• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

That said

Anyone think GSC are bad, or bad?

I don't think they're necessarily bad per se, just aged. There's no doubt that they were revolutionary for their time and their remakes are darn good games in their own right, but there's just too many archaic design choices that hold them back from being anything other than fond memories. I'll at least be on Wiseblade's side to support the new designs and Gen V as a whole and defend truth, justice and the Unovian way.

I don't think they're necessarily bad per se, just aged. There's no doubt that they were revolutionary for their time and their remakes are darn good games in their own right, but there's just too many archaic design choices that hold them back from being anything other than fond memories. I'll at least be on Wiseblade's side to support the new designs and Gen V as a whole and defend truth, justice and the Unovian way.

Heh.

Maybe I should goon my own way, too. Um, I mean "go".

The working title is "Real Talk: Pokémon GSC are the worst games in the series".

Prepare for a first post "no" with no elaboration and then a bunch of "first post nails it" from posters who have nothing to add.
It can work the other way around with "yes" arriving as the first response.

Thread swiftly derails into Vanilluxe and Garbodor because how dare they not be based off animals and also be modern.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Someone better prepare with comparison and stuff.

Also maybe add stuff like "looking back without the nostalgic magic".

Wiseblade

The OP outlines all the flaws of the game, starting from Johto's disappointing size, and going through the embarrassing diversity, the general lack of difficulty, stupid story and the mangled corpse that is Kanto. I'm not even going into more subjective stuff like the actual Gen II designs and the fact the Dunsparce is the ugliest thing ever created by human hands.

Boss Doggie

Use bold formatting to highlight main ideas. A lot of people don't read. Also put the "objective" note to detract "b-but it's subjective" on stuff like pokemon spread, sparseness, and all that.

Also they might pull a "well it got remade" so you use the "but then it took them to remake the game to fix only half of the problems".

PK Gaming

I look forward to battling you. Your words at GSC have gone on long enough, you've turned me into some kind of Gen V offense device as have the rest of you! I WILL GIVE IT MY ALL, I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG, AND I WILL REIGN VICTORIOUS!

I.
AM.
KOKONOE!

I'll back you up chief

Even though I love gen V with ever fiber of my being, i'm not going let GSC take a hit without doing anything about it.

Let's make it a double battle.

image.php
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
image.php

I am disappointed.

That other thread is so grrrrrrrr...

There are quite a few valid arguments for both sides, but too many of people's posts are reading "YO DAWG U WRONG FIRST POST NAILS IT NEW GAMES SUCK GEN II FO LYFE PEACE OUT" for there to be legitimate debate. That and the amount of troll logic is astouning.

Boss Doggie

Yeah. WB should've waited for me :(

Oh well, I didn't like Kokone before, I sure as well wouldn't like Kokone more as well. S/he really didn't even bring up good, non-subjective arguments.

Hey guys, how would you feel if I made a thread called "Realtalk: Black and White are the best Pokémon games?" I'm tempted to do it just to see the overwhelming wave of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that will follow, if the Gen II thread is any indication.

PK Gaming

Hey guys, how would you feel if I made a thread called "Realtalk: Black and White are the best Pokémon games?" I'm tempted to do it just to see the overwhelming wave of NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that will follow, if the Gen II thread is any indication.

I'd love it

I would absolutely back you up since I love BW to death. We could do a coordinated strike lol.

Better come stronger than Wiseblade's OP, then :)

<3 WB

Also, I would totally be on your team, even though I like the others for different reasons, mmhm.

Gen Wars don't tend to end well or anyone.

That thread's a lot more dismissive than this one, though, and I'm talking both sides of the argument.

Right which is why a lot of the regulars here have been chased out and the talk centers around suggestive art and weird topics instead of being about Pokemon. This thread is just as dismissive.

And you also don't need a Real Talk thread about Gen V because so many sing its praises in here already.

Top Bottom