• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

I'm sure Scrafty will eventually get Sucker Punch. I'd rather have Hi Jump Kick anyways.

He needs Sucker Punch if he's to be in OU. The only things holding him back are his Speed and HP, and one of those is solved with a combination of Dragon Dance and Sucker Punch. Plus, SP could easily replacd Crunch on his competitive movesets, so it's not like you're missing anything by including it.

Firestorm

I'm actually currently trying to decide between using Scrafty and Hitmontop on my team. Scrafty's fighting weakness really scares me especially because I'm thinking of adding Ferrothorn on my sideboard for certain matchups and don't really want two fighting-weak 'mons. However, Scrafty being immune to Psychic attacks from Cresselia and Metagross is really nice x.x

And reposting from the other thread:

So for anyone interested in competitive play, the next three weekends have interesting events:

and then after that is the January International Challenge over WiFi which everyone can compete in (January 24th - 28th, 2013)! It should be a good month :)

PK Gaming

He needs Sucker Punch if he's to be in OU. The only things holding him back are his Speed and HP, and one of those is solved with a combination of Dragon Dance and Sucker Punch. Plus, SP could easily replacd Crunch on his competitive movesets, so it's not like you're missing anything by including it.

don't sweat it bro, being in OU is overrated.

If it makes you feel any better, Scrafty is like Mew; a Pokemon that is UU while simultaneously being very viable in OU at the same time. I feel bad for the Pokemon in BL tier, some of them got fucked.

Firestorm

You do realize there's only one correct choice here, right?
But mah boi Hitmontop took me through most of last season :(

With the EVs I need to invest in speed so that I'm comfortable with going first in the Fake Out war, Scrafty comes out about 5 points lower in Attack but has better bulk. I also really like Drain Punch... It's really a hard choice. I think I might go with Scrafty for a little something different but man. They're very different Pokemon in how you need to use them, but the primary role I want them to play is similar. It's just what I want their secondary role to be.

Maybe I'll use Scrafty because GAF POWER!

Unless HitmontopDude signs up. Then we're back to square one.

But mah boi Hitmontop took me through most of last season :(

With the EVs I need to invest in speed so that I'm comfortable with going first in the Fake Out war, Scrafty comes out about 5 points lower in Attack but has better bulk. I also really like Drain Punch... It's really a hard choice. I think I might go with Scrafty for a little something different but man. They're very different Pokemon in how you need to use them, but the primary role I want them to play is similar. It's just what I want their secondary role to be.

Maybe I'll use Scrafty because GAF POWER!

Unless HitmontopDude signs up. Then we're back to square one.

If you're planning on using Scrafty defensively, Fake Out, Drain Punch, Rest w/ Shed Skin, Substitue and Bulk Up are all very viable options.

If you're planning on going on the offence, there's no better set than Drain Punch/Dragon Dance/Ice Punch/Crunch w/ Life Orb. Resisted by nothing; feared by all.

Firestorm

Nah, it's support to set up Trick Room and I know what I'll use if I do use it:

Adamant Scrafty @ Eject Button (maaaybe Chople Berry)
Intimidate
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Detect (although I might look around at other options... probably Detect though)

If it weren't for Intimidate I wouldn't be considering Scrafty at all :p This is the team he'll be replacing Hitmontop on: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/long-live-the-slowking/

IGN's right. New TCG set incoming.
We already have details on that revealed :p

Nah, it's support to set up Trick Room and I know what I'll use if I do use it:

Adamant Scrafty @ Eject Button (maaaybe Chople Berry)
Intimidate
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Detect (although I might look around at other options... probably Detect though)

If it weren't for Intimidate I wouldn't be considering Scrafty at all :p This is the team he'll be replacing Hitmontop on: http://nuggetbridge.com/reports/long-live-the-slowking/

Bah, Intimidate Scrafty's no fun :(

How're you supposed to crush posers if you can't even bust a move?

Stage On

I don't want to get hyped up in case this announcement is just another spin off game or something even less important.

Having lower expectations makes it harder to be disappointed and I'll enjoy it more if it turns out to be something good too

I don't want to get hyped up in case this announcement is just another spin off game or something even less important.

Having lower expectations makes it harder to be disappointed and I'll enjoy it more if it turns out to be something good too
In fairness, the last simultaneous, pre-hyped international announcement was confirmation of Black and White, IIRC.

Your policy is a wise one, though.

Still on board the hype train

I had a weird dream today

What if it's actually Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2?

I thought I would want this, but then it gives them even more of an excuse to take out contests, secret bases , etc than to make a straight up remake, but then again it's not like they really need an excuse if they didnt want to bring those things back.

Um, excuse me, but... uh, why?

I2SwA.jpg

I had a weird dream today

What if it's actually Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2?

It'd be difficult to start a new generation of games without having a good number of new Pokémon species, which pretty much rules out either remakes or sequels for the first 3DS mainline titles. Not impossible, since they do have the ability to patch 3DS gamecarts since Kid Icarus (meaning they could be added later without having them in the game code unused at launch, which would inevitably lead to an early reveal by obsessive fans), but not optimal.

Kokonoe

Banned
I can deal with the Johto bashing, the Gen 1 bashing, and the Garbodor praise, but I cannot and will not stand for negative comments towards one of the great artists of our time, Ken Sugimori.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually hate Sugimori's old human art. Everyone feels strangely short, they have weird edgy facial heads, and the nose. Oh god the nose.

Gen 3 has his best human art.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I actually could see his hair already when I see his backsprite, but yeah I first thought it was his hair. Later on I just wondered why Brendan has a weird chicken hat.

qq more

I always like the Gen 1/2 art style most, there's just something cool about them. I always like the coloring style too. I don't mind the new art though, they're great too (but I'm not a fan of Gold/Ethan's redesign, so lame!).

Thanks Kokone for making this page unbrowsable on a mobile device.

Isn't there an option to prevent images from loading automatically? Just use that.

Top Bottom