KuGsj.gif

I probably should get around to using Bulbapedia more, but I've always in opposition to some of the policies, especially with regards to sprite animations. I've been using alternative sources ever since.

Kokonoe

Banned
the one and only

It's saurus cause I'm serious, you're P Powder delirious, with a vine like mine you wouldn't dare to cross this line. I'm here, like a leaves on a tree, don't shake or else you'll get poison ivy.

You have Bulb envy Snivy, just don't dare to glare my typing, the 4 times resistance will leave you griping with my Solar Beam sniping.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember one time (this was long ago) I complained about receiving virus warning on Bulbagarden back when they had an image-board, and the administration basically told me it was my own fault for not having my virus software off to speed. :/

Really pissed me off. I was only a kid then too, like 14 or so, and considering Bulbagarden is probably used by plenty of young kids who don't understand virus software and the like, so I thought that was really irresponsible.

Perhaps there's a recently-returned Haxorus lover in BMGf.
Does not ring any bells whatsoever, however if you know me you know what my memory is like.

I probably should get around to using Bulbapedia more, but I've always in opposition to some of the policies, especially with regards to sprite animations. I've been using alternative sources ever since.
Which policies would those be specifically, and why?

I remember one time (this was long ago) I complained about receiving virus warning on Bulbagarden back when they had an image-board, and the administration basically told me it was my own fault for not having my virus software off to speed. :/

Really pissed me off. I was only a kid then too, like 14 or so, and considering Bulbagarden is probably used by plenty of young kids who don't understand virus software and the like, so I thought that was really irresponsible.

An image-board? We've never had an image-board. We've had an oekaki (still do actually), which is a paint-board of sorts, but that's really a different thing. The only sites in the fandom of any note to have had image-boards are PokéCharms and PM. Though PM hasn't been associated with us since something like 2005, there were times in the past when we linked to theirs, and I think we had an affiliate link to the Charms one right up until it died.

Top Bottom