• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

GEN VI IN 2013

NO MORE SPRITES

ROLLER SKATES

WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES

It's inside Snivy's bag.

picture.php

Wiseblade

So far it's a competition between the water and Fire starters for my affection. I got really worried about the designs when that deviantart-reject Grass starter showed up on screen.

So far it's a competition between the water and Fire starters for my affection. I got really worried about the designs when that deviantart-reject Grass starter showed up on screen.

But-but-but you hurt Chespin's heart... :(

Heh.

Who's going to bet that Game Freak will end up still upholding "all reptiles" for Grass-type starters?

Emitan

Yeah, but to Paris. :/

WHEN AM I GETTING MY LONDON REGION GAME FREAK

I WANT TO BATTLE IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD

Paris is a cool city. It was fun to visit. I spent too much of my time in London in my hotel room reading :x

And then that one time I accidentally wandered into a red light district...

Wiseblade

Paris is a cool city. It was fun to visit. I spent too much of my time in London in my hotel room reading :x

And then that one time I accidentally wandered into a red light district...

Meh, I didn't really think that much of paris the two times I went. Although the first was a school day trip and the other was to play Street Fighter. But it still had two chances to appeal to me!

However, I love London. Like, blind patriotism love.

You can Surf there postgame, of course

Great, now you've got my hopes up.

Emitan

If I save in Prof. Elm's lab and just keep resetting will i eventually get a female starter or will I have to restart the whole game?

I've succumbed to the urge.

Tell Dwebble I'm sorry for cheating on it. :(

And yes, I'd be unsurprised if X/Y had a compressed Europe for a region, rather than just France. Paris in the centre, Britain as an island to the north, Spanish desert to the West, mountains to the East. It's easy to make a Western European region.

Stage On

How the hell is that artificial difficulty? The best trainers have the best Pokémon. If you're going to do PWT / Subway at higher levels, you damn well better be competitive. That's who the mode is aimed at.

It's fine when it's optional. You can totally ignore the Subway if you want to.

But the Pokemon world tournament isn't exactly optional since it's part of the storyline.

Emitan

But the Pokemon world tournament isn't exactly optional since it's part of the storyline.

You only have to do like 3 battles in it. I completely swept them and I'm no competitive player by any means.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

The trainers they throw at you are laughably simple. You shouldn't have a problem unless you're running some terrible team with a bunch of common weaknesses. You don't exactly need to IV breed and EV train for those battles.

Stage On

The trainers they throw at you are laughably simple. You shouldn't have a problem unless you're running some terrible team with a bunch of common weaknesses. You don't exactly need to IV breed and EV train for those battles.

I haven't gotten that far so I thought when people said that everyone had perfect Iv's in the PWT it included that part as well

Busaiku

We should've gotten more US locations before going to Europe.
And if they're in a different continent, it should definitely have had less familiar Pokemon.

Wiseblade

I've succumbed to the urge.

Tell Dwebble I'm sorry for cheating on it. :(

And yes, I'd be unsurprised if X/Y had a compressed Europe for a region, rather than just France. Paris in the centre, Britain as an island to the north, Spanish desert to the West, mountains to the East. It's easy to make a Western European region.

You should be ashamed of yourself. My Empoleon loyalty is unwavering!

Top Bottom