• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Fuck it, not doing this again.
I'm going to keep my hype at a minimum and assume it's something trivial like a new distribution or something of that ilk.
We've had distributions confirmed for the next few months, and it's clearly something game-related. At the most optimistic, I'd say a Wii U Gen V battle sim.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
iutSPrBreF4kk.gif

Ahh! So cute. I love it.

I haven't been around all day, so I just now read Wiseblade's thread.

LOL.

My 3DS FC is 4897 5951 6020 if anyone wants to add me.~ We'll be prepared for eventual Gen VI shenanigans that way!

PK Gaming

(engaging in the realest of talks)

BW2's the best in the series, largely due to how fucking amazing pokestar studios is on TOP of everything else. Seriously, pokestar studios is incredible.

Kokonoe

Banned
What I find personally hilarious is the fact that so many of you guys feel you need to make a thread to 'prove' someone wrong, I hope my large post in that thread makes you realize how silly it is to tell someone "they are wrong" about thinking something is the best when it's their opinion.

I also find it silly how before I made that post, it turned into a witch-hunt over the game. My last few teasing comments in this thread were what I had to put up with ever since I became apart of this community, and my first moments in this thread were Wiseblade telling me that GSC sucked. It's not fun when someone else does it, but I did the teasing comments to prove a point a point that it's not entertaining to be in a thread where everyone harps on GSC the second someone gives it praise.

I would never create a thread to specifically say "You guys are wrong, Black and White is the worst".

I would never create a thread to specifically say "You guys are wrong, Black and White is the worst".

You kind of subtly did that in your post, though ;P

No hard feelings, by the way. Even if I disagree with you, your opinions are your opinions. It seemed like a lot of people didn't really see the subtext of your argument though, so you may have unwittingly made a few enemies ^^;

What I find personally hilarious is the fact that so many of you guys feel you need to make a thread to 'prove' someone wrong, I hope my large post in that thread makes you realize how silly it is to tell someone "they are wrong" about thinking something is the best when it's their opinion.

It's Wiseblade.

Kokonoe

Banned
It's Wiseblade.

I know it was Wiseblade, but the others were just as motivated. Look at the first page of Community Thread 2 (this thread) as well and see the kind of stigma it gets.

And why would someone feel the need to create a 'praise thread' for BW after Wiseblade's thread? I don't feel the need to create one for Pokemon GSC. This is one part of the community that really has made me dislike being apart of, and it gets to the point where I feel I have to be out of character.

And why would someone feel the need to create a 'praise thread' for BW after Wiseblade's thread? I don't feel the need to create one for Pokemon GSC. This is one part of the community that really has made me dislike being apart of, and it gets to the point where I feel I have to be out of character.

I was joking. I just think it's humourous how much hate Gen V gets from people who have never even watched someone play it.

Kokonoe

Banned
You kind of subtly did that in your post, though ;P

No hard feelings, by the way. Even if I disagree with you, your opinions are your opinions. It seemed like a lot of people didn't really see the subtext of your argument though, so you may have unwittingly made a few enemies ^^;

I see that it didn't, and I never argue that aggressively either, but I did it for the reason you're saying. I wanted to share what it's like to be on the flip side, I mean if someone wants to say "Black and White is the greatest" I don't have any issues with that. Heck, so many games I think are bad people find to be the best and vice versa.

My only issues come from when people think it's wrong to like something, wrong to think it's great because they don't, and that there's something clearly wrong for it. I honestly forced myself to go ahead with the post, I really didn't want to, but felt it needed to be done.

My point is that no one can tell anyone that one thing is superior as a fact, only as a opinion.
I was joking. I just think it's humourous how much hate Gen V gets from people who have never even watched someone play it.

What I do know is Gen V gets enamoured praise in this thread and a lot of people want to tell us how 'subjectively' someone is wrong for liking something or considering it a better option to suggest. I think people should be able to tell someone what they think is the best version to suggest without someone trying to tell them they are wrong.

And Gen V gets plenty of praise outside of this community topic as well and all over the net. The issues come when people keep trying to tell each other which Generation sucks over the other, and then people stop being caring and go to trying to prove each other 'wrong' and people get annoyed.

I know it was Wiseblade, but the others were just as motivated. Look at the first page of Community Thread 2 (this thread) as well and see the kind of stigma it gets.

I try not to take things personally when people shit on things I like, but I know it can be hard at times. You just got to remember that we all came to like Pokemon for different reasons and there are a lot of different reasons.

Let's try to have some fun here!

Kokonoe

Banned
I try not to take things personally when people shit on things I like, but I know it can be hard at times. You just got to remember that we all came to like Pokemon for different reasons and there are a lot of different reasons.

Let's try to have some fun here!

That's how I want to keep it more or less around here if everyone else wants to do it as such. Jokes are fine but over time there's only so much anyone can take of what I mentioned above from other side of this as seen by the thread being created, the motivations behind it, and my post.

So, yes, fun, fun, fun, fun.

PJTcu.gif
PJTcu.gif
PJTcu.gif
PJTcu.gif
PJTcu.gif

Appreciating the Dwebble art, guys. :)
This is the first page where you describe Unova as having a gimped overworld and being smaller than Johto, correct?

I understand it can suck when people disagree with you, and it can be wearying being the person standing against the tide of negativity (bear in mind, I know what this is like; I'm the guy who actually likes the anime in this thread!), but the key is to give back as good as you get. Don't complain about it, just put your opinions out there. You did absolutely nothing wrong in Wiseblade's thread; my frustration was based around other members, not really you.

Kokonoe

Banned
Appreciating the Dwebble art, guys. :)

This is the first page where you describe Unova as having a gimped overworld and being smaller than Johto, correct?

I understand it can suck when people disagree with you, and it can be wearying being the person standing against the tide of negativity (bear in mind, I know what this is like; I'm the guy who actually likes the anime in this thread!), but the key is to give back as good as you get. Don't complain about it, just put your opinions out there. You did absolutely nothing wrong in Wiseblade's thread; my frustration was based around other members, not really you.

It is, but it was out of retaliation. Anything I've ever said about Gen V has been due to this, not that two wrongs make a right, but that was the issue at hand.

I guess when I'm more so talking about is that Gen Wars don't really do much for discussion here since we all know how each other feels about it, and it really has put off a lot of people from posting when a newbie to this thread comes in and is immediately shut down and all they want to do is just talk about what they love. There isn't really a need to be so drastic all the time. It's not a matter of opinions VS opinions, it's more so how people are acting which puts people off. There is a motive and a agenda, and without that nobody on either side will feel bothered to defend.

And thank you for that, I know I did nothing wrong per say, but I'm not one to get as extravagant as that without reason. More or less this reminds me of when some people mention they like Sunshine and people feel they should tell you you are wrong or "something's wrong with you" because of it.

Either way, I'd like this to settle down not just for me, but for everyone really. It carries on to other threads.

Boss Doggie

Added you guys in FC!

So apparently it's wrong to debate about it then?

Kokonoe

Banned
Added you guys in FC!

So apparently it's wrong to debate about it then?

This is about something that's been going on for before you started posting here actively. It's settled now, however.

As I mentioned in my latest post above, it's not about opinions VS opinions, it's about actions.

Boss Doggie

This is about something that's been going on for before you started posting here actively. It's settled now, however.

As I mentioned in my latest post above, it's not about opinions VS opinions, it's about actions.

Guess which one has a more rabid/vocal one though.

Boss Doggie

It is always the persistence of the fans of the first release who never got out of that memory who tend to be noisy and generally a detriment to the community. This isn't just Pokemon - see Power Rangers, TMNT, Transformers, and the like... and I just realized all of them spawned from the early 90's mania.

Kokonoe

Banned
It is always the persistence of the fans of the first release who never got out of that memory who tend to be noisy and generally a detriment to the community. This isn't just Pokemon - see Power Rangers, TMNT, Transformers, and the like... and I just realized all of them spawned from the early 90's mania.

I'm not any more or less 'noisy' than anyone else in this thread. And my actions have only been a mirror of what I've put up with, nor do I go out of the my way to say someone is factually wrong for liking something.

You clearly must not realize how persistent anyone is on the internet, and it has nothing to do with liking something old or liking something new. Not agreeing with you doesn't mean I am a detriment and that's kind of insulting.

So... what's with the Mewtwo hate?

Pandering to Gen 1 ignorance.

Then again people who love mewtwo should just flip open Project M. They all should be dumped there.

I have made posts specifically to stuff like that in more of a mocking/joking tone as it happens quite a bit in the community threads and not just this one. Well, the past month anyways.

Boss Doggie

The Mewtwo stuff was primarily a joke. I just made it snarkier because it's targeted at the expense of a Gen 1 pokemon with a huge annoying fandom :p

And it's mostly because of the frustration on people who never played past the first game or so and hear their stuff. That's causing the agitated feeling whenever discussions like Pokemon or Power Rangers are mentioned.

Top Bottom