• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

m2NBrqK.png

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Pokemon: Best Wish (It Was Over)

I did like both Cilan and Iris a lot. Wouldn't mind seeing them pulling a Misty and Brock and sticking around one more region.

Stage On

Omg Ike that is hilarious!

Totally true too. I nearly did fall asleep watching the episode where Kibago got lost during the league. So yawn inducing

I guess part of the reason I'm so frustrated with the situation is that the anime has the potential to be really amazing but they just keep screwing things up.

Busaiku

Do they even have the time to do that properly with X and Y coming out in October?

Doing another proper league type situation would take over a month. I'm not sure they could pull it off and still tell a satisfying Team plasma story between now and then

They've got like 40 episodes, it's definitely possible.

There won't be a new League, but there'll be the traditional filler saga victory for Ash.

I can almost- not quite, but almost- see the logic behind not having Ash do all that well in this League. Johto and Sinnoh had big impressive battles at the climax of their Leagues, but they were at the end of their respective sagas. Best Wishes, on the other hand, isn't over yet, so a big climax at the League would hobble Episode N before it starts.

This isn't anything new; the Kanto League finished hideously underwhelmingly, but the Orange Islands offered redemption with Ash beating Drake, and Ash lost to a Meowth in Hoenn but ended up beating Brandon and being offered a position as a Frontier Brain.

He'll get some impressive victory at the end of Episode N, I'm certain of it.

ffdgh

A tad late but it's sad how accurate this is.

Oh and Meloetta will be available at US GameStop stores from March 4 to 24, and from Canadian EB Games stores starting March 9....
A month late and not a wifi event...tho I digress it's better than not getting her at all.

JoeM86

There's a Substitute Doll on the Dream World now. Clearly they're going to milk the love of it 'til it's dry.

substitutedoll.png

Japan is going crazy over the plush for it

Aggrotek

Hey guys more exciting news!

Me and some friends have decided to start a monthly podcast called Generation One.
We will be talking about all things Pokemon and maybe even other things as we decide later on.

Here is the image one of them came up with to promote the show:

Disclaimer:
I am the Scrafty. I am in no way trying to copy ScraftyDevil, Andy asked me my favorite Pokemon and depicted me as a Scrafty who likes to catch shiny Pokemon.

qq more

Me and some friends have decided to start a monthly podcast called Generation One.
We will be talking about all things Pokemon and maybe even other things as we decide later on.

Disclaimer:
I am the Scrafty. I am in no way trying to copy ScraftyDevil, Andy asked me my favorite Pokemon and depicted me as a Scrafty who likes to catch shiny Pokemon.

DOCTOR IVO RRRRRROBOTNIK

Refyref

Good timing. ;)

Episode 4: Put on the Red Light

I really hope you guys like this one, it was the most fun I've had yet.

Nice episode. R.I.P. Slagathor.

There's a Substitute Doll on the Dream World now. Clearly they're going to milk the love of it 'til it's dry.

substitutedoll.png

Japan is going crazy over the plush for it

Who wouldn't go crazy over it? Is it just for Japan right now? Guess I should log in to DW again.

Well, most of the anime has that effect on me, not just Best Wishes. :p
Actually, I've never even watched any episode of Best Wishes.

I started a twitter guys. You guys should follow me. :p https://twitter.com/TheAggrotek

I really hope we get X/Y info soon.

The good thing about the horribly slow news trickle is that I don't need to start a media blackout anytime soon. :p

PK Gaming

Empoleon's fun and games until Earthquake hits it.

It has 2 very specific niches in standard play. It's a supremely powerful Choice Specs user in the rain, and its a momentary check to Dragon-moves (Dragon-moves, not types) and its also a decent support Pokemon. It's one of those Pokemon that good players use to surprise their opponents.

also, not garchomp z_z

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How many days till new Corocoro and hopefully new mons?

It has 2 very specific niches in standard play. It's a supremely powerful Choice Specs user in the rain, and its a momentary check to Dragon-moves (Dragon-moves, not types) and its also a decent support Pokemon. It's one of those Pokemon that good players use to surprise their opponents.

also, not garchomp z_z

I had buffchomp for months now

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
How many days till new Corocoro and hopefully new mons?

Probably about 7 or 8, the 12th is the usual leak (and this Saturday we'll probably see a silhouette on Smash for the Pokemon they've reveal for Movie 16 the week after).

I actually think they're hold off major X/Y News for awhile since it's still so far away, the upcoming CoroCoro will be focused on Movie 16 and the New Pokemon that will undoubtedly star alongside Genesect.

upandaway

ARGH more of those stupid store bound events :( They did release Keldeo on WiFi afterwards so that was fine, but man.. I'd be screwed if I take a chance and they don't do it again.

Anyone wanna help a guy out with Meloetta by getting a spare? At the very least I could give you a Keldeo since UltimateIke helped me out with him last time, I can extend the kindness a bit.

Anyone plan on entering the next Wi-Fi tournament? Only Chatot is banned and I've only ever played with the VGC format. What is the ubers scene like? Kyogres Kyogres everywhere? Any non-ubers that are used commonly? Will be glad to get an excuse to use Lugia.

Stage On

There won't be a new League, but there'll be the traditional filler saga victory for Ash.

I can almost- not quite, but almost- see the logic behind not having Ash do all that well in this League. Johto and Sinnoh had big impressive battles at the climax of their Leagues, but they were at the end of their respective sagas. Best Wishes, on the other hand, isn't over yet, so a big climax at the League would hobble Episode N before it starts.

This isn't anything new; the Kanto League finished hideously underwhelmingly, but the Orange Islands offered redemption with Ash beating Drake, and Ash lost to a Meowth in Hoenn but ended up beating Brandon and being offered a position as a Frontier Brain.

He'll get some impressive victory at the end of Episode N, I'm certain of it.

I can kind of get that logic as well even if I don't like it much :(

At least with the Kanto leauge it was the first one and by the standards of the time the battles where pretty good. Krabby evolving and sweeping was great and who can Forget Muk kicking grass? Seeing Ash use his reserves was exciting even if the ending was really weak.

The only thing they did really wrong was having Ash lose because of Team Rocket's interference so it wasn't really a legitimate loss.

And while Ash losing to Meowth in Hoenn was disappointing at least all of the battles where super intense.

Refyref

Anyone plan on entering the next Wi-Fi tournament? Only Chatot is banned and I've only ever played with the VGC format. What is the ubers scene like? Kyogres Kyogres everywhere? Any non-ubers that are used commonly? Will be glad to get an excuse to use Lugia.

Pretty sure Wi-Fi tournaments use VGC rules, which bans most ubers. Kyogre and Lugia are definitely banned.

BTW, when are the next registrations for a Wi-Fi tournament going to open?

Pretty sure Wi-Fi tournaments use VGC rules, which bans most ubers. Kyogre and Lugia are definitely banned.

Not all of them. The next one is rotation battles with only Chatot banned. Registration is open from the 7th to 14th.

Disclaimer:

Lawyer up.

I'll be there every month ;)

Aggrotek

Name your Magikarp after me.

(Your basically guaranteed to get one with the Old Rod lol).

Just tried catching a Magikarp in Dewford and I got a Tentacool lol

Wanna name it? Its a girl.

Lawyer up.

I'll be there every month ;)

Glad you are ok with it! lol Plus I get to have Ash's hat on. :p

Edit: Do you guys think the encounter per area, in my Nuzlocke, in caves should apply to the whole cave? Or each new area of the cave counts as a new area?

JoeM86

Not all of them. The next one is rotation battles with only Chatot banned. Registration is open from the 7th to 14th.

Correct. I'm actually happy with this. I'm fed up with Japan having the cool tournaments and all ours being VGC rules

Refyref

Edit: Do you guys think the encounter per area, in my Nuzlocke, in caves should apply to the whole cave? Or each new area of the cave counts as a new area?

Well, if it's a different area gamewise (as in, has a different set of Pokemon to find), consider it a new one. Otherwise, it's just more rooms of a single area, and should only count as one.

Correct. I'm actually happy with this. I'm fed up with Japan having the cool tournaments and all ours being VGC rules

Well, it should certainly be entertaining to watch. I wonder what will the winning teams will look like, though? And with the no bans rule, I doubt I would be able to get anywhere in that tournament. Probably won't sign up.

Top Bottom