• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

injurai

Banned
If you hate any of the first say... 6 movies then their is something seriously wrong with you. Assuming you like pokemon at all.

Korosenai

If you hate any of the first say... 6 movies then their is something seriously wrong with you. Assuming you like pokemon at all.

I love Pokemon and I buy every game, but I haven't watched a single anime episode or movie since around the 4th grade. I've also never read the manga. I'm just not interested in that stuff.

I also still have the first Pokemon movie vhs in my closet. Maybe I should watch it again sometime.

qq more

I didn't like much of the first 3 movies.

The first movie was great half of the times though but the ending was a letdown. Meh.

Stage On

Ten bucks says that it's both a different Mewtwo somehow and that Ash will scan it again with his PokéDex.

Didn't Ash try to scan it and it just said "unknown."? The Pokedex shouldn't have any info on Mewtwo in the anime because hardly anyone outside of Team Rocket know's Mewtwo exists

He didn't bother trying to scan anything in the last movie which kind of felt weird to be honest.

Busaiku

Didn't Ash try to scan it and it just said "unknown."? The Pokedex shouldn't have any info on Mewtwo in the anime because hardly anyone outside of Team Rocket know's Mewtwo exists

He didn't bother trying to scan anything in the last movie which kind of felt weird to be honest.

Maybe it didn't recognize it cause of the armor.

Refyref

Hey guys Episode 10 is up! Refyref makes his debut.

:D
wbnQhro.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought Celebi film was really good and the ending was a copout (
you know, Celebi living
).

EDIT:

*checks pixiv*
*looks at new images of artists I watched*
*anthro Growlithe showing his footpads*

-__________-

injurai

Banned
You know, I don't really mind the aesthetics and design of this new eevolution. But I am kinda peeved that it broke the naming convention that they had going...

also I want a dragon type and this better not be it. I honestly can't tell what type they are going for here... maybe a dual type? Normal Steel or Normal Flying...?

I thought Celebi film was really good and the ending was a copout (
you know, Celebi living
).

EDIT:

*checks pixiv*
*looks at new images of artists I watched*
*anthro Growlithe showing his footpads*

-__________-

Sounds like there is something on your chest you want to get off.

Refyref

You know, I don't really mind the aesthetics and design of this new eevolution. But I am kinda peeved that it broke the naming convention that they had going...

also I want a dragon type and this better not be it. I honestly can't tell what type they are going for here... maybe a dual type? Normal Steel or Normal Flying...?

It didn't break it, there was no cross-gen naming convention for Eeveelutions in Japanese. Also, I quite like it too. And we do need a dragon Eeveelution.

Wait, so this could just be the Japanese name? Or do we know the english as well...

This is just the Japanese name.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got the English name on the 15th, when the magazine is officially released.

On a different note, we now know that Episode N finishes in Japan at the end of April... meaning that we, once again, have a massive gap in the anime before X and Y comes out that we don't have anything to fill.

Refyref

This word is a verb and a noun and "Plooshy" is the adjective form but the noun and the verb have slightly different meanings for no reason. The noun ploosh means a certain amount of soft stuff, such as the ploofy stuff in pillows, or those beany sand things you find inside those insanely soft "Moshi" pillows. The verb ploosh means to hit someone with a soft object, with the intention to severely harm. Though this makes no sense since if you wanted to hurt someone by hitting them with something you could just hit them with something hard, but the stupid people try to maim people with pillows and the like, this is called plooshing.
Noun - This pillow has so much ploosh in it.
Adjective - This pillow is so plooshy.
Verb - I'm gonna ploosh you with this pillow!!!
Adverb - And so the pillow was plooshily slammed into the unsuspecting mans face.

In this case, his poor money.

Of course, it has another meaning which is entirely different, but that's besides the point. :p

Stage On

This is just the Japanese name.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got the English name on the 15th, when the magazine is officially released.

On a different note, we now know that Episode N finishes in Japan at the end of April... meaning that we, once again, have a massive gap in the anime before X and Y comes out that we don't have anything to fill.

Woww Episode N is ending a lot sooner then I expected. I thought for sure they would use it and it alone to take up time until X and Y

Refyref

Woww Episode N is ending a lot sooner then I expected. I thought for sure they would use it and it alone to take up time until X and Y

Didn't the same thing happen before B\W too?

i dont even know what episode n is...

Let me guess, is Episode N their adaption of B/W's final scene?

Nah, seems like Episode N focuses on BW2's "arc" but focuses more on BW1's legendaries.

N's an opposing force to Team Plasma, Colress is doing more overtly antagonistic experiments, and Ghetsis and the grunts are in their BW2 gear, but N takes up elements of his BW characterisation and doesn't appear to control Reshiram any more.

It's using the basic tenets of the BW2 plot as a springboard for their own stuff, basically.

Didn't the same thing happen before B\W too?

Exactly the opposite; Ash lost against Tobias two episodes before the end of the Sinnoh saga and before the start of Best Wishes.

They are essentially going to have to do two filler sagas here. There are places and events left to be wrapped up (Ash's connection to Zekrom, Dragonspiral Tower, setting up the Genesect/Mewtwo movie), but I'd assumed they were handling them in Episode N proper.

Refyref

Exactly the opposite; Ash lost against Tobias two episodes before the end of the Sinnoh saga and before the start of Best Wishes.

They are essentially going to have to do two filler sagas here. There are places and events left to be wrapped up (Ash's connection to Zekrom, Dragonspiral Tower, setting up the Genesect/Mewtwo movie), but I'd assumed they were handling them in Episode N proper.

Oh, I thought that before Best Wishes came out, they stopped the show for a while.

Top Bottom