• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

JoeM86

Uh...no?

Remember how he repeatedly lost to Trip who, unlike Paul, wasn't a full-on veteran?
Remember how he forgot to bring more than one Pokemon to the Elesa Gym Battle?
Remember how he obtained his last badge in a 6 vs. 3 battle against Roxie, and still ended up losing his whole team bar Pikachu?
Remember how he lost to Cameron, even though the latter literally forgot to bring 6 Pokemon.

What show are you watching?

-When he battled against Trip (Only three of his battles were a loss. Ash won the rest, or drew, there were special circumstances. Circumstance the first, he was using a weakened Pikachu which couldn't use its attacks. Circumstance the second, he used a team of weak unevolveds. Circumstance the third was Pikachu VS Serperior which was then later rematched where Ash won
-May have been a dub thing. I believe in the original, he didn't bring one Pokémon, he just decided to change his strategy completely part way in battle
-Irrelevant. He still won
-Also irrelevant. Plus, again, he had a team of unevolveds in that battle, right after a battle where he used his evolved Pokémon. Plus, he would have won if it wasn't for the sudden deus ex machina of an evolution on Cameron's part

I put it to you that even the most experienced trainer loses when they use weak Pokémon against slightly stronger Pokémon, even if the other trainer is less experienced.

Preorder your ticket for the monthly hype train.

Around the 15th = CoroCoro time, so news is... probably imminent.

Wasn't this issue also dealing in movie info? I think that was on one of the pages from the January issue.

Yep. Expect news at the start of the month, most likely just pertaining to the movie

Stage On

I would say needing six Pokemon to take out three is pretty relevent since it makes Ash look incompetent and week.

It's also super out of character since Ash loves a challenge and will generally pick the hard road over the easy one.

At the battle factory he delibrately chose to fight the strongest Pokemon he possibly could.

At the Striaton gym he went out of his way to battle all three gym leaders when he only had to fight one to get the badge.

This is not a person I can see agreeing to such uneven battle conditions so easily.

JoeM86

I would say needing six Pokemon to take out three is pretty relevent since it makes Ash look incompetent and week.

It's also super out of character since Ash loves a challenge and will generally pick the hard road over the easy one.

At the battle factory he delibrately chose to fight the strongest Pokemon he possibly could.

At the Striaton gym he went out of his way to battle all three gym leaders when he only had to fight one to get the badge.

This is not a person I can see agreeing to such uneven battle conditions so easily.

Roxie was cocky and said it. Ash didn't want to do it like that, but the Gym Leader sets the rules

JoeM86

So what do people think about the latest Japanese event?

Serebii.net said:
A new Japanese event has been revealed within the Pokémon Centre in Nagoya. To celebrate the moving of the store into a new building, they are distributing a special Magikarp. This Magikarp is a Level 99 Shiny Magikarp holding a Rare Candy. It also has the moves Flail, Hydro Pump, Bounce and Splash. It is to be given from March 20th 2013 to May 6th 2013
magikarpevent.png

JoeM86

For those wondering, it's a golden Magikarp because this event is for the Nagoya Pokémon Center, and Nagoya is often symbolised by a golden tiger carp

Well, looks like Refyref's solution didn't work. :(

:(

That was an untimely end.

Game Boy Advance emulators can be very finicky with save files and their types.

(Pokémon main series games use 128 KB of flash memory for saving games in the third generation; VBA-M should almost always come bundled with an extensive list of game configurations to ensure that the emulator is emulating the right components. Sometimes, autodetection fails hard, especially with older emulators.)

EDIT: HIGHFIVEPAWCLAWETCTIME!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They've been showing men in eeveelution suits and saying that they have a special member or something.

Aggrotek

I have a photoshop request if anyone wants to do it:

Take this picture:

And add the faces of:

Treecko, Beautifly, Makuhita, Lombre, Gulpin, Nincada, Whismur, and Tentacool over the faces of the people in the picture. :3

Top Bottom