• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

MikeMyers

CHIKORITAS!
AQUA JET GYARADOS
SUCKER PUNCH TYRANITAR
V-CREATE + CONTRAY FLAREON
NASTY PLOT + AURA SPHERE GENGAR
BRAVE BIRD + HEAD SMASH AERODACTYL

Yup, I'm back

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Black 2 tonight. Currently about three hours in with:

a Snivy named Finn
a Purrloin named Serena
a Pidove named Felix
a Mareep named Nona
a Riolu named Lucas
a Psyduck named Waldo

Enjoying the game well enough so far. Feels like Pokemon. I like that I already have a really solid team of six only a few hours in. I remember beating Platinum nine months ago and only having four Pokemon I actually liked. That was so stupid.

Run should be default in Pokemon. Hold B to walk. Oh, and why the hell was the L = A control scheme taken out? I loved it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wtf, why is this wild magby so hard to catch.

Edit : Finally caught it! Took like twelve normal Pokeballs. Also, god DAMN Magmar is ugly. Magmortar is pretty awesome, though.

Edit 2 : Audino is adorable.

ffdgh

Wait who's cameron? The scatter brain with the lucario? It should be obvious by now that ash's journey through regions is pointless as the writers hate him and never wants him to achieve when it matters.
KuGsj.gif

Wait who's cameron? The scatter brain with the lucario? It should be obvious by now that ash's journey through regions is pointless as the writers hate him and never wants him to achieve when it matters.
KuGsj.gif

Yeah, Cameron is Kotetsu.

Ash will achieve something in Episode N, even if it's nothing official.

QP3

Hello Pokegaf. So with the new information that has come out about X/Y and Gen VI, I realized Gen IV is the only one I haven't played.

Did I miss much? Are Diamond and Pearl worth playing?

Hello Pokegaf. So with the new information that has come out about X/Y and Gen VI, I realized Gen IV is the only one I haven't played.

Did I miss much? Are Diamond and Pearl worth playing?

Skip D/P and go for Platinum instead. It's everything the first two should have been plus more.

....Oh wow it works so well. Tempted to name mine Dento or Cilan....9 months in advance.

I'm naming mine Desmond II. A history of my starter nicknames:

Blue: Derek (Bulbasaur)
Silver: Toto (Totodile. Shut up; I was young)
Crystal: Kane (Cyndaquil)
Sapphire: Mackenzie (Torchic)
LeafGreen: Galia (Squirtle)
Emerald: Sunny (Mudkip)
Pearl: Leo (Turtwig)
Platinum: Silvio (Piplup)
SoulSilver: Bifrost (Totodile)
White: Lynnette (Snivy)
Black: Murdoc (Tepig. Gorrilaz <3)
White 2: Jake (Oshawott)

For some reason I feel like listening to Generation III music more. Perhaps it's the EXTREME TRUMPETS in RSE, or HARD ROCKING in FRLG. Hmm... it's like they went to extremes then.

For some reason I feel like listening to Generation III music more. Perhaps it's the EXTREME TRUMPETS in RSE, or HARD ROCKING in FRLG. Hmm... it's like they went to extremes then.
Ichinose pretty much had to. The stereo speakers in the base model GBA were so cheap he and the Game Freak sound team had to crank up the arrangements so that the melody could stick out. It's a mixed blessing. The music he created in Gen III is simply the best single run of any Pokémon game musician outside of Hitomi Sato's DS work; listening to the music now can be difficult, especially since it's often way distorted. (He confirmed this little tidbit in an interview round table featured on the first anime music album—wish I could get the link right now.)

I love me that Pokémon music. I'm also playing through FireRed alongside my other stuff. None of that includes published album reviews, though.

Stage On

God, I remember the days when the Leagues were the best and most awesome fights...when it took something really boss to shut someone down

It's pretty sad when the orignal Kanto league is better then the trash we got in Unova. At least that one had a few good battles even if the ending was weak.

Stage On

you mean like when ash's charizard sat around doing nothing and literally cost him the tournament e_e

But that was the only bad point of that League. Every other battle was really good by the standards at the time.

Who can forget Kingler sweeping or Muk kicking grass?

upandaway

Oh my god I just had the most brilliant flash ever in my entire life for my entire life

COTTON EAR THINGS

White_menbo.jpg

FOR DS STYLUS

Finally I can move around all my pokemen without scratching the god dang screen oh god hold me

Top Bottom