• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Is Ponymon part of the thread cycle now? I mean, I love you guys, but there's only so much insanity a man can take.

At any rate, at least we're starting the new year with a bang...

The bottom of the page is a challenge to post the worst things nobody actually wants to see.

The top is for quality.

M9yq0.jpg

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=30472545

So what do people want to see in Gen VI?
Hmm...

-Better use of local wireless functionality. I expect GF will expand on the C-Gear stuff again, maybe in a different device, because C-Gear's stuff is 3DS-lite (IR, "Streetpass", etc.)
-More trainer customization.
-More ambiguous morality enemy teams.
-Varied early locations that require transport - trains, planes, etc...
-I dunno, lemme roam some plains or something.
-Limited availability of pokes outside of the regional dex (like BW). Force me to use the newer ones more, I say.
-Auto run.
-Streetpass secret bases~
-High-res Pokemon/trainer sprites (LOL)
-Online Battle Factory :)p)

Actually, one thing that could happen is something like the Trainer House - when you Streetpass, the player's current team is sent there, and you can have matches with them there.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I have a feeling they'll keep dreamworld.

Also that Buoy Zelle (pony buizel) sure reminds me of AJ.

injurai

Banned
Guys I'll end the dual region argument.

Gen6 games X/Y : 1 region

Gen6 games X2/Y2 : 2 regions

that is how it should be done.

PK Gaming

< Is a massive fan of GSC (first Pokemon game I played was Gold)
< Is totally ok with GSC's 11th placing in that one thread
< Will probably catch flack, but i don't give a FURRET

Kokonoe

Banned
THATS IT

IM MAKING THE THREAD

THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THE TRUTH

I look forward to battling you. Your words at GSC have gone on long enough, you've turned me into some kind of Gen V offense device as have the rest of you! I WILL GIVE IT MY ALL, I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG, AND I WILL REIGN VICTORIOUS!

I.
AM.
KOKONOE!

HG/SS and the Unova duology are nice enough games, but none of them stack up to DPPt. Even if we ignore Platinum and just consider the vanilla titles, Diamond/Pearl are better than the games that followed. Improved speed doesn't make up for inferior content.

BW2's Pokemon World Tournament is the only thing that comes close.

Kokonoe

Banned
I remember being so surprised when they added the GBA support for Diamond and Pearl, but more so at the Wi-Fi trading and battling. Online for Pokemon has been the greatest thing they've done since the original.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
HG/SS and the Unova duology are nice enough games, but none of them stack up to DPPt. Even if we ignore Platinum and just consider the vanilla titles, Diamond/Pearl are better than the games that followed. Improved speed doesn't make up for inferior content.

BW2's Pokemon World Tournament is the only thing that comes close.

Bad Pokemon spread, inferior item search, abilities and moves inferior to V, slow-ass battles, and kinda meh music prevents me from putting IV over V tho :(

Macka

I enjoyed Diamond so much more than I did Black, but I think that has more to do with the introduction of online battling than anything.

Platinum is also the best 'directors cut' version of them all.

Top Bottom