• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

javac

So I posted this in the wrong community thread and thought I'd post it again. ffdgh replied and I appreciate the reply! But I thought I'd post it again so more light could be shed on my incompetence 'the problem'.

Hey guys, need some help. I was a MASSIVE Pokemon fan as a kid and I've always loved the series and have been interested in the games/anime for a long time. I've decided to get back into it now by playing Black/white and then V2. I was wondering, If I choose Pokemon White would it be in my best interested to then play White 2 as opposed to getting Black 2 for story continuation/data etc? or doesn't it matter?

Thanks!

ffdgh

So I posted this in the wrong community thread and thought I'd post it again. ffdgh replied and I appreciate the reply! But I thought I'd post it again so more light could be shed on my incompetence 'the problem'.

Hey guys, need some help. I was a MASSIVE Pokemon fan as a kid and I've always loved the series and have been interested in the games/anime for a long time. I've decided to get back into it now by playing Black/white and then V2. I was wondering, If I choose Pokemon White would it be in my best interested to then play White 2 as opposed to getting Black 2 for story continuation/data etc? or doesn't it matter?

Thanks!

Hmm my bad. Since you had white, It is strongly suggested to get white 2 to continue the story from where it left off and to capture the Legendary dragon that you did not get when you battled N.

Better? :p

Refyref

Thanks!

Story wise, continuing to White 2 after White 1 is the correct choice. It doesn't matter too much, but it would create a bit of inconsistency if you go from White to Black 2 or vice versa.

What is this? A Chespin virus? Spreading? Chespin.

I can only guess.

javac

Hmm my bad. Since you had white, It is strongly suggested to get white 2 to continue the story from where it left off and to capture the Legendary dragon that you did not get when you battled N.

Better? :p

Lol thanks, sorry about that, I just thought that I'd post it again so I could get more information on why I should stick with the same colour. Thanks for the info again :)

Story wise, continuing to White 2 after White 1 is the correct choice. It doesn't matter too much, but it would create a bit of inconsistency if you go from White to Black 2 or vice versa.

Thanks, I'm going to pick up White/White 2 and get to work! Hopefully in time for X/Y! The original White/Black still goes for a pretty penny, but I've found White for £19.99 band new so I'm gonna get it.

Great, now I'm stuck with this thread again...

This thread just isn't the same.

We'll never be good enough for you. :<

That other thread was just a PokeGaf recruitment drive, all the creepiness that led to the locking was just a trial of endurance, if you couldn't handle it without getting your knickers in a twist then you weren't mentally strong enough for the perils of the Pokemon community thread.

There are no perils. Just a few oversensitive ninnies. :<

Is Keldeo still available via Event? With BW or BW2?

Yup I think for another week or so. For BW2 that is.

Look at my nifty thread no one posts in anymore. :<

You have until February 12th.

CorvoSol

I'm thinking I'll just skip Gen V.2 I tend to skip 3rd versions anyway. I waited to get it, but then they go and announce Gen VI, so I'll just get Gen VI and forget all about Pokemon Z when it comes out.

Vancha

Lately I've been thinking to watch the anime again. Problem is thzt I stopped looking at the beginning of the Ruby/Sapphire arc a long long time ago. So my question now.

Is itworth watching all the seasons up to where they are now? Or are there lesser seasons that I could easily skip?

JoeM86

Another new WiFi Competition announced

The 2013 Winter Friendly.

It's the first WiFi Competition outside of Japan that is a Rotation Battle.

Registration Period: February 7th 2013 to February 14th 2013
Battle Period: February 15th 2013 to February 18th 2013
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Chatot

It divides into two divisions; Masters and Juniors/Seniors.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Ainaurdur

Look at my nifty thread no one posts in anymore. :<

You have until February 12th.

Since I bought W2 to make sure I get Keldeo before the event ends, I was also thinking about using the copy of W2 to send the 2 starter Pokemon I do not have yet, back over to White which I am still playing through.

So two questions.
1. How far into W2 will I have to get to be able to do local trades with a 3DS and a DS Lite?
2. Since I have not beaten White yet, will I run across any major story spoilers while getting to the first trade point?

PK Gaming

Another new WiFi Competition announced

The 2013 Winter Friendly.

It's the first WiFi Competition outside of Japan that is a Rotation Battle.

Registration Period: February 7th 2013 to February 14th 2013
Battle Period: February 15th 2013 to February 18th 2013
Battle Type: Rotation Battle
Pokémon Restrictions: National Pokédex
Banned Pokémon: Chatot

It divides into two divisions; Masters and Juniors/Seniors.

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

Thanks

I think i'll compete, since Rotation battles rule

Man, PokéGAF is too commercial.

We sold out a long time ago.

Since I bought W2 to make sure I get Keldeo before the event ends, I was also thinking about using the copy of W2 to send the 2 starter Pokemon I do not have yet, back over to White which I am still playing through.

So two questions.
1. How far into W2 will I have to get to be able to do local trades with a 3DS and a DS Lite?
2. Since I have not beaten White yet, will I run across any major story spoilers while getting to the first trade point?

1. You have to beat the first gym.
2. You'll meet some characters from the first game, but I don't remember any big story spoilers at that point. I could be wrong though!

Ainaurdur

1. You have to beat the first gym.
2. You'll meet some characters from the first game, but I don't remember any big story spoilers at that point. I could be wrong though!

Thank you for the quick reply.

Figured it probably meant beating the first gym. (Besides the obvious of catching at least one extra pokemon since you can't trade away the only one you have. Always been that way.)

And I suppose if there were big spoilers, I could just wait until I start W2 for real and use White to trade the couple over along with whichever ones I gather through the course of playing White's story.

Thinking I might just go ahead and take the chance of being spoiled in W2 though. Want them all together sooner.
Yes, including Keldeo too!

Drago

I found this on Kotaku:

original.jpg

supposed to be a Pokedex. Thought it looked cool

Top Bottom