• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

The Pokemon models look great - the thin black outline with that specific shading style used makes them look pretty close to Sugimori art in most of the shots I've seen. I prefer this style over the style used on Dex 3D.

Stage On

1fb8F.png

Oh man that is amazing! Did you draw that one Chet?

Suairyu

Banned
I'm amazed that I don't hate the 3D look. They've captured the spirit and aesthetic of the sprites very well. Will still miss the 2D+3D hybrid, though. I really think Black and White looked gorgeous.

But maybe this is just me panicking because I'm yet to play B/W2, but isn't this kinda soon for a main Pokémon release?

Forkball

So is Black and White 2 worth picking up or should I skip it and wait for October? I really enjoyed B&W but preferred HGSS and DPP.

So is Black and White 2 worth picking up or should I skip it and wait for October? I really enjoyed B&W but preferred HGSS and DPP.

I'd probably wait 'til October personally. BW2 are nice games and an interesting alternative to the traditional third version but not really essential if there's even the slightest concern of series fatigue before Gen 6 hits.

Anyone who thinks the new games need to "start fresh" and disallow transfers from the old games can go fuck themselves. I have seen it mentioned a few times now, and it boggles my mind.

I need to make a list of names. That way, if they start asking for people to trade them stuff that is only available from the old games, I can tell them to fuck off.

balddemon

Banned
Hey guys I don't know if you heard but there's a new Pokemon game(s) coming out in October!!!!!!!!!!! Team Froakie 4 lyfe (unless there is a severe lack of good Fire Pokes like in every game ever, then Team whatever-the-fuck-it-is 4 lyfe)

Speaking of Arcanine and Scrafty...

picture.php

Yeah, ink on paper >>>>>>> Paint.NET.

YES! That is actually awesome.

Alright, LIST WARS TIME! FAVOURITE SPINOFF GAMES, GO!

250px-Conquest_EN_boxart.jpg

176 hours logged; every last one enjoyable. Evolving warlords is even more addicting than evolving Pokémon, and I love kicking my roommate's butt in multiplayer. It also helps that EVs and IVs were replaced with legitimate strategy and positioning ^_^

The Pokemon models look great - the thin black outline with that specific shading style used makes them look pretty close to Sugimori art in most of the shots I've seen. I prefer this style over the style used on Dex 3D.
I'll have to agree. They found the best balance between distracting borders and a lack of linearity. I still want to see the actual Sugimori art, though—maybe the next CoroCoro.

Top Bottom