• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Kokonoe

Banned
Anyways, new page so I'll make a subject like I use to do.

Anyone else enjoying the Wii U Game Pad? It's actually surprisingly comfortable, little heavy for me at times but I like it a lot. If they put some kind of Pokemon title, either it be Stadium 3 or something else, playing Game Pad only would give me a surefire way for 3D battles on a semi-portable device if Gen VI isn't 3D.

The Mewtwo stuff was primarily a joke. I just made it snarkier because it's targeted at the expense of a Gen 1 pokemon with a huge annoying fandom :p

And it's mostly because of the frustration on people who never played past the first game or so and hear their stuff. That's causing the agitated feeling whenever discussions like Pokemon or Power Rangers are mentioned.

Well, just keep in mind that I've been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning to the present, and I may not consider Black and White as highly as most people do, but I do in fact think the past 4 Gens are a 9.0 or higher. I am not someone who specially likes just the first two, I just like the first two the most.

I also mentioned this here and in the other thread that, yes, it is biased when someone says something is better or worse without even trying it, but people can like the older ones still after playing the newer ones. New doesn't equate to better, and I still like Super Mario World and Mario 64 the most in the Mario series.

All I'm trying to say is that, I do admit that I got snarky myself this past month after seeing a lot of these posts and dealing with it for my year on GAF. I should not let people bug me like that, however, I do have my limits myself. I'd rather it be a more friendly tone instead of just one thing where everyone can discuss stuff without being jumped on.

Considering how huge it is, Manga is surely the easier way to go unless you want to take freaking years to get through One Piece, the later anime pacing went down the pits last time I checked, one chapter per episode if i'm not mistaken.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hunter x Hunter shits on your fav shonen anime.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
It doesn't have enough spirit and hotbloodedness.

Nah, just lots of adventure, and weaponized fishing poles and psycho clown bad guys and wonderful characters.

I actually don't watch anime but for my love of a handful of series like Lupin and GTO and HxH. I tried to watch a couple of episodes of that Gurren Lagan show and couldn't stand it. Characters grated on my face and soul.

Nah, just lots of adventure, and weaponized fishing poles and psycho clown bad guys and wonderful characters.

I actually don't watch anime but for my love of a handful of series like Lupin and GTO and HxH. I tried to watch a couple of episodes of that Gurren Lagan show and couldn't stand it. Characters grated on my face and soul.

That's a shame, because episodes 8-15 are fantastic and the finale is great, too. I tried reading the HxH manga many years ago, but I just couldn't get into it for one reason or another. I hardly read or watch any manga/anime anymore, aside from the occasional movie or short series (with Soul Eater being the last one I completed), so it's not likely that I'll be able to get through it now either.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah One Piece sets a terrible standard for shonen nowadays. The scary thing is that it's popular. *shudder*

I agree with Gintama suggestion. That or watch old anime from the 70's and 80's and some of the 90's.

Kokonoe

Banned
get on that. Pokemon gen wars aren't worth the time.

I second anth0ny's notion.

Avoid the fillers tho unless you actually want to watch them.

I suppose you're right, I'll start tomorrow.

Also, I like to watch the animes first and then read the manga later, it helps me better connect with a series. And yes, I plan to skip filler, after enduring the TERRIBLE Naruto Shippuden filler. Never, ever, ever, again.

Don't the art is awful and the anime just makes it worse. Watch Gintama instead.

Well, some of the proportions seem odd, but I have to give it a shot, I doubt it'll be as bad as Fairy Tail. Gintama? I've never heard of that, but I'll give it a look!

Hunter x Hunter shits on your fav shonen anime.

iZKiHnMmk0zKL.gif

Anyone else enjoying the Wii U Game Pad? It's actually surprisingly comfortable, little heavy for me at times but I like it a lot. If they put some kind of Pokemon title, either it be Stadium 3 or something else, playing Game Pad only would give me a surefire way for 3D battles on a semi-portable device if Gen VI isn't 3D.

The Wii U Gamepad is certainly an impressive piece of kit. I suppose we'll need a 2nd gamepad for Stadium if we don't want the other player to see our moves though, unless they have a way for us to link a DS or 3DS to the Wii U by then (which I hope they will). I'm more concerned about how it could be used for a console Pokémon RPG though. It'd be pretty easy to use the Ranger or Mysterious Dungeon models, but I think we'd all like to see something more than that.

LiQuid!

Hunter X Hunter is simultaneously the best and worst shonen manga I have ever read.

Good or bad this is the most concentrated discussion about Hunter x Hunter I've seen on the internet pretty much ever!

Stage On

Ha I have to work for a few days (while sick) and look at all the stuff that happened here that I missed.

So do you guys have a favorite Pokemon manga? Mine would have to Pokemon Adventures but I kind of wish I could read the Clarfairy one.

They even have the English version of it in Signapor which goes up to the R/S sage but it looks like it's out of print and next to impossible to get :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A Gen Six pokémon will appear in the next movie, the game will hit this fall in Japan. One Piece is amazing. Gen 2 sucked though Hoenn was even worse. Blaziken is clearly a pair of pants away from being a digimon. Gliscor is clearly from Dragon Quest. Gen 4 fixed Johto, Diamond and Pearl really suck compared to Platinum but Gen Five is the best overall. There are only a bare handful of Gen Five pokémon that truly suck.

Grass starters are king even though they largely suck for going through the games compared to the other choices. Scrafty can solo both gen five games; go for moxie over shed skin because you can just use items for that healing nonsense. Zorua is adorable but not that great in game. The Keldeo Movie was short and sweet and for whatever reason I liked it, also Iris clearly dies in the middle and might have been replaced by a clone like ash was at the beginning of Best Wishes. Bianca is the best thing to happen to the Anime since Barry.

A Gen Six pokémon will appear in the next movie, the game will hit this fall in Japan. One Piece is amazing. Gen 2 sucked though Hoenn was even worse. Blaziken is clearly a pair of pants away from being a digimon. Gliscor is clearly from Dragon Quest. Gen 4 fixed Johto, Diamond and Pearl really suck compared to Platinum but Gen Five is the best overall. There are only a bare handful of Gen Five pokémon that truly suck.

Grass starters are king even though they largely suck for going through the games compared to the other choices. Scrafty can solo both gen five games; go for moxie over shed skin because you can just use items for that healing nonsense. Zorua is adorable but not that great in game. The Keldeo Movie was short and sweet and for whatever reason I liked it, also Iris clearly dies in the middle and might have been replaced by a clone like ash was at the beginning of Best Wishes. Bianca is the best thing to happen to the Anime since Barry.
This is the most efficient post I've ever read.

I love you for your good opinions.

PK Gaming

i agree with 90% of this

zorua/zoroark is actually good ingame because illusion trumps cpus (ALL of them) it only needs 5 levels to evolve, is a trade-mon, and its got near perfect ivs and a good nature. You juat need to blue gem grind near driftveils cave to teach it dark pulse to watch it clean up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Ash was replaced by a clone? Guess Spider-man's Clone Saga finally made it's way to Japan.

tauroxd

Hahaha, very awesome and condensed post. I don't agree with 100% of it, but hey, it make me laugh in a good way.

Expecting stuff from Smash might be over-optimistic. Masuda and Morimoto appear to be there for a battle tournament, not for any announcements.

I really don't know what format Tuesday's announcement will take. Nothing Pokemon-related normally happens on a Tuesday. Best I can think of is a Nintendo Direct coming that day; we're overdue for one.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Actually I really doubt Blaziken = Digimon. If anything he looked very more Pokemon than Digimon (i.e. Digimon isn't averse in maintaining an animal head and anatomical detail whereas Blaziken looks like a dragon-bird hybrid with a simple human "shape").

I'm gonna save some of those.

I thought you'd be angry about Masaru getting a Charizard because Charizard sucks and as much as I hate GundamAgumon he's much better than Charizard.

i agree with 90% of this

zorua/zoroark is actually good ingame because illusion trumps cpus (ALL of them) it only needs 5 levels to evolve, is a trade-mon, and its got near perfect ivs and a good nature. You juat need to blue gem grind near driftveils cave to teach it dark pulse to watch it clean up.

Zoroark has a shitty movepool tbqh. You can get better dark types like Zweilous.

*scrolls down to see Pokémon X Digimon fanart*

Oh my. I... I...

This is... so...

ADORAAAABLEEEEE...

*faints*

Did you know that to Internet Explorer 10, Pokémon is valid, while Digimon is not?

Top Bottom