• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
btw I didn't see your FC that's why I wasn't able to add you :(

Also is this board like part of furrygaf's venn diagram?

PK Gaming

Actually I really doubt Blaziken = Digimon. If anything he looked very more Pokemon than Digimon (i.e. Digimon isn't averse in maintaining an animal head and anatomical detail whereas Blaziken looks like a dragon-bird hybrid with a simple human "shape").

I thought you'd be angry about Masaru getting a Charizard because Charizard sucks and as much as I hate GundamAgumon he's much better than Charizard.

Zoroark has a shitty movepool tbqh. You can get better dark types like Zweilous.

Eh

The Deino line is pretty shitty ingame. I know this from second hand experience, since I got one bred for my younger brother to use for his B2 playthrough (egg moves and a decent nature) and it was really mediocre. The fact that it evolves at lvl 50 means that you have to suffer through 60-65% of the game with dragon with terrible stats who stops being useful quickly. Even Zweilous isn't impressive once it evolves, since Hustle is a bullshit ability and its stats for the most part suck ass (its slow and frail :/). Keep in mind, my brother's Deino was a trade mon AND I gave him Lucky Egg and it still manages to struggle like crazy.

As for Zoroark, I sorta see where you're coming from with the movepool comment, but if you can Dark Pulse + Low Kick, it should be able to pull its weight in game. You're laughing once you get Flamethrower & Nasty Plot (and Focus Blast in the post game). IMO the only dark-types better than Zoroark are Scrafty & Krookodile, both of which are a very good in their own right.

Boss Doggie

Mine's 3437-3170-2657.

I don't know about that.

Will add you once I get my 3DS back from my brother.

Eh

The Deino line is pretty shitty ingame. I know this from second hand experience, since I got one bred for my younger brother to use for his B2 playthrough (egg moves and a decent nature) and it was really mediocre. The fact that it evolves at lvl 50 means that you have to suffer through 60-65% of the game with dragon with terrible stats who stops being useful quickly. Even Zweilous isn't impressive once it evolves, since Hustle is a bullshit ability and its stats for the most part suck ass (its slow and frail :/). Keep in mind, my brother's Deino was a trade mon AND I gave him Lucky Egg and it still manages to struggle like crazy.

As for Zoroark, I sorta see where you're coming from with the movepool comment, but if you can Dark Pulse + Low Kick, it should be able to pull its weight in game. You're laughing once you get Flamethrower & Nasty Plot (and Focus Blast in the post game). IMO the only dark-types better than Zoroark are Scrafty & Krookodile, both of which are a very good in their own right.

Well there's your problem, you need a lucky egg. :p

And honestly it pays once you get a Hydreigon - pretty much an all powerful mon. Essentially a good payoff for the hard work.

PK Gaming

Hmm

That's the thing, you're realistically only going to get Hydreigon post game / E4. So when you opt to use Deino on your team, you're basically holding out for the entire game for something "good." Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying its not worth it (its fucking Pokemon; EVERYTHING is worth it) its just that on an objective level, the Deino line sucks for the majority of the ingame.

EDIT: What problem? I think I mentioned that even with a Lucky Egg, Deino struggles eheh...

Boss Doggie

Ah I misread. :p

And tbqh the problem is more on Zweilous being obtainable in Victory Road than levels being near to evolve to Hydreigon.

Hey Twiggy, I added you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Remember that you can get an evolite stone pretty early in both Unova series which is pretty awesome on something like Deino.

Though if I were training one specifically for the post game stuff I'd probably just give it the exp share and consider my party a five man band until it was done baking in the oven.

ffdgh

I'd say go through black tower/white treehollow. If I knew I could grind that easily for exp and money I would have used it much sooner.
KuGsj.gif

Pachimari

Just started watching the anime for the first time in years. I never even finished season 1 but I already can't stand Team Rocket - I remember when I were a kid I couldn't stand them either. But I like watching so I'll keep watching.

I never bother getting hyped for most of the announcements people here do but this one is the exception, i'll ride this hype train to hell and back again.

Anth0ny

I seem to recall the hype train for the B2/W2 announcement being similar to this...

twitter teasing and Masuda appearing on Pokemon Smash.

Kokonoe

Banned
When's the last time they hyped something to this degree (both Japan and North America), and it didn't turn out to be a mainline game?

It's not that I doubt it's a mainline game, but it being a mainline game doesn't mean I'm going to like it. So many games in the past 2-3 years have ended up disappointing me greatly so I'm not going to get hyped this time, I'll wait till I see more screenshots/videos and possibly play the game.

Anth0ny

It's not that I doubt it's a mainline game, but it being a mainline game doesn't mean I'm going to like it. So many games in the past 2-3 years have ended up disappointing me greatly so I'm not going to get hyped this time, I'll wait till I see more screenshots/videos and possibly play the game.

oh, of course.

haven't really hyped a mainline pokemon game since FRLG. DPPl and B2W2 disappointed, and I was pleasantly surprised with HGSS and BW. You never know.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The One Piece anime is great even when it drags. The manga is both too rushed and too detailed on a lot of scenes which the anime's slow pace can really help to illuminate. The VA in both Japanese and English is fantastic and the show is amazingly consistent for one that has been on all this time.

Firestorm

One Piece manga is great. I find Naruto hard to follow on paper but One Piece is awesome.
Even if there's a tournament this week, and no chance of news, it probably won't hurt to take a peek...
Well, with TPCi hyping an announcement for next week on their social media outlets I assume we'll have something.

Pachimari

I'm now at Season 1 Episode 7 and I want to finish this season this week. It's awesome. I also started the TCG Online yesterday and is looking to get Black 2.

I guess I'm back to Pokémon after so many years (I did review Black 1 and White 1) :D

Top Bottom