• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Drago

Aeana led me to the wrong PokeGAF thread :(

Well, it was fun guys. Surprised that thread lasted as long as it did. Until next time!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy shit it's locked.

Also the sales thing really should consider the context of its release and stuff. If anything I'm surprised Gen V managed to sell so much despite the competition.

Now the original community thread will probably end up locked for getting bumped. :(

finally locked i can rest

Is that what you were trying to do?

gvo1zPv.png

Anyway, going on with type/theme -
1st match (Water, 7/6th rank?)
Milotic, Gyarados

Rematch (Serpentine)
Dragonair, Arbok, Milotic, Gyarados, Steelix, Rayquaza(!)

MikeMyers

Magenzone used Light Screen!
Teams Special Defense Rosr!

Next turn....

Raichu used Focus Blast!
A Critical Hit!
Magnezone fainted

FUCK YOU PWT I HATE YOU SO MUCH

Xux

They should put in an option to disable critical hits. It wouldn't be too much of an advantage 'cause it'd affect both sides!

JoeM86

Going live at 13:00 local time today is a new Global Link event Pokémon: Garchomp. It's only available if you participated in the real life leagues, in this case the Virbank season.

Also, I facepalm at those say to stop creating new Pokémon. They indicate it makes the franchise have fatigue, stagnate etc., but fail to realise that if people were just capturing the same Pokémon over and over and over again, that would cause fatigue and stagnation

ffdgh

KuGsj.gif
I was wondering how long it'll be until the topic's demise.

And thanks for the heads up....I guess I'll snag rough skin garchomp for commodity.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You guys just had to fuck up the thread in gaming.

It was going to go into community anyway at some point.

That other thread was just a PokeGaf recruitment drive, all the creepiness that led to the locking was just a trial of endurance, if you couldn't handle it without getting your knickers in a twist then you weren't mentally strong enough for the perils of the Pokemon community thread.

zroid

Banned
I feel lost without the other thread :(

it was the only thing keeping my sanity in check while awaiting the next trickle of news.

Ainaurdur

Small update on my White play-through:

I am surprised at how I am enjoying naming my pokemon this time around. Some names I pick for connections to Type or the animal it is based on, others have just been random names I liked.

I named my female Blitzle, Celty. Was my first instinct based on colors, though thinking about it afterward, would have made more sense to use the name on a Dark type. But I am still happy with the choice.

I keep getting busy days and not much time to play, so progression is slow. Also been taking a bit of time to level several pokemon evenly. So I am not even to Nacrene City yet.

ffdgh

Yeah It would be much more fun to start the game over and over until I get enough copies of tms I need for one pokemon let alone 6.
KuGsj.gif

I actually bought White 2 just to grab the event Keldeo. Guess I have another fun game to play now. I guess until X/Y any event mons are probably just going to be for version 2's.

Top Bottom